English Language World Cup In San Sai

mallmagician

Hi,

As this isn't really in town as the other thread seems to be geared towards, I thought I'd mention this place here.

I just helped my local bar set up a VPN, and they will be having the BBC Radio 5 Live commentary with their HD World Cup on their Big Screen.

See my post in the other thread if interested. (Post 297 on page 12 of the Bars to watch the World Cup in English thread).

I'll say it again here, Im not affiliated at all, just helped them set it up, and I for one am excited to watch in English after last nights disappointments.

I start this other thread as this is not in the city, and I think warrants a seperate thread for us out of towners.

If mods disagree, you may of course remove. :)

Thanks

phil

I did the same yesterday. Most of the time the commentary was ahead of the HD broadcast and therefore you knew what happened before you saw it (just by the tone of voice of the commentator). When it buffered...it got several seconds behind...

The no-commentary option on HD was equally bad. All moronic horns blowing and no real atmosphere to speak of (ala chants/songs/humour).

I may actually give the Thai commentary a try tonight. At least it should be in sync...

I did the same yesterday. Most of the time the commentary was ahead of the HD broadcast and therefore you knew what happened before you saw it (just by the tone of voice of the commentator). When it buffered...it got several seconds behind...

The no-commentary option on HD was equally bad. All moronic horns blowing and no real atmosphere to speak of (ala chants/songs/humour).

I may actually give the Thai commentary a try tonight. At least it should be in sync...

The Thai commentary is awful, even if you understand Thai.

It's just who is passing to whom and the language doesn't lend itself to 'passion.

The commentators are not at the stadium and it's so false, plus they have very little knowledge to fill in the time when play stops etc.

It's just who is passing to whom and the language doesn't lend itself to 'passion.

The commentators are not at the stadium and it's so false, plus they have very little knowledge to fill in the time when play stops etc.

you can get a passionate "oohooo" from them cool.gif

Last night I watched the matches at home...I watched Thai TV, I then connected to my Slingbox in the UK onto '5 Live Sport' radio, a lead from laptop to Hi Fi system...hey presto....perfect picture and UK commentary with literally just a second at most delay.

Last night I watched the matches at home...I watched Thai TV, I then connected to my Slingbox in the UK onto '5 Live Sport' radio, a lead from laptop to Hi Fi system...hey presto....perfect picture and UK commentary with literally just a second at most delay.

How I love this website.

I have never heard of a slingbox, but they sound like something I should seriously consider buying.

Can you tell me what they are, how they work, and where I can buy one please?

Kind of like watching the moves years ago. Lips move but no sound or lips closed and then sound. No thanks

Kind of like watching the moves years ago. Lips move but no sound or lips closed and then sound. No thanks

I did say a maximum of 1 sec, 99% of the time it was sync'd perfectly and there was NO delay at all!....maybe I was just lucky that the feeds were arriving at exactly the same time! No worries, stick your Thai commentary.

How I love this website.

I have never heard of a slingbox, but they sound like something I should seriously consider buying.

Can you tell me what they are, how they work, and where I can buy one please?

Check out http://www.slingbox.com/

I rather get a passionate"oohooo" from................

I can't see the point especially going out of the way to get English commentary, Watching it with Thai commentary is an op to have an extra Thai lesson & not having to listen to Clive Tisley is a bonus if anything tongue.gif

I rather get a passionate"oohooo" from................

whoooooooo? biggrin.gif

I can't see the point especially going out of the way to get English commentary, Watching it with Thai commentary is an op to have an extra Thai lesson & not having to listen to Clive Tisley is a bonus if anything tongue.gif

I'd rather sip castor oil during the game, than listen to the Thai commentary.