Aua Reading And Writing Publications

Briggsy

A few years ago, I bought from the Ratchadamri AUA bookshop 2 books entitled AUA Language Center Thai Course Reading and Writing, Text and Workbook respectively.

'Text' has a red cover and 'Workbook' has a black cover. They were written by a J. Marvin Brown in 1979. The course has 60 units and the two books correspond precisely with each other. I found them extremely useful.

Recently, I visited AUA Pattaya branch and was surprised to discover that they not only do not sell these books but they had never seen them before. They had some books they had made themselves for their Thai course. These were nowhere near as useful.

So, my question is:- If I would like to get hold of new copies of these books, where do they still them? AUA Ratchadamri? Anywhere near Sri Racha?

Can anyone help?

Last time I was there, just before the riots, all the books were still available. Go to the Book Store on the ground floor of the main AUA branch on Ratchadamri.

Their main number is 02-252-8170, call them and ask for the book store to check if they're still in stock.

Edited by tod-daniels

Although no longer the most politically correct methodology for teaching a foreign language, I am one of the older generation who was successfully taught Thai using Brown's AUA course. And someday I will find Nick's restaurant. :)