England 1 Usa 1

octavedave

England played well, so did the USA. It was a good match. Both teams have a good chance.

Seriously?

England were incredibly poor, gave away sloppy possession time after time, created very little and looked shaky in defense when faced with any pace.

USA were solid enough most of the game bar the odd mistake or two but were disappointing in attack.

Disappointing game overall, South Korea vs Greece was a far better game.

:D

I saw an interview on the commentary afterwards where the U.S. team manager practically admitted he was glad to get a draw from the match. For the U.S. team, meeting England in their first game was always a problem. So they were happy with the draw...and now they can concentrate on the rest of the games with more confidence.

England had higher expectations. I think they really expected to defeat the U.S. in their first game. So a draw is a disapointment for them. It's all based upon what your expectations were at the time.

For neither side is it 'over" however. They could both advance from their group.

Just think if somehow England and the U.S do both go on to the higher levels. They will have to meet again, won't they? Now that would be a match.

From what I saw in the commentary, South Korea may be the new "Cinderella" team of this world cup. True, Greece looked pathetic, but the South Koreans dominated that match. There are a lot of dissapointed Greeks here in Crete tonight.

:)

Edited by IMA_FARANG

Just think if somehow England and the U.S do both go on to the higher levels. They will have to meet again, won't they? Now that would be a match.

If both qualified from the group they couldn't meet each other again until the final, the chance of which happening is practically non-existent.

A little off topic (sorry) but where is a good place on the tinternet to watch the repeat games.

1.30 am is way past my bedtime especially on a school night.

I haven't seen the match but am quite use to seeing England play crap football even with good playerssad.gif. Oh and well done USA as most thought England would find it a walk in the park.

Well done Ing-ER-land.

Deliberately doing as little as possible in order not to lose and to keep something in reserve for the big games later. All part of Fabio's masterplan to lull Johnny Foreigner into a false sense of security no doubt.

Now all we have to do is avoid Brazil, Argentina, Spain, Italy, Germany and Netherlands and cheating referees in the knock out stages and the cup is ours.

Well done Ing-ER-land.

Deliberately doing as little as possible in order not to lose and to keep something in reserve for the big games later. All part of Fabio's masterplan to lull Johnny Foreigner into a false sense of security no doubt.

Now all we have to do is avoid Brazil, Argentina, Spain, Italy, Germany and Netherlands and cheating referees in the knock out stages and the cup is ours.

Add avoiding penalty shoot outs to that list.

On a Wolves related forum, I replied to the question who would you like to see come to our club from the WC, that any of the Korean squad looked like they would add value.

After watching England, I stand by that. I would take any one of the Koreans for their energy, technical ability and pride in their shirt above our lot of wasters :)

The thing that disappointed me was that there was no urgency at the end.

With 5 minutes left and score a 1 - 1 they were knocking around 6 or 7 passes across the backline...but when you look at the players such as Terry, Gerrard, Lampard etc.. can you imagine them doing this is Chelsea/Liverpool were in the same situation?

No they would be picking up the ball and immediately pushing forward, why does it all change when they pull on an England shirt?

As for the US goal...i'm starting to think the England keeper shirt is cursed or something. Surely we must hold the record for costly goalkeeping cock ups?

I thought our defense was pretty strong though. They only really had one chance which was saved onto the post. Except for Carragher he looks woefully out of pace, i really hope Capello uses Dawson next time.

For the record, an excerpt from today's Yahoo Sports:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Immediately scrutiny turned to the official World Cup ball, the Adidas Jabulani, which has been heavily criticized by countless goalkeepers at the tournament.

The ball, which Adidas claims is made with unprecedented technology and is the most accurate ever, has been seen to swerve wildly on long-range shots.

USA’s reserve keeper Marcus Hahnemann revealed how he had instructed his teammates to fire away with shots whenever possible, as the ball would mean that making even routine saves was far more difficult than normal.

“I have been saying it all week,” said Hahnemann. “I’ve told the guys to just shoot away because you never know what that thing is going to do. It is crazy. We are going to see some goalkeepers letting in goals that they would never normally concede. That one tonight moved all over the place and it is not entirely his fault.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

one thing i have been impressed with so far and i know it is early days but the ref and lines men have made some accurate calls, so far i have been impressed by their performance on the pitch which is a little more than i can say about the England performance.

England had a lot of chances more so than the USA ,could have easily been 2-1 or 3-2.

one thing i have been impressed with so far and i know it is early days but the ref and lines men have made some accurate calls, so far i have been impressed by their performance on the pitch which is a little more than i can say about the England performance.

England had a lot of chances more so than the USA ,could have easily been 2-1 or 3-2.

Bar the help of a goal post England could also have lost :)

Bar the help of a goal post England could also have lost :)

your right, may be the ref should have taken a tougher line and sent the goal post off for obstruction :D