Thai Rak Thai Mp Jumps From Bangkok Condo

george

Thai ruling party MP dies in apparent fall from Bangkok condominium

BANGKOK: -- A lawmaker from Thailand's ruling party died Wednesday after apparently falling from his 10th floor condominium in Bangkok, police said.

The body of Attapol Sanitwongchai, a 39-year-old member of Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra's Thai Rak Thai party, was found on the ground outside the Lamerzon condominiums, said police Lt. Col. Sompatara Thongkomol.

Police are investigating whether Attapol - an MP from northeastern Udon Thani province - jumped or was pushed from the condominium, he said.

The lawmaker had quarreled with his mistress in the condominium before apparently plunging to his death, police said.

The ruling Thai Rak Thai, or Thais Love Thais, party was re-elected by a landslide earlier this year and controls 377 out of the 500 seats in Thailand's lower house.

--AP 2005-06-22

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll be very interesting to see how the police justify this one. After all the TRT would'nt want it to appear as though there is unrest in the perfect party. Got to go down as murder and some poor shlum will go down for it. Expect a very quick conclusion to this case.

Hhhhm falls from a balcony. Thai's are well known for their copycat techniques but this is rediculous :o:D

T.

The lawmaker had quarreled with his mistress in the condominium

The ruling Thai Rak Thai, or Thais Love Thais, party

Not satisfied with his only his wife as a voter, he was just spreading that Thais Love Thais logo a bit further...

Thaksin said to do anything to win more votes and he just took their logo literally...

:o:D

In an admittedly sad update to this story, television news tonight reported the mistress of the politician, upon returning to the condo today, jumped from the same balcony as her lover. She survived but is in very critical condition. They also said the politician jumped because the mistress was going to end the relationship.

Police are investigating whether Attapol - an MP from northeastern Udon Thani province - jumped or was pushed from the condominium, he said.

--AP 2005-06-22

Strange isn`t it.

When a farang is found dead at the bottom of a condo, or even inside a condo with his hands tied behind his back...the Thai police say Suicide..

Now an important Thai found dead near his mistress`s condo could have been pushed.... Saving face for the party?......surely such an important man with the ear of the prime minister would never contemplate suicide....would he?... :o

Further update reports that the mistress has died in hospital from her injuries. :o

pic-20050622-2221.jpg

Wassana Sunee and Thai Rak Thai MP Attaphol Sanitwongchai die after their seeming double suicides by jumping from the 10th floor of a Bangkok condominium.The woman jumped off her room after being questioned by police, after the Udon Thani MP plunged to his death yesterday early morning.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The photos ARE undated, but it certainly appears that the mistress was a victim of abuse.

--AP 2005-06-22

Strange isn`t it.

When a farang is found dead at the bottom of a condo, or even inside a condo with his hands tied behind his back...the Thai police say Suicide..

Now an important Thai found dead near his mistress`s condo could have been pushed....

No so strange.

For important people, the public wants to know why.

:o

--AP 2005-06-22

Strange isn`t it.

Now an important Thai found dead near his mistress`s condo could have been pushed....

No so strange.

For important people, the public wants to know why.

Guilt and remorse for beating up his girlfriend who had had enough of the abuse and was going to end the relationship?.... certainly a plausible explanation as to why this so-called "important person" killed himself.

But then again, it is hard to believe that a philandering politician would ever have experience with such feelings as guilt and remorse so maybe we're back to square one with this case. Perhaps fear of prosecution for the abuse to come out publically??...

Hmmm... couldn't be that either. No TRT politician would ever need to be afraid of criminal proceedings....

--AP 2005-06-22

Strange isn`t it.

Now an important Thai found dead near his mistress`s condo could have been pushed.... Saving face for the party?......surely such an important man with the ear of the prime minister would never contemplate suicide....would he?... :o

Maybe he wanted to vote for someone else , in that Toxin speech . I urgded all TRT MP's to vote for so and so . Why would she jump if she wanted to end the relationship ? :D

Isn't all the Taksin bashing by the wingers and moaners getting a little old now ? Whenever any thread realted to the PM or his party is started all the name callers come out of the closet. All you lot ever do is talk,talk,talk, moan,moan moan, name call,throw petty insults around...... I dare someone.. be a man, have some spine and walk the talk ! Actions speak louder than words, unless words is all you have ? I mean seriously, question yourself, what is the point of barking on about what disgruntles you if there is to be no resolve ? It is no different to schollchildren writing witty insults on the toilet wall.

sriracha john,

You have even greater memory  :D

Txs for the link to recollect that memory  :o

You're welcome for the link, but my memory IS poor... it's simply that I can utilize the search function with the best of them... :D

I'm astounded whenever I recall something myself as having occured 6 months or so ago and upon searching find it was actually closer to 2 years... hahahaha

It was certainly one of Mr. T's more absurd suggestions and that's why I recalled it.

For Penelope, I feel I AM doing what I can. Talking with Thais and simply getting the word out, explaining things, and letting others know the truth are all good steps. I am certainly open to suggestions to do more. Any SPECIFIC ideas?

"Would that be La Maison by any chance?"

The Thai news telecast I saw showed a sign that said 'La Maison Mansion'.  An address marking showed '24 Phanon Yothin', if this might be another indicator of an address.

oh.... good, not where my parents live.... :D

Now I know there are at least three La Maisons in BKK. :o

Update:

MP not believed murdered

BANGKOK: -- Police today called for more time to investigate yesterday's death of MP Attaphol Sanitwongchai, but said that they were not yet convinced that it was a case of murder.

Mr. Attaphol, the ruling Thai Rak Thai MP for Thailand's northeastern Udon Thani Province, fell to his death from the 10th floor of a Bangkok apartment block in the early hours of yesterday morning, apparently after a heated argument with his girlfriend, who committed suicide yesterday evening.

Today Pol. Maj. Gen. Chatchawal Suksomchit, Deputy Commissioner of Metropolitan Police, said that the police would need to interview more witnesses and collect more forensic evidence before determining whether or not the MP had been murdered.

Stressing that enormous progress had already been made into investigating the case, he hinted that the verdict was likely to be one of accidental death, noting that the closed circuit TV photos from the apartment building had not revealed the presence of a third person at the time of the MP's death.

He also revealed that the argument between Mr. Attaphol and Miss Wassana Sunee had involved accusations that Miss Wassana had been having a relationship with the MP's chauffeur

--TNA 2005-06-23

He also revealed that the argument between Mr. Attaphol and Miss Wassana Sunee had involved accusations that Miss Wassana had been having a relationship with the MP's chauffeur

AHHHHHHH.... ok... much clearer picture now. We know why the photos of her in Post #10 of this thread show her face beaten up..

He failed in several areas so she sought solice with a co-worker. His pride takes over and he beats her up. Feels remorseful... (I'm accepting this time it's possible for him to feel that, because it's coming from him knowing deep inside that he's inadequate and then there's anger generated from that)... He turns that anger outward and beats her physically before turning that anger inwards and deciding it's best to end things permanently in the most extreme demonstration of anger against oneself: suicide.

Hers is easier to understand. She's feeling such guilt over her past actions with the co-worker and realizing that ultimately it resulted in the self-inflicted death of her benefactor (who in many ways she still respects). This guilt builds until returning to the condo with the police.... seeing the place where someone killed himself for her... and when the police turn their backs to leave, she goes to the balcony where only hours before her lover and friend had departed this life.... She's overwrought with grief and guilt and decides on the spur, it's best to try and join him once again and try to make up for her past misdeeds.

MP, mistress die in separate falls

Police investigation yet to uncover reasons for puzzling deaths

BANGKOK: -- Death visited the Bangkok apartment of Thai Rak Thai MP Attaphol Sanitwongchai twice yesterday in puzzling circumstances. First, the 38-year-old MP fell to his death from the 10th floor of the La Masion Condominium on Soi Phaholyothin 24 at about 3am. Later, in the evening, as authorities were still investigating his death, his 25-year-old girlfriend, Wassana Sunee, apparently jumped from the same apartment. She died later from her injuries in hospital.

Witnesses said Wassana had just returned to the condominium from police questioning about the politician’s death when Attaphol’s relatives, including his father, former deputy commerce minister Chalermphol Sanitwongchai, arrived to collect the dead man’s belongings.

After Chalermphol left at about 5pm, Wassana remained with the others, the witnesses said. Shortly afterwards, the young woman jumped from the condominium’s balcony.

Lt Colonel Thanakorn Konkaew, a deputy superintendent at Phaholyothin police station, said Wassana appeared tense while being questioned. He said the woman had not been charged over the death, adding that she was examined at the Institute of Forensic Medicine and was allowed to leave to return home after questioning. Police said witnesses had heard the couple fighting, shortly before the MP plunged to his death.

Phaholyothin police chief Colonel Warawuth Thaweechai-karn said he had not determined whether Attaphol intended to kill himself, adding that at the only place where he could have been standing before he fell there were no footprints.

He quoted Wassana as saying that she and Attaphol had an argument over her relationship with his chauffeur while driving back from dinner, and that Attaphol went up to the room alone after they arrived back at the condominium.

Guards at the condominium told police that Attaphol appeared drunk when he arrived home at about 1.30am with his girlfriend.

The officer said Wassana had stayed on the ground floor until Attaphol came down from the room to ask her to come up.

Wassana told police that the two quarrelled again after she returned to the room. She said she fled and hid in the bathroom after the MP slapped her hard across the face, causing her mouth to bleed and bruising her cheek.

Wassana added that she had hidden in the bathroom until the police had arrived. She then learnt of the MP’s death.

A police source said the MP apprently fell to his death after Wassana threatened to leave him following the spat.

Warawuth said video footage from a security camera showed no sign of intruders or the presence of anybody else. The officer said the room’s window, which is the only way to access the narrow balcony, is about one metre high. The balcony had an air conditioning compressor unit installed on it and an empty fish tank, which barely left any standing room, he said.

Chalermphol said he did not believe that his son had intentionally jumped because he had no problems in either his personal or professional affairs.

“I only want to know the truth about what happened, I don’t want to take any legal action against anyone,” Chalermphol said.

He described his son as a loving family man who often made phone calls to his daughter after work. Chalermphol said he did not know his son’s girlfriend.

The MP’s common-law wife and their three-year-old daughter live in Udon Thani.

Maj-General Wichit Samathiwat, commander of the Institute of Forensic Medicine, said an autopsy had showed high levels of alcohol in Attaphol’s blood but no other toxins.

Attapol represented Udon Thani’s constituency two. His father, now president of the Udon Thani provincial administrative organisation, was a veteran MP for the northeastern province before stepping aside to make way for his son.

Several Thai Rak Thai MPs said they did not believe Attaphol had been murdered and that the death was likely either suicide or an accident.

Torphong Chaiysarn, another Thai Rak Thai MP from Udon Thani, said he was sorry to lose his young colleague.

Torphong said Attaphol was a lively person and was well liked by fellow Thai Rak Thai MPs. He said he met Attaphol during the party meeting on Tuesday and was not aware that he had any personal problems.

Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, said he was sorry to hear of Attaphol’s death.

--The Nation 2005-06-23

Isn't all the Taksin bashing by the wingers and moaners getting a little old now ? Whenever any thread realted to the PM or his party is started all the name callers come out of the closet. All you lot ever do is talk,talk,talk, moan,moan moan, name call,throw petty insults around...... I dare someone.. be a man, have some spine and walk the talk ! Actions speak louder than words, unless words is all you have ? I mean seriously, question yourself, what is the point of barking on about what disgruntles you if there is to be no resolve ? It is no different to schollchildren writing witty insults on the toilet wall.

Exactly. All talk. No walk. And all because of less than friendly visa/immigration legislation that would exist whether or not Thaksin was in power.

...For Penelope, I feel I AM doing what I can. Talking with Thais and simply getting the word out, explaining things, and letting others know the truth are all good  steps. I am certainly open to suggestions to do more. Any SPECIFIC ideas?

Me too - I've finally convinced my g/f that just because Taksin is filthy rich, that does not mean he is incorruptible.