Applying For Non Immigrant-o Visa In Vientiane

There doesn't seem to be too many posters on here in my situation, but I'd like to put out some questions hoping someone has answers.

Next week I'm heading up to Vientiane with the goal of scoring a Non-Immigrant-O visa for my Filipino wife so she can get a retirement extension as my dependent spouse.

I don't have a loaded bank account in Thailand as I'm using the income method for retirement. All I have is a statutory declaration from the Australian Embassy. It was enough to get my retirement extension at the Chonburi Immigration Office a few months ago, but will it be enough for the Consulate in Vientiane? Will they require me to show funds in a Thai bank account proving I can support her? Will they need to see proof of my retirement income? I want to make sure I'm going there armed with everything I need.

Any feedback on this would be gratefully appreciated.

I was in Vientienne last week and they were sticking right to the letter of the law for what documents are required.

The girls behind the counter where you file your documents had the document requirements checklists printed out and made a check mark for each document you submitted and you needed to have them all.

If you were short a document, they rejected the application

My advice is to call or have someone call directly to the Laos Embassy for the current requirements list before you get over and waste your time

All the heresay floating around won't help you if you do not have everything they require

There should not be a problem. The requirement is a copy of your passport with the extension of stay entry. She should not require any financial (except perhaps the normal 20k of any such visa issue) and you should not have to show any financial - she is your dependent and you have already satisfied Immigration.