Rubber Prices Highest In 5 Years

If appears that tose of us who have persisted with rubber tree plantations are being rewarded. I was just doing my usual "What on with Commodities" skate around the net and found this link.

§Ò¹¹ÓàÊ¹Í PowerPoint

Personally I got scared off with the 2008 slump. But, and pardon the pun, it seems rubber has indeed BOUNCED back.

Isaanaussie

Lets hope that the price remains high, as I have put alot into rubber over the last 7 years and am now starting to see a return.If all continues and prices remain stable I will not have to go back to OZ to earn money anymor.Just have to keep my fingers crossed. Jim

Lets hope that the price remains high, as I have put alot into rubber over the last 7 years and am now starting to see a return.If all continues and prices remain stable I will not have to go back to OZ to earn money anymor.Just have to keep my fingers crossed. Jim

JC,

I hope the prices do in fact give you something back. I can remember following the photos you posted a year or so ago of your setup and thinking that effort should be rewarded. I too hope this Jing Joe doesnt end up hopping back to greener pastures, it gets close at times, I sympathise but admire your tenacity.

IA

JC,

I hope the prices do in fact give you something back. I can remember following the photos you posted a year or so ago of your setup and thinking that effort should be rewarded. I too hope this Jing Joe doesnt end up hopping back to greener pastures, it gets close at times, I sympathise but admire your tenacity.

IA

Thanks IA

All life is a gamble, and you have to take a chance every now and then. If China keeps going I can't see how rubber will not be a winner for many years to come, but who really knows what tomorrow will bring. As the Thais say live in the moment. Jim PS are you in the Ubon area, if so we could meet up for a beer next time I'm in town.

JC,

IA

Thanks IA

All life is a gamble, and you have to take a chance every now and then. If China keeps going I can't see how rubber will not be a winner for many years to come, but who really knows what tomorrow will bring. As the Thais say live in the moment. Jim PS are you in the Ubon area, if so we could meet up for a beer next time I'm in town.

Close enough, 45 Km south of Sisaket. Name the time and place

IA

When the trees are 50cm in circumference you can start to tap the trees.This is usually achieved when the trees are between 6-7 years old( if the trees have been reared properly). There is no real benefit in leaving the trees untapped until 10 years old, unless they have not reached the desired girth yet.

Tapping the trees to early can reduce the working life of the tree.

IMHO Mosha, you'll just be throwing money away by not tapping the trees when they are ready to be tapped.

Cheers,

Chang35baht.

Sorry. just re-read your post Mosha. Your already tapping some of your trees.So you probably know the above info already.

Edited by chang35baht