Driving From Songkhla To Pattaya

I'm not sure you've got the distance or the maths right.... 638 km @ 60kph is 10+ hours?

i've driven several times to Samui from Chonburi (Pattaya's Changwat) and I seem to remember that the distance to Suratthani was about that. This is north on Sonkhla by about 200 km.

Anyway I usually take an overnight stop about 2/3 of the way. That allows about 6 hours one day and about 3 the next.

The roads are good and not too crowded - except for public holidays.

BTW - make sure you take the recently opened route 9 bridge to cross over the river - you miss out a huge chunk of Bkk and save about half an hour to an hour's driving.

Edited by Deeral

You most likely have miles and kilometers mixed up. Songkhla to Pattaya is about 1,000 Km not 600 Km.

We've done the trip a few times in about 12 - 14 hours. If you plan on 60 Km/h average, then it will take you close to 17 hours.

If you want to break the drive up in to two days. Halfway mark is around Chumphon, another option would be Hua Hin, which is about 70% of the total distance.

I have driven Songkhla to Hua Hin more times than I care to remember......If you average in the 110-120 km/hr range and only stop for fuel and pee breaks, it is exactly 8 hours. Another 2.5 to 3 hours to Bangkok.......

Edited by CDNinKS

I have driven Songkhla to Hua Hin more times than I care to remember......If you average in the 110-120 km/hr range and only stop for fuel and pee breaks, it is exactly 8 hours. Another 2.5 to 3 hours to Bangkok.......

Thank you, yes, I had the miles and the KM's mixed up but then I am blonde!!! says it all. Thanks for all your help. This gives us a good idea. Many thanks

Songkhla - Pattaya is something like 1,100 km but the roads are good. I would not expect that to take less than 14 hours. I often drive BKK - Phuket (930 km), that takes 11 to 12 hours driving at 110 km/h.

Songkhla - Pattaya is a Long Ride :) I suggest increasing spped to 140 km/h where the road is good at times when traffic is low

Edited by MikeyIdea

Songkhla - Pattaya is something like 1,100 km but the roads are good. I would not expect that to take less than 14 hours. I often drive BKK - Phuket (930 km), that takes 11 to 12 hours driving at 110 km/h.

Songkhla - Pattaya is a Long Ride :) I suggest increasing spped to 140 km/h where the road is good at times when traffic is low

Thank you, I got my miles and Km's mixed up. Typical woman eh????

Setting off early. Dogs and cats on board. hence this form of travel. Air travel too stressful!!!