Fishing Venues

mcfester

Bung Bora Pet just outside Nakhon Sawan is supposed to be very good, usually see people fishing around there. Its supposed to be the biggest sourse of freshwater fish in thailand. Not really into it myself so cant give you more details sorry

we pasted that last month and called, its more like a big fish farm and the wife said you couldn't fish there, might be wrong though.

Just located Bung san lan near BKK on the map, its Bang Kapi on the 304 road, funnily enough were going to Min Buri to pick up a mate tomorror so will call in and check out the prices etc.

Now thats strange about Bung Borapet cos I've only ever seen people fishing there,(rod and line) and never seen any fish farms.

Try this link for Bung san lan

http://www.thaifishingguide.com/freshwater...ngkok/index.htm

Your more than likely correct, its a massive lake so they probly have the farms fenced in. I've seen the farms on the 225 road where the water authority is, where do the people fish?

Now thats strange about Bung Borapet cos I've only ever seen people fishing there,(rod and line) and never seen any fish farms.

Try this link for Bung san lan

http://www.thaifishingguide.com/freshwater...ngkok/index.htm

Your more than likely correct, its a massive lake so they probly have the farms fenced in. I've seen the farms on the 225 road where the water authority is, where do the people fish?

I usually pass on the road opposite that one the 3004, there is a small road off that to the lake, not sure if you need a licence or what. I cant say that I've been there often or even paid that much attention, but I have definatly seen people fishing there :o

You can get fairly good quality salmon in (usually Japanese) restaurants in Thailand  - it doesnt taste as if it's been frozen and then defrosted as far as I can tell.

Any ideas from where they get these? Are they bred locally from pacific salmon, or imported?

Heard imported mostly from Norway.

Alaskan salmons are hard to be found here and if available a lot more expensive than Norwegian salmon.

There is a small lake here in Bang Bua Thong that you can fish in for about 50baht a day (ithink that's the price) and a fairly big canal (I call it that) that you can fish in for free here also. Will be checking it out soon and will let everyone know.

Bambi, where is this place on the river and do they charge to fish there?

Let's go fishing.

:o

Nothing like sitting on the beach and having a few beers.

Unless of course you can do the deep sea version and that is the best.

You can get fairly good quality salmon in (usually Japanese) restaurants in Thailand  - it doesnt taste as if it's been frozen and then defrosted as far as I can tell.

Any ideas from where they get these? Are they bred locally from pacific salmon, or imported?

Most of the salmon available is Atlantic Salmon imported from Tasmania which also supplies a large % of the Japanese market With the same species. :o

Just to add my fave fishing spot to this list even though its a way from the OP is at the estuary of the River Chan in Chanthaburi near Laem Singh. The fishing in this area is very good especially during the wet season when you get the nutrients all washing from upcountry to the sea.

Edited by ProfessorFart

Most of the salmon available is Atlantic Salmon imported from Tasmania which also supplies a large % of the Japanese market With the same species. :o

Why is Atlantic salmon imported through Tasmania??? :D

That's a long way to go fishing from Tasmania.

Why is Atlantic salmon imported through Tasmania??? :o

That's a long way to go fishing from Tasmania.

It's not imported through Tasmania, it's imported from Tasmania. Just like chili was brought here from South america and farmed here, Salmon has been imported from Europe/Canada and is being farmed in Tasmania.

It's not as tasty as the scotch wild salmon tho!

:D

i ask one shop selling fishing gear near my place, they told me , nice way to do a fishing trip is to go near the river kwai bridge and get a barge and sleep and fish from there ...

Anyone try this before ? or similar ? like rent a cabin ?

i ask one shop selling fishing gear near my place, they told me , nice way to do a fishing trip is to go near the river kwai bridge and get a barge and sleep and fish from there ...

Anyone try this before ? or similar ? like rent a cabin ?

I have a plan to hire one of those big houseboat/barges for the weekend and take the whole family out on it. They were quite reasonable in price, I just can't remember how much.

There seem parts of the river that look so beautiful where you can see to the bottom of the river and see the fisk swimming around.

Another place that looks interesting is a resort that is on a small river-island, you could sit on the front of your porch and hang a line over.

I can't remember - sorry. I found it when I was on a long-tail boat, and went down-river from Kanchanaburi.

I will ask my wife to see if she remembered. Otherwise you may be able to google it.

• 1 month later...

post-9470-1126206847_thumb.jpg

Bung Bora Pet just outside Nakhon Sawan is supposed to be very good, usually see people fishing around there. Its supposed to be the biggest sourse of freshwater fish in thailand. Not really into it myself so cant give you more details sorry

we pasted that last month and called, its more like a big fish farm and the wife said you couldn't fish there, might be wrong though.

Just located Bung san lan near BKK on the map, its Bang Kapi on the 304 road, funnily enough were going to Min Buri to pick up a mate tomorror so will call in and check out the prices etc.

bung borapet can be fished ....this fish was caught in pattaya but have caught the same sort of fish in nakhon sawan at bung borapet....used somesort of bread with a smelly smell added..same as carping in uk

wanna know anymore or seemore fish just ask

im going after xmas if anyone wants to join us...but beware wife will always catch more!!!!!:o)

Edited by steve101

bung borapet can be fished ....this fish was caught in pattaya but have caught the same sort of fish in nakhon sawan at bung borapet....used somesort of bread with a smelly smell added..same as carping in uk

im going after xmas if anyone wants to join us...but beware wife will always catch more!!!!!:o)

what sort of fish is that. Blaa sawaay????

what sort of fish is that. Blaa sawaay????

sure is