Problems I Am Encountering

elektrified

I know there has just been an upgrade but am wondering if others have the same problems:

1. When I click on my user name at the top left of the forum, instead of seeing my profile I get: An Error Occurred

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

[#10245] You are not permitted to view member profiles.

I'm trying to find my posts but can't.

2. In the Thai visas, residency and work permits forum, when I click on page 2,3,4, etc. it only displays page 1 every time.

Update: No. 2 problem has been resolved.

Edited by elektrified

There are still a lot of Data Migration scripts running - we are converting *all* data for the last 8-9 years - this takes time and puts a lot of load on the database, please bear with us for a few days whilst we get all of this done and fix up the bugs/teething problems.

But please, continue to give us your feedback on the new forum, with your help to identify problems we can get everything smoothed out quicker :)

The emailed notifications of topic replies seem a bit better, for example they now include the name of the person who's replied to your thread. However, any quoted sections in the email are empty, I got this back from your reply:

webfact has just posted a reply to a topic that you have subscribed to titled "Problems I Am Encountering".

----------------------------------------------------------------------

------------ QUOTE ----------

>

-----------------------------

that will disappear as soon as data conversion has been finalized. It might take a few hours.

Another very minor point, it would be good to have numbers formatted with thousand separators in, e.g. total posts, members, etc.

Overall, though, a vast improvement in my opinion, as the old design was starting to look very dated.

Will the main site, i.e. www.thaivisa.com, get updated also?