Blackberry Bold 9700

ashacat

Hi,

It would cost you around 14500-15000.

Cheers

OK thank you. Do you happen to know how much the Curve 8900 and 8520 models go for?

Thanks again.

Edited by ashacat

Don't get a curve, you'll regret it. It is worth the extra baht for 3G service and BB service in Thailand is the same price no matter which model you buy (No discount for using only EDGE) If you're gonna pay for 3G service, you might as well use it. The bold 9700 is lightning fast compared to the curve. Just be sure to choose the right bold model before you buy. If you use AIS, you can use the T-mobile model. (You should be able to get this model for cheaper), if you use Truemove - you need to get the AT&T model in order to use 3G service.

I didn't realise that I am able to use 3G here in Thailand?

I use the BB service via AIS now and have the BB storm handset (which I bought from MBK). When I visited the UK on hols recently it worked on 3G but in Thailand I only ever get EDGE.

Thailand doesn't really have a real 3G network yet. They have some very local tests, but mostly they are on weird frequenties that aren't being used in Europe. So while I enjoyed 7.2Mbit internet 2 years ago in Europe. I'm limited to EDGE here. From what I've read a few months back it's also not likely that real widespread 3G will ever happen in Thailand as everything is going so slowly that most operaters will likely just wait for 4G and try to bet on that one, rather then spending billions of baht to outroll something that will soon be outdated.

After typing, realised Im completely offtopic, but gonna post anyway even tho not about BB.

So, I've done a bit of research.... It seems that AIS does have some 3G capability, but only in Chiang Mai and part of Chonburi - not much use for me here in BKK. Their site says that their 3G in those areas is at 900MHz. I assume T-Mobile use this frequency too thus why DTrain suggested that I get this version for an AIS sim?...

Any it seems a bit irrelevant if I can't get 3g here in BKK. Therefore I might as well just get one of the cheaper models i.e. the Tour, 8520 or Curve 8900, so if anyone knows where I can get one of these for a good price and how much I would be grateful.

Cheers.