What To Use Arround The House?

Gentleman,

our Land arround the house is still sinking after 1 1/2 years. Now we have some huge holes in the garden and we would like to fill them up again. What is the best material to use? I doubt its sand, since it will be goone as fast as we poor it there. Someone told me that our moban has used 'Din-niau'. But this seems not the correct stuff as well. Any recomendations on what to use?

Din-naiu means clay/soil. I've tried clay/soil, gravel, and sand in filling little sink holes/low stops that developed around my house. The home is a little under 2 years old. Clay/soil has worked the best; however, even with clay/soil/dirt the sink hole/sinking spot will reappear if you have a water issues causing the soil a few inches/few feet down to sink/be drained away, like roof/drain pipe drainage being focused to a certain area. Heck, even concrete would sink if the support underneath weakens/is washed away. In my particular cases, it seems that I had to repeat filling in the small sinking spot a couple of times as they would "somewhat" reappear before they stopped/greatly slowed down. And be sure to tamp down the area that is sinking where you put the filler material...but don't mash it super hard near the top few inches so grass/plants can still grow. I expect to see land settling for 2 to 3 years.