90 Days Banked Money

I have a non imm O ME visa, good until the end of July. My current entry started on the 26th April good until the 24th July.

When I got incountry this time I immediately sent some funds to top me to 800k or so (I understand I only need 400 for marriage) and have kept it over 600k ever since. However the money didnt hit the Thai account until the 2nd of May. Effectively by the end of this entry I will still be one week sort of 90 days which the money needs.

If I go to get a 12 month extension based on marriage, and have 6 or 700k in the bank, but its a few days short, do they usually give a short extension ??

Worst case I have time between the 24 July end of the entry and the 31st end of the visa to do a border hop good for another 90 days, but would rather know now to plan it, as I usually take a short holiday somewhere.

Is there a normal routine or is it totally case by case ??

Mario, yes this is what the printed rules state, but from my own experience last year (in BKK) I can confirm that the two months only apply to people who use the bank deposit route the first time. For any subsequent applications using this method the money has to be seasoned for 3 months! I even had to sign a form to this effect that I understand the rules.

As for the OP he also has the option of a 60 days stay based on visit Thai wife. This gives him time to season the money if the two months is not accepted.

opalhort

For an extension based on marriage the money needs to be in the bank for 60 day/2 months, not 3 months.

Only for the first yearly extension.

If you have had an yearly extension before it must have been in for three months.

Yes, they are very strict.

2 months for Marriage Extensions in Khon Kaen.

Some offices want 3 months apart from the first time.

Bangkok told me 2 months for the first time and 3 months for next year onwards.

They have become very strict. The Officer told my wife quietly that those "upstairs" were being very difficult. The lady even tried to change my application to a Retirement application as it was much easier for her. But when she discovered she was talking to a lady Doctor things improved dramatically.

I have had about 5 previous extensions based on marriage without any complications and now await to see if this one gains approval.