Australian Killer Freed By Thai Authorities

webfact

I don't condone what this man did - this sort of violent act is simply detestable - but with all due respect why was Gary Poretsky implying that Australian and Thai vets (or any vets for that matter) were nothing more than mere "tools of America"???? Didn't he realise that his comments could be very insulting for these men who fought and risked their lives (in a war that wasn't even their war)?

Sounds to me like Poretsky was just another arrogant XXXXXXXX who simply didn't know when to keep his gob shut!

Fair enough, killing the man was uncalled for, but he deserved at least a good kick in the head for is arrogance - IMHO.

I'm neither a vet nor a soldier but I can understand why such comments would anger someone.

2 years for murder is too short.

The issue Vietnam vets is complex. I am not sure if the authorities and doctors really understand how the war really affected these guys.

Should they have sympathy or contempt?

I personally know a few who still have flash backs and start screaming as if they were still in the middle of battle.

And of course a lot of invented symptoms.

I guess losing a war against a small country when you are a huge country, would affect anyone ?

Yea. Like when England lost to America in the American Revolution.

It isn't the agent orange, but the biggest factor was the large number of vaccinations prior to going to Vietnam, very debilitating and results in mood problems usually misdiagnosed as PTSD. The gov/med is lying when it says they don't cause autism as well as being the biggest factor in numerous other illnesses accruing over a lifetime, especially Alzheimer's if you make it that far. These things are curable if properly identified and acted on. Anyway, this is not to defend the man's actions. God will not allow that to pass, either.

If he had killed a a member of my family in the way he did Gary Poresky which was assasination style 1 to the body 2 to the head to an unarmed man sitting in a restaurant, then i would make sure that his sentence continued and would ensure he never made his next birthday.

:)

• A Type A Sociopath to be sure... This guy needs permanent incarceration or removal. Stats show 1 in 25 people in the US are secretly a Sociopath - read the traits below and I am sure we all know one or two. And there is no cure!!! But the difference between a sociopath and a psychopath is the latter pulls the trigger and the former will anytime soon...

• Glibness and Superficial Charm
  • Manipulative and Conning
  • Never recognize the rights of others and see their self-serving behaviors as permissible.
  • Appear charming, yet are covertly hostile and domineering, seeing their victim as merely an instrument to be used.
  • Dominate and humiliate their victims.
  • Grandiose Sense of Self
  • Feels entitled to certain things as "their right."
  • Pathological Lying
  • No problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for them to be truthful on a consistent basis.
  • Can create, and get caught up in, a complex belief about their own powers and abilities.
  • Extremely convincing and even able to pass lie detector tests.
  • Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt
  • A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at their core.
  • Always has a substance abuse of some kind
  • Does not see others around them as people, only as targets and opportunities.
  • Instead of friends, they have victims and accomplices who end up as victims.
  • The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in their way.
  • Shallow Emotions
  • When they show what seems to be warmth, joy, love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves an ulterior motive.
  • Outraged by insignificant matters, yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal person.
  • Incapacity for Love
  • Need for Stimulation
  • Living on the edge. Verbal outbursts and physical punishments are normal.
  • Promiscuity and gambling are common.
  • Callousness/Lack of Empathy
  • Unable to empathize with the pain of their victims, having only contempt for others' feelings of distress and readily taking advantage of them.
  • Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature
  • Rage and abuse, alternating with small expressions of love and approval produce an addictive cycle for abuser and abused, as well as creating hopelessness in the victim.
  • Believe they are all-powerful, all-knowing, entitled to every wish, no sense of personal boundaries, no concern for their impact on others.
  • Early Behavior Problems/Juvenile Delinquency
  • Usually has a history of behavioral and academic difficulties, yet "gets by" by conning others.
  • Problems in making and keeping friends; aberrant behaviors such as cruelty to people or animals, stealing, etc.
  • Irresponsibility/Unreliability
  • Not concerned about wrecking others' lives and dreams.
  • Oblivious or indifferent to the devastation they cause.
  • Does not accept blame themselves, but blames others, even for acts they obviously committed.
  • Promiscuous Sexual Behavior/Infidelity
  • Promiscuity, child sexual abuse, rape and sexual acting out of all sorts.
  • Lack of Realistic Life Plan/Parasitic Lifestyle
  • Tends to move around a lot or makes all encompassing promises for the future, poor work ethic but exploits others effectively. Criminal or Entrepreneurial Versatility
  • Changes their image as needed to avoid prosecution.
  • Changes life story readily.
  • ph34r.gif

A most useful and concise definition of the characteritics of a socio/psychpath. The Thai's obviously dont need people like this in their jails. He is better off back in Oz where authorities there have the resources, facilities and skills to deal with them.

Boys and girls, I've just looked up the "Nominal Roll" of Vietnam Vets, a web document listing everyone who served in SVN, available from the Australian War Memorial....Bill, Bill...another wannabe, it's a wonder he didn't say he was in the SAS doing "secret" behind the lines work etc. etc

This guy will run into some Ringers where he's going in WA....these tough guys will sort him out...one way or another!:)

He is better off back in Oz where authorities there have the resources, facilities and skills to deal with them.

I wonder if you grasp exactly what's going on here. He is not going to be dealt with or managed in any way once he returns to Oz, he is free. Time served, nothing else to answer for. That's the problem here.

If he was convicted of murder in his home country and released they normally keep a close eye on people. For example in the UK they hound you until the day you die after being released from a life sentence and you can be returned to prison for 'life' for even the most minor of incidents, you are never truly free like this guy is.

Edited by ukrules

The issue Vietnam vets is complex. I am not sure if the authorities and doctors really understand how the war really affected these guys.

I personally know a few who still have flash backs and start screaming as if they were still in the middle of battle.

I guess losing a war against a small country when you are a huge country, would affect anyone ?

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifwell said

your kind description would have encompassed all redshirts leaders and more. :)

• A Type A Sociopath to be sure... This guy needs permanent incarceration or removal. Stats show 1 in 25 people in the US are secretly a Sociopath - read the traits below and I am sure we all know one or two. And there is no cure!!! But the difference between a sociopath and a psychopath is the latter pulls the trigger and the former will anytime soon...
  • Glibness and Superficial Charm
  • Manipulative and Conning
  • Never recognize the rights of others and see their self-serving behaviors as permissible.
  • Appear charming, yet are covertly hostile and domineering, seeing their victim as merely an instrument to be used.
  • Dominate and humiliate their victims.
  • Grandiose Sense of Self
  • Feels entitled to certain things as "their right."
  • Pathological Lying
  • No problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for them to be truthful on a consistent basis.
  • Can create, and get caught up in, a complex belief about their own powers and abilities.
  • Extremely convincing and even able to pass lie detector tests.
  • Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt
  • A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at their core.
  • Always has a substance abuse of some kind
  • Does not see others around them as people, only as targets and opportunities.
  • Instead of friends, they have victims and accomplices who end up as victims.
  • The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in their way.
  • Shallow Emotions
  • When they show what seems to be warmth, joy, love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves an ulterior motive.
  • Outraged by insignificant matters, yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal person.
  • Incapacity for Love
  • Need for Stimulation
  • Living on the edge. Verbal outbursts and physical punishments are normal.
  • Promiscuity and gambling are common.
  • Callousness/Lack of Empathy
  • Unable to empathize with the pain of their victims, having only contempt for others' feelings of distress and readily taking advantage of them.
  • Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature
  • Rage and abuse, alternating with small expressions of love and approval produce an addictive cycle for abuser and abused, as well as creating hopelessness in the victim.
  • Believe they are all-powerful, all-knowing, entitled to every wish, no sense of personal boundaries, no concern for their impact on others.
  • Early Behavior Problems/Juvenile Delinquency
  • Usually has a history of behavioral and academic difficulties, yet "gets by" by conning others.
  • Problems in making and keeping friends; aberrant behaviors such as cruelty to people or animals, stealing, etc.
  • Irresponsibility/Unreliability
  • Not concerned about wrecking others' lives and dreams.
  • Oblivious or indifferent to the devastation they cause.
  • Does not accept blame themselves, but blames others, even for acts they obviously committed.
  • Promiscuous Sexual Behavior/Infidelity
  • Promiscuity, child sexual abuse, rape and sexual acting out of all sorts.
  • Lack of Realistic Life Plan/Parasitic Lifestyle
  • Tends to move around a lot or makes all encompassing promises for the future, poor work ethic but exploits others effectively. Criminal or Entrepreneurial Versatility
  • Changes their image as needed to avoid prosecution.
  • Changes life story readily.
  • ph34r.gif

yeh, congratulations on winning the Falklands War...that was a real nail biter....

Back on track, this guy, an expat, meets a guy on vacation in Chiang mai and because he takes offense at something the guy said he shoots him in the head and 2 more times in the body in a restaurant with witnesses. At trial the killer says " I shot him because he is an American and I don't like Americans". He gets a sentence of 2.5 years. Now he is free on a pardon from ?. I just lost any respect for the powers here. End game for any Americans stupid enough to stay in Thailand. ALOHA.:)

[/url]

He's just killed a man but appears to be quite happy about it even managed to tell a few lies while the camera was filming!

Teacher! Never!

Work with the police? Like in groveling to them, like he groveled to the prison staff.

I don't condone what this man did - this sort of violent act is simply detestable - but with all due respect why was Gary Poretsky implying that Australian and Thai vets (or any vets for that matter) were nothing more than mere "tools of America"???? Didn't he realise that his comments could be very insulting for these men who fought and risked their lives (in a war that wasn't even their war)?

Sounds to me like Poretsky was just another arrogant XXXXXXXX who simply didn't know when to keep his gob shut!

Fair enough, killing the man was uncalled for, but he deserved at least a good kick in the head for is arrogance - IMHO.

I'm neither a vet nor a soldier but I can understand why such comments would anger someone.

A little matter called Free Speech is apparently unknown to you. I means you have the right to give your opinion about something, just like you are allowed to do here. And regardless of how stupid or untrue it might be, you are allowed to give it without fearing being killed or jailed. But I take it you would not mind having your head kicked in by someone who does not agree with you?

sort of like when the colonists sent england packing twice

If you were less geographically challenged, you may realise that VN has a much larger population than Australia. On the other hand, we are in good company. In recent history, Viet Nam has fought wars with France, the US and it's allies, and China - and came out on top in every one. Tough little buggers.

OzMick--don't pay any attention to this troll. He only posted that to get a rise out of someone. Prick...

edit: kirkin pattaya--good comeback mate. This wanke_rs screen name says it all. I pity the fool...

Edited by kloghead

If you were less geographically challenged, you may realise that VN has a much larger population than Australia. On the other hand, we are in good company. In recent history, Viet Nam has fought wars with France, the US and it's allies, and China - and came out on top in every one. Tough little buggers.

OzMick--don't pay any attention to this troll. He only posted that to get a rise out of someone. Prick...

edit: kirkinpattaya--good one mate. His screen name says it all. I pity the fool...

he will kill again, and when he does people will be sorry that he did not stay locked up. Once a male animal feels the power of blowing someone's brains all over the floor and geting away with it, it is only a matter of time until they to do it again.

I know one more thing...he is definitely NOT crazy, but he wants people to think he is.

ukfool, you're right. Take this from a Dutch chap whose country succesfully invaded England two times in one century. After the raid on the Medway in 1667, and the 'glorious revolution' in 1688. England really felt a need to bolster its self-image and start an empire.

A little matter called Free Speech is apparently unknown to you. I means you have the right to give your opinion about something, just like you are allowed to do here. And regardless of how stupid or untrue it might be, you are allowed to give it without fearing being killed or jailed. But I take it you would not mind having your head kicked in by someone who does not agree with you?

I think you might have misunderstood my previous post. I am familiar with the right to "free speech". However, too many people belive this gives them the right to say anything, anywhere on any topic and in anybodys' presence without thinking of the eventual consequences. For some reason these people seem to think that everybody in the vicinity absolutely must hear their "opinion" - it is after all their "right". Fair enough, I say. But, given the choice of mouthing off and eventually getting into a fight - or worse - I choose to keep my opinion on delicate topics to myself and stay alive - maybe if Gary had prctised better judgement that evening he might still be alive today...

"free speech" is a wonderful theory but unfortunately we don't live in a perfect world and should learn to use this right with discretion and good judgement - it would save a lot of resentment, fights, arguments and killings.

"A rat who gnaws at a cat's tail invites destruction." - Chinese proverb

Nobody knows for sure what set the Australian off, as he was proved to be a liar on several occasions, and this talk about Vietnam may indeed have been just a BS excuse to give him a valid reason to murder. Remember the old fart was drunk at the time, and he's an <deleted> when he's sober, so imagine what an arrogant sh** is would be when drunk.

The guy was 60 years old and carrying an unlicensed gun, I suppose he thought he was "dirty harry" or some such nonsense. He is certainly nutty as a fruit cake.

Edited by Hawk