Unidentified Creature.

billythefish

Did anyone see the Thai News today on Channel 3? about 6.30 am they carried this story about some UNKNOWN CREATURE discovered in Thailand - it actually looked like a Chihuahua - or some sort of Mexican Hairless dog - it was placed (DEAD) in an orange Bhuddha Bucket, and the locals were busy - as usual worshipping it!

It was being blessed at the time by monks - anyone see this or have info? It looked like a expletive deleted Eeewok or a Gremlin.

Edited by Crossy
discussion of moderation deleted

There was a bit in the Thairath about it with a pic. It took place in Nong Bua Lamphu province in Isaan.

When reporters first went to investigate there was a crowd of about 100 villagers wai-ing and making offerings to it of flowers, candles and joss sticks in the hope some luck may be returned to them in the lottery.

Apparently it was found by Mrs Chaweewan Atsuwan during a heavy storm when she heard something fall on her roof. On going outside she discovered the animal still alive, but it died shortly afterwards and she called in a monk to bless it.

It's described as looking like a bat but with no hair or wings, about the size of a cat, large ears, sharp fangs, four legs and claws. One animal expert thinks it might be a small dog though.

She plans to pickle it in a bottle to keep it for her grandchildren to see.

www.thairath.co.th/content/region/88023

I still remember the day, many moons ago that the TV was on.

My GF at the time (now my ex) was watching the news about some fantastic new pig/dog creature with a fiery temperament and verocious appetite. The press were out, the monks where out and maybe even a couple local officials to see this magical new creature.

I solved the conundrum for the entire nation simply by saying "It's just a <deleted> badger", and a (European) badger it was. Granted it should not have been found in Thailand but still a fairly common beast nonetheless.

You'd have thought that the press might have learned to do a little research by now but alas, this Is Thailand.

Edited by Moonrakers

Although I’m no expert or claim to be, it doesn’t take a genius to guess that this is obviously a dog or a cat, more likely a cat judging by it`s front paws, suffering from a severe form of mange or similar disease.

I’ve seen several soi cats and dogs in my area that have exactly the same appearance.

Looking at the pain portrayed on this poor unfortunate animals face, it appears to have died in agony from some sort of poisoning.

Anyway the lady in question will have a great story to keep her grandchildren entertained over the next coming years.

post-96287-034782600 1276036116_thumb.jp

Edited by BigWheelMan

Its a dog, simple as that.

In Nong bua district there are all sorts of strange looking dogs walking around. One with ears too big for their head or bodies 10 inchs too long.

Its because they are left to run around and bang any mutt in sight. I have yet to see a great dane crossed with a chihuahua but it has probably happened in issan.ohmy.gif

='basjke' date='2010-06-09 06:43' timestamp='1276040626' post='36747='angiud' date='2010-06-09 04:28' timestamp='1276032490' post='3674680']

2PussInHoodR_468x551.jpg

Seeing the pic in Thairat, that poor animal seems to me a cat.

I have seen it's father or mother umpteen times in walking street pattaya and to make it more mysterious his parent is green.

Seems to be a little confusion here between hair-less pussies and hair-less cats , which this appears tp be .

This one?

strange-creature-found-01.jpg

Click here

That one's easy.

It's a pokemon.

Saw that photo last year - it is definately an Eeewok - probably landed it's craft here by mistake and found it couldn't breathe in the STENCH it found.

The guy with the goatie could be its father though!

Edited by billythefish

'3rsv4sup' date='2010-06-10 18:13' timestamp='1276168407' post='3678244']

...and one of the winning numbers of the next lottery will be 5...nothing surer.....2 toes on the left...tail in the middle...two toes on the right...2=1=2 =5

Problem with your math old chap ?

Simple country folk surrounding it by the looks of things. Its some aborted animal I expect and aborted for good reason although have you ever seen a human whose been dead in the water for a few days??? all bloated and unrecognisable.

Nothing alien about it.

I see they have a bottle of talcum powder in that photo (blue bottle). Presumably that's to rub on the poor creature's tummy so that the lottery lucky numbers stand out.

Off-topic, but a great crac. When I stayed with my less-than-sane ex in Phuket, there were many very large toads that would inhabit the garden at night. She and her family members would collect these poor creatures and rub talc on their tummies, so that the dark/light mottling on their tummies would be better defined, so that they could identify lucky lottery numbers from these markings.

As I walked around the hotel gardens at night, if I found a toad, I used to write various numbers on the tummies of these toads, using an indelible marker pen, but writing very faintly. I almost wet myself every time that I heard her and her family members whooping with joy when they espied these numbers.

And no - they never won on the toad lottery...

Simon

This one?

strange-creature-found-01.jpg

Click here

A load of old, bullocks.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!! The cloven-hoofed beast has arrived, just like the prophecy said!

Quick, let's worship him before he gets mad and destroys the world! And send send some money to Pat Robertson.

The initial photos on this thread were rather misleading , they were of a hairless cat , looking at this latest posted photo , the head appears almost human , as is the umbilical cord , the cloven hooves add the mysterious part . A little experimenting in the barn during a lonely evening ? Flashing lights and rolls of thunder , the howling of wolves from distant hills and the corresponding barking of the local dog population , yes for sure , a mystery of an inhuman subject , imposed upon the skeptical local populace in the depth of the night ?????????????????????????

I see they have a bottle of talcum powder in that photo (blue bottle).  Presumably that's to rub on the poor creature's tummy so that the lottery lucky numbers stand out.

Off-topic, but a great crac.  When I stayed with my less-than-sane ex in Phuket, there were many very large toads that would inhabit the garden at night.  She and her family members would collect these poor creatures and rub talc on their tummies, so that the dark/light mottling on their tummies would be better defined, so that they could identify lucky lottery numbers from these markings.

As I walked around the hotel gardens at night, if I found a toad, I used to write various numbers on the tummies of these toads, using an indelible marker pen, but writing very faintly.  I almost wet myself every time that I heard her and her family members whooping with joy when they espied these numbers.

And no - they never won on the toad lottery...

Simon

Spewed Pepsi max out of my nose when I read that!   :)

In a way, it's quite good the poor little thing didn't survive.

Yeah I bet that Panda wished it was dead!!

Thanks Simon funny story, funny in 2 ways 1 you did it and 2 they are dumb enough to believe it :)