“Fohn Pii Muang” Traditional Spirit Trance-Dance Of Lanna

citylife

"Fohn Pii Muang" Traditional Spirit Trance-Dance of Lanna

12 - 13 June

Three Kings Monument

An auspicious occasion paying homage and honoring the guardian spirits of Chiang Mai. This rare event is organized by the Thai Art Department, Faculty of Fine Arts of Chiang Mai University with the support of Tourism Authority of Thailand, Chiangmai Municipality, and local communities of Northern Thailand. The event will take place at Chiang Mai Municipal Museum (behind Three Kings Monument) on Saturday June 12, 2010 in the afternoon and all day long Sunday 13th.

Edited by citylife

I came past the 3 Kings around 6 weeks ago and I believe the same ceremony was taking place. The one I saw had lots of 'mediums' dancing to traditional music with many going into trances. They wore colourful clothes and hats that were sort of wraps. It was quite surreal but very enjoyable.

"Fohn Pii Muang" Traditional Spirit Trance-Dance of Lanna

12 - 13 June

Three Kings Monument

An auspicious occasion paying homage and honoring the guardian spirits of Chiang Mai. This rare event is organized by the Thai Art Department, Faculty of Fine Arts of Chiang Mai University with the support of Tourism Authority of Thailand, Chiangmai Municipality, and local communities of Northern Thailand. The event will take place at Chiang Mai Municipal Museum (behind Three Kings Monument) on Saturday June 12, 2010 in the afternoon and all day long Sunday 13th.