Van Hire In Bangkok.... Where

LickersPhuket

Bloody hard thing to find! me and the missus tried for ages to find a decent sized van either with or without a driver, no luck anywhere. In the end we gave a grand to her work colleague and we did it with his Toyota pickup truck. I was not surprised when nobody answered your post, I asked the same question myself last year and got no sensible reply's. We will move again soon so if you do find something as flash as a Merc Sprinter or clean tranny van please let me know. A rusty old worn out pickup with a wannabe rally driver at the wheel who will white charge you is probably gonna be your main option.

Thanks for the reply...................... Have looked at the "vigo" option and its gonna mean 2 runs to phuket. :D 800kms each way :D but at the mo it looks like thats gonna be on the cards...... :) a new business for an aspiring farang........... van hire :D but if i do find anything.......... i will let ya know.

they have white vans at mochit bts-skytrain station.,but they have certain destinations that they go to ,price approximately 70 baht.some of the drivers might know where ya can rent one.

getting one with seats is easy................ i want one with out seats :)

I suggest going to the On Nut Lotus parking lot, SW corner, before 10:30 AM any day. There are a lot of vans there just waiting to be hired, the prices are decent (bring someone along who speaks Thai to make sure, but I can tell you I've bargained with them and they're OK). These vans do a good business, so it definitely is one of the "go-to" places. Take BTS to On Nut, the parking lot is right downstairs.

I suggest going to the On Nut Lotus parking lot, SW corner, before 10:30 AM any day. There are a lot of vans there just waiting to be hired, the prices are decent (bring someone along who speaks Thai to make sure, but I can tell you I've bargained with them and they're OK). These vans do a good business, so it definitely is one of the "go-to" places. Take BTS to On Nut, the parking lot is right downstairs.

The vans at On Nut, are they vans or mini vans with seats?

The normal rental would be a small truck (much larger than a pickup) for such use. Vans are almost all pax carry here. The trucks are parked along side streets with for rent signs on them (which means with driver who should also be able to get crew to load/unload). Either phone number on truck or driver asleep under it.

You can check out Mardird on Patpong, they used to have a van with a driver for rent. dont know the cost. Not sure but I think this is their number 02 234 6904.

If they dont rent a van anymore Im sure they can help you find one.

Thanks for all the replys so far.............. some of them i am gonna be looking into..................... but over night i had a brainwave and been to look at them today and it will work.............. Hire a Toyota Commuter van.............. around the 1800b a day rate............... and then take out the seats.......... there are only 4 13mm bolts holding the seats in.......... so 10 mins work and all the seats are out and you got a decent size van :) job done

• 2 weeks later...

For future reference, we do van rentals from Bangkok, I'll put an advert on here when I get chance.

Very reasonably priced clean vans, with no rear seats!

Please contact Matt: 08412 37121

[email protected]

Just so you all know................. Matts Vans above are sound.............. Very very good prices.............. and you can hire with or without driver................ Highly recommended.............. Keep up the good work Matt.

• 4 months later...

Please contact Matt: 08412 37121

[email protected]

Just so you all know................. Matts Vans above are sound.............. Very very good prices.............. and you can hire with or without driver................ Highly recommended.............. Keep up the good work Matt.

Anyone know how to contact this guy, I am supposed to be moving 800km by him on Tuesday and his mobile phone has gone dead plus the website is no longer available

If you are reading this Matt...ANSWER YOUR EMAILS, or at least have the balls to tell people whats going on

thanks for the info above. I need to rent a van with driver for about 4 hours from BKK (near Chidlom BTS) to Nonthaburi to deliver some goods for donation at a babies home. Please leave contact number here if you know of any. I dont mind putting the items on the seats as actually its not that many items. BTW, would anybody know if i can take a cab to nonthaburi? I dont live in BKK but coming from overseas. thanks