Options For Mobile Internet

Do true have an unlimited pay monthly wifi package in Bangkok for non-existing customers?

There websites isn't too clear on this?

Thanks.

Wifi or 3G mobile Internet? PrePaid or PostPaid? You aren't too clear on this. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to give my 50 cent. In the beginning of June I sat on a bus going to Laos. I connected my simple Nokia c6730 to my laptop with usb cable and dialed up "Internet" over GPRS EDGE, then I connected a VPN tunnel to a server i Europe, connected RDP to the server and made some changes to a database. OK, it wasn't fast but no problems to use! I use this a lot when I travel around in Thailand. I use pre-paid subscriptions from 12Call, just enter a simple service command in the phone and they take 999B for unlimited access for one month. I think it works great!

Edited by bekken

Update.

Arrived in Thailand yessterday, went to Pantip and looked around. I was told my choice of dongle was very limited because I have Windows 7 64 bit. Got this advice from nearly every shop I went to. The one recommended (in fact the only one) was a "DTech 3G HSDPA" which works with GPRS/EDGE and 3G - around 1900B. Being somewhat skeptical by nature i shopped around a bit and found other shops that said the cheaper/other models will also work, so I asked them to prove it, with my laptop - after an hour a one shop, they admitted defeat having tried countless dongles. This was with an AIS/12Call Sim (no 3G where I am going to stay first). Tried another shop that also said the cheaper one would work - also without success.

Finally went back to the very first shop I went to and asked them to set up the 1900B model. Worked first time with the AIS sim. Tried removing, rebooting, hibernating etc. All OK so I paid and left. Half an hour later I try to use it in a cafe - device not recognized !!! Played around with it for a long time with no joy - went back to Pantip. Sales girl couldn't get it to work, so she took it to their technical guy, who also couldn't get it to work - changed the dongle, changed the Sim - nothing worked. So I left it with them for an hour - came back, and it was working. Explanation: "Don't know why it wouldn't work, but I installed the drivers manually and now it works". Been working OK since then.

Fingers crossed !

This one? 37043450.jpg Price is 1740 baht.

Doesn't seem to have 3G in it's specification. Only EDGE and possibly a WiFi network adaptor.

Product DTECH 3G (VNB231).

Product category Aircard.

: Code name of the product VNB231.

: High-speed internet connection.

: Standard IEEE 802.11b / g.

: You can use the telephone.

: Can you send SMS just like mobile phones.

: No suitable space signal internet.

: Linked signal systems faster than GPRS.

: Maximum download speed 460 Kbps.

: The maximum upload speed 230 Kbps.

: Transfer system, AIS / Dtac / True / Move).

: Connect the USB 2.0.

: Last updated 18 Min. Â 2553.

: Price subject to change.

• 2 weeks later...