New High-Powered Lights And Security Cameras On Pattaya Beach

Rimmer

New High-powered lights and security cameras on Pattaya Beach

PATTAYA: -- On Tuesday Night on Pattaya Beach, Khun Itipon, the Mayor of Pattaya hosted an opening ceremony for new high-powered halogen lights which have been erected along the entire stretch of Pattaya Beach. In addition, the Security Cameras have been upgraded and new camera towers have been installed. In all, 38 light towers have been installed and there are a total of 290 security cameras located along the beach. Observation posts have also been installed along the beach which will be used by lifeguards during the day.

Full story with pictures HERE

gallery_327_1086_7880.png

2010-06-09

Pathetic. This security camera scam has been running for years. Some idiots install them, they are useless, low-resolution, don't work, are obscured by trees. Many crimes occur, proving the uselesness of the cameras as the plod slowly realise they don't work. Then a couple of years later there is another upgrade.

They didn't help me tonight being hassled, rather threateningly I thought, by some particularly nasty looking blokes right outside Royal Garden, and also on the Beach side of the road, as they importunted me to purchase illegal narcotic substances.

Why don't the police just do their jobs properly? All kinds of drugs are being dealt under their, er, noses.

But we all know the answer to that, and it's not just "unprofessional" "lazy" or "incompetent".