Fresh Free Range Chicken Eggs

jaideeguy

I'm a gourmet of eggs and grew addicted to my home grown free range chicken eggs, but they suddenly stopped laying [maybe due to this dam_n hot weather] and have been looking for a source of home grown free range eggs......size doesn't matter as long as they are fresh and yolks are ornge and not pasty yellow.

I've tried the [supposedly] free range eggs at Rimping @ 8 thb/ea and they are the same same pale yellow tasteless and not even fresh.

is there anyone that is growing their own or maybe has neighbors selling. I'll buy up to a flat [30?] at a time and hopefully close to Doi Saket/Bo Sang.

• 2 weeks later...

The Organic eggs sold at Tops, Kad Suan Kaew, seem to be pretty good. I consume them every day. Whereas the supposedly organic eggs used in example at Pun Pun Restaurant or Juicy4u, does not seem organic to me. (Due to the color of the yolk etc) but I might be wrong.

seems like buying some new chickens or ducks to make your own.

if your bent on buying them then could try the health food stores which try to be a little cleaner and healthy products.

Or talk to Khun Jo who owns the egg distribution business in the Chiang Kian area. It's right across from the big deserted condo building to the west of canal road. She works with a lot of different egg suppliers.

I thought I read that yellow color was preferred for health purposes because it often means the grower did not use additives to color the yolk. Some diet sources can turn the yolk darker but .......

egg color information

Edited by CobraSnakeNecktie