General World Cup Discussion Thread

sharecropper

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally think Capello should show up for the match dressed in a bozo the clown outfit. Would loosen up the lads for sure and probably distract the opposition.

JT: 'Can I be the ringmaster ...go on purleeeease?' :P

i do wish people would stop referring to him as 'JT'. nothing personal at you smokie, just mean the world at large. it makes him sound cuddly and likeable rather than the massive, massive cun_t he is.

i do wish people would stop referring to him as 'JT'. nothing personal at you smokie, just mean the world at large. it makes him sound cuddly and likeable rather than the massive, massive cun_t he is.

Sorry to offend but it feels like I'm swearing if I use his full name.... it marks out just how much of a cun_t he is even if England won the World Cup he would still be hated.

Agreed Cole should start ans i hope that JT's comments will not affect that.

Cheers, Rick

According to Talksport , 3 changes, Upson for Carragher, Milner for Lennon and Defoe for Heskey ;)

Capello hasn't played or brought J Cole on so far so why is he going to change now :annoyed: , especially now that Terry has put size his 11's in it.

It does leave interpretation open though

Jerk and Tosser come to mind

Little................................ Johnny Tnuc.....................Would have been taken round the back of the bike sheds by Charlton, Norman and Stiles and gently educated as to his responsibilities. I miss the old days.

Oh and by the way - the picture on the left is the Italian team!

Bettega, Antognoni, Causio, Scirea, Cabrini....

Well spotted....thought that looked like Dino Zoff!

So, how many others can we all name? I'll start with Tardelli and I think Gentile.

Front row, second from left - Paolo Rossi

Italy: Out of Africa

Italy lost 2 : 3 against newcomer Slovakia. What a shame!

After the vice world champion France now the reigning world champion out of the competition. Quite a surprise. So we will definitely have a "new" world champion.

Shame? Why's that? Cheated their way to the World Cup last time. Ask an Australian if you have forgotten.

Good to see some new blood in the competition too.

• Like 1

A bit of a surprise to see Italy crash out because the group did not look too difficult. Then again, during the last World Cup Italy played just one good game against Germany in the semis - all the others they barely survived with a lot of luck and the help of the referee. Their qualifiers for this World Cup were also less then impressive - barely beat Cyprus.

Really poor football from the Italian national team on this WC. However, I must admit that the last 15 ~ 20 min. were very impressive with four goals and endless opportunities.

Italy and France met at the last WC final, this year they will meet at the airport on the way home.

Shame? Why's that? Cheated their way to the World Cup last time. Ask an Australian if you have forgotten.

Well, the Italians are not the only winners to cheat in the football WC history...

1966 - England, the "ghost goal"

1974 - Germany, Based on Joao Havelange ( former FIFA President from 1974 to 1998 ), the World Cup was fixed so that Germany would win.

1978 - Argentina - They were the host country and the military dictatorship aided the team's triumph.

1986 - Argentina - Maradona and the hand of god

1990 - Germany - Klinsmann's dive against Argentina in the WC final.

Jock: any chance of finding an Sarcasm Smiley thing to aid some posters who are struggling with :

1. Using it properly

2. Identifying when it is being used by others.

I have searched high and low and although that whistling one does come close, it reminds me of lolitas.

Thanks

Well, the Italians are not the only winners to cheat in the football WC history...

1974 - Germany, Based on Joao Havelange ( former FIFA President from 1974 to 1998 ), the World Cup was fixed so that Germany would win.

1978 - Argentina - They were the host country and the military dictatorship aided the team's triumph.

LOL

Better get your facts straight. The penalty German scored in 1990 was for a foul on Voeller, not Klinsmann.

Of course Italy aren't the only culprits, but there's only so long one can healthily hold a grudge (that said, i make no excuse for holding a grudge against Maradonna until the day i die).

Different generation, different group of players.

Italy on the other hand is about as recent as you can get.

LOL

Better get your facts straight. The penalty German scored in 1990 was for a foul on Voeller, not Klinsmann.

CNF55

Pls. read carefully nex time as I've NOT mentioned any penalty on Klinsmann.......

This is the dive I'm talking about..........http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB7Y33VteME

Out of the interest of the rest of us, could you guys get a private room. really move on or start a thread about the history of dives, fouls, and missed calls in the WC.

I believe this is the correct place as this is the "general WC discussion" thread................

If u r not interested, just do not read our comments and read the one you like only.

Cheers

Out of the interest of the rest of us, could you guys get a private room. really move on or start a thread about the history of dives, fouls, and missed calls in the WC.

I believe this is the correct place as this is the "general WC discussion" thread................

If u r not interested, just do not read our comments and read the one you like only.

Cheers

By General WC discussion, perhaps I am stretching it to say it means this one? Pulling youtube videos from decades ago adds very little to the discussion. Go back to the start of the topic and you might actually see a discussion about this year's world cup.

It is called the General World Cup Discussion. Need we be so fastidious on a Friday morning?

Ciao Italia and vaffanculo home!

Team of lazy directed by an arrogant coach. He left home many of the best and in the bench another bunch. Italy deserve completely to go back home.

Is not of consolation we go away together with France and England (next match).

:annoyed::annoyed:

Team of lazy directed by an arrogant coach. He left home many of the best and in the bench another bunch. Italy deserve completely to go back home.

Anguid, don't sweat it too much, the French take the choke of the year award - rightly so. Oh, you have a typo in your last sentence. Germany should be in place of England.  ;)

Mentality of the team was summed up in the way, having just scored a goal and with precious minutes remaining, one of your players feigns being hit in the face in the goal net and wastes a good three or four minutes trying to get a booking out of it. Amazing.

Thanks for your encouraging words re England.