Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Forum Portal

Rags

I have only just got around to checking out the forum portal page, and it seems like a great idea. I used to keep alternating between the "view new posts" screen and "mark all forums as read" but this should save a lot of unnecessary clicking...!!

Unfortunately whilst the "latest topic replies" window is quite happily scrolling away on my PC, it doesn't appear to actually update!

I watched the same replies go past for quite a while on the forum portal, and then opened a separate "view new posts" window, only to find that half of the topics had in fact received a more recent response over 15 minutes beforehand. Is there a delay in updating the scrolling forum portal view, or is it likely to be a setting on my PC (IE6 on XP)...?

Is there a delay in updating the scrolling forum portal view, or is it likely to be a setting on my PC (IE6 on XP)...?

Rags,

The scrolling latest topics replies window is not dynamic... you must refresh your entire portal window to get a refreshed topics replies window.

Cheers.

:o

Thanks Jai Dee - that would explain it :D

Shame though, the idea of a real-time scrolling list of new replies was the aspect that initially drew me to the forum portal. Maybe that is one for the TV wish list.... :o

Rags