Pattaya Tour Company Scam Uncovered By Angry Foreign Customers

Rimmer

This is why I always book my tickets directly with the airlines.

That's a wise move.

Booking to directly to airlines is cheaper too as nowadays they don't provide discount to travel agent.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

n arrest warrant for Khun Sutirar is being prepared and is expected to be issued on 18th June

Just to give Khun Sutirar the time to make the money and himself disappear.

Legal and police system without hope.

that's pretty amazing that it takes 4 days to prepare an arrest warrant! and advertising the fact to boot, amazing Thailand indeed

At least the police are better than in the UK, where they don't bother turning up at all if you you report a crime.

the thai police didnt turn up for them either, they had to go to the thai police, duh

This is why I always book my tickets directly with the airlines.

That's being a bit paranoid isn't it?

(nope!) its safer and usually cheaper to book direct with an airline,cut out the middle man,

This is terrible. Its a common scam. My friend lost the prices of 2 tickets to England 4 years ago from another travel Agent in Chiang Mai. The Police where not interested. But threatened to arrest my friend if he caused a breach of the peace.

Another example that ripping people off in this country is fine but don't complain its not polite.

Exactly the same happened to me last year. It was Mau Tours in Chiang Mai. I had to buy a new and very expensive ticket at the airport in Europe to get back (I stayed all day at the airport to find a solution). Apparently, she canceled the return when I left for Europe and payed the carrier for a one-way only. I had a proof of payment and e-ticket (for a return flight) but Ethihad refused to give me a seat. They closed the check-in in front of me and told me I had to find a solution by my own. Ethihad did do nothing at all to help or give some advice. NOTHING at all. They even not gave me the opportunity to make a call.

I went to the police (a low policeman first and later to the highest ranked in CM) and , knowing they had hundreds of similar cases, they did do nothing at all. It was a feeling of protecting Mau Tours and being aggressive to me!

Very expensive lesson but also very frustrating as I know for sure, after me, more farangs got scammed the same way and by the very same lady.

TIT

Did you not go back to IATA or whatever the airlines common representantive is called? I believe (not 100% sure) that if you have confirmation of payment from the airline and an e-ticket (which you won't get unless your money is transferred) the airline has no right to deny you. If questions, they must take it up with the travel agent.