Ps3 Vs Xbox 360 Vs Nintendo Revolution

Turok

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes but thats always been the status quo, They keep upgrading consoles but PC's are always a step ahead, They said something similar when the playstation came out.

The most important thing is that I can still play on my PC today, EVERY single game I have ever bought for any PC ever.  For Consoles to compete with PC's they would have to come out every year and be fully compatible with games from 3-4 years ago as well AND surf the internet (properly), send emails and word process etc...

You are right but this won't last. The consoles are made to one thing and one thing only, so they will catch up to the PC. It will take some time but when they do, bye bye PC gaming.

I'm tellin' ya that controler is gonna kill it. I just don't see how you can play the old games on it and that is their marketing ploy.

Rotate it 90 degrees and its a NES controller. You can also attach a joystick (among other attachments) to it that you hold in your left hand for shooters, moving with the stick and aiming with the controller. For GC games, you plug in a Gamecube controller. It works, they're not stupid.

I'm tellin' ya that controler is gonna kill it. I just don't see how you can play the old games on it and that is their marketing ploy.

Rotate it 90 degrees and its a NES controller. You can also attach a joystick (among other attachments) to it that you hold in your left hand for shooters, moving with the stick and aiming with the controller. For GC games, you plug in a Gamecube controller. It works, they're not stupid.

Yeah, yeah, I know. I still think the button spacing is a little off to be comfortable. With things like this you need simplicity, you can't have one thing doing to many. Mabye it will work, I really hope it does because I love the idea of the Revolution. I want walk down memory lane. But, until I use the thing I will give it funny looks.

Nintendo Gamers:

You got a Top Ten list for the Gamecube?

Top 10 Gamecube games.

1. Super Smash Bros. Melee

2. Eternal Darkness: Sanitys Requiem

3. Metroid Prime 1

4. Vietuful Joe 1

5. Metroid Prime Echoes

6. Animal Crossing

7. Zelda: The Windwaker

8. Prince of Persia: Sands of Time

9. Mario Golf

10. Mario KArt Double Dash

Thats my list. Show me yours.

Turok

Turok I agree with you on many points but there is no reason most people shouldnt own 2 consoles, a Nintendo and Xbox/PS.

If you are ever in Chiang Mai PM me, because I love beer/cube/multi player parties also! I have gotten non gaming nerds (including women who never played games since pac-man) back into gaming using a Gamcube.

I dont think this can be done using the other consoles, and the Revolution and its new interface will draw many new "non-gamer" types back into the fold.

Here is a pic of my setup:

DSC00132.jpg

Sony Wega "Super Fine Pitch" HDTV

Modded Xbox

GameCube + dozen real games

3 gameboy sp

2 Nintendo DS +1/2 dozen games

1 Thai wife

= happy times

Mr. Sticky:

I agree with you. Owning 2 consoles is good cause some of them have some good games. I have the PS2 but dont play it as much though some good games. I loved Ratchet and Clank Up your arsenal. It was my style of long adventure game with plenty of side stuff. But, I am still drawn to the Gamecube. I grew up with Marion. Just last nite 6 of us go together for some bragging rites on SSBM. Another great party game is Wario Ware. Now that is a drinking game! MArio Kart is a must for a party and so is MArio Tennis. One of the first cube games I owned and was hooked on was Super Monkey Ball 2. There is a third installment coming out.

The new Revoultion will be cool. I look forward to it. If you could really get the whole Nintendo library of games.... I may not need to buy a new game. Oh man that will be sweet. I know people will complain about the graphics but I am more into gameplay. PS2 and XBox will never own Zelda, MArio, Metroid, Pikmin, Pokemon, FZero... This is why u own Nintendo. By the way, MArio Baseball is good but very difficult and the computer always comes back to get you in the 9th inning.

Hey tell me about the DS. Is it worth getting? Will it be compatible with the Revoultion? I am thinking of getting one.

I have:

1 Gameboy SP

1 Gamecube with about 50 games real and fake

0 Thai wife. Single and use the Gamecube to lure women in and use it as foreplay.

HAve u ever been nagged to put the game down when yor in the middle of fighting a tough boss in Metroid Prime?

Turok

P.S. By the way was the wife part of a Nintendo Gamecube Bundle?

Edited by Turok

Mr. Sticky:

I agree with you.  Owning 2 consoles is good cause some of them have some good games.  I have the PS2 but dont play it as much though some good games.  I loved Ratchet and Clank Up your arsenal.  It was my style of long adventure game with plenty of side stuff.  But, I am still drawn to the Gamecube.  I grew up with Marion.  Just last nite 6 of us go together for some bragging rites on SSBM. Another great party game is Wario Ware.  Now that is a drinking game!  MArio Kart is a must for a party and so is MArio Tennis.  One of the first cube games I owned and was hooked on was Super Monkey Ball 2.  There is a third installment coming out. 

The new Revoultion will be cool.  I look forward to it.  If you could really get the whole Nintendo library of games....  I may not need to buy a new game.  Oh man that will be sweet.  I know people will complain about the graphics but I am more into gameplay.  PS2 and XBox will never own Zelda, MArio, Metroid, Pikmin, Pokemon, FZero...  This is why u own Nintendo.  By the way, MArio Baseball is good but very difficult and the computer always comes back to get you in the 9th inning. 

Hey tell me about the DS.  Is it worth getting?  Will it be compatible with the Revoultion?  I am thinking of getting one. 

I have:

1 Gameboy SP

1 Gamecube with about 50 games real and fake

0 Thai wife.  Single and use the Gamecube to lure women in and use it as foreplay. 

Maybe that tactic isn't working?  :o

HAve u ever been nagged to put the game down when yor in the middle of fighting a tough boss in Metroid Prime?

Turok

P.S.  By the way was the wife part of a Nintendo Gamecube Bundle?

my partner & me are both sony freaks (and me, am nintendo fan-- mario is my drug since kid)

so we dont own xbox

we got psp (the better choice to get this original from HK or JP is that, we can download all games on net! unlike if bought in eu, copied games? --DREAM ON!) :o

now i'm collecting the game music from commodore c64

yah

it's 8-bits rule!!!!!!

my partner & me are both sony freaks (and me, am nintendo fan-- mario is my drug since kid)

so we dont own xbox

we got psp (the better choice to get this original from HK or JP is that, we can download all games on net! unlike if bought in eu, copied games? --DREAM ON!) :o

now i'm collecting the game music from commodore c64

yah

it's 8-bits rule!!!!!!

How much game music have you collected and where do you get it?

Can anyone tell me how much DS gamse cost in BKK? Now that Mario Kart is out I can't resist picking up a DS, so am planning on going to MBK this week getting one. I imagine the games can't be copied so I'm guessing around 2000 or so per game. I'm thinking of also picking up Advance Wars DS and maybe Nintendogs as well. Animal crossing is also coming out soon, I think on the 5th in the US, gonna hafta get that as well. Online Mario Kart and Animal Crossing, just find an open wifi spot and you can play anywhere.

The PS3 will have a graphics card twice as powerful as the most powerful graphics you can get at the moment. A high resolution TV will probably be needed for optimum viewing.

Good story games on the ps2 include The getaway, Medal of honor, Call of duty and warriors which is based on the famous 1970's movie

DS games are around 1500B+ and there isnt a cheap/easy way to copy them for now (it can be done though).

For the online games you have to have a wireless router or buy a special "dongle" from Nintendo, I think you could even pick one up from MBK. I havent yet so I will have to wait for a month or 2 until I can get down to BKK for some more game shopping.

Good to see such a strong gaming community in Thailand!

Fellas:

Just came across this article.  Those of u undecided about which console to get, read this.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/670/670078p1.html

Turok

I couldnt agree more, it will be a nightmare for Developers because they will not be able to easily port games for multi-platform release's. Worse than that it has CARPAL TUNNEL written all over it.

Fellas:

Just came across this article.  Those of u undecided about which console to get, read this.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/670/670078p1.html

Turok

I couldnt agree more, it will be a nightmare for Developers because they will not be able to easily port games for multi-platform release's. Worse than that it has CARPAL TUNNEL written all over it.

I know, a person would need to take advil to play that thing on a daily basis.

Fellas:

I am thinking of getting the Nintendo DS. I am a huge fan of MArio Kart and Animal Crossing which just was released. Do any of you gamers have any opinions on the DS? They cost about 5600 baht. What sort of extra stuff do i need to get for a WIFI connection?

Turok

Sticky:

I am sold! Your advertisement sold me. Got to get me one of those! The DS I mean.

I know the new Animal Crossing Wild World has been released. I spent more time on that game than any other Gamecube game I had. I remember rushing home every evening for a week just to turn on the lighthouse lights to get some prize. Now that is a good game.

Turok

Well if you a graphics kind of guy, sure, Xbox all the way.  But, in my opinion gameplay and story lines are what make a game.  Neither XBox or PS can boast the games that Nintendo does.  Shall we take a trip down memory lane?

MArio

Zelda

Metroid

Sonic

Pokemon

Shall I continue?  This is why u buy Nintendo.  And, Nintendo plans on releasing all of their library of games.  Goldeneye, Turok, etc....  So, if you want to stare at cool graphics without much story, get the others.  But Nintendo has the games and the franchises and to me the story lines are much more memorable than a super life like character.

Turok

Sonic is Sega mate, you can't really have that as a Nintendo franchise :o I knows me games too!

I like Nintendo to be honest, but not enough adult games, and not enough games to be honest.

I can and have most of the games you menton above for the N64, SNES, etc. already on my X-Box.

I'll probably go for PS3 and X-Box360, don't know in which order.

And as for franchises (unless you're talking longevity) I'd say the PS2 can easily compare to the Gamecube. We got the GTA franchise, Ratchet and Clank, Jak, Pro Evo (the best footy game in the world), Prince of Persia. Nintendo couldn't even hold onto Resi 4....we got it on the PS2 as well (with extra missions etc.), Call of Duty, Splinter Cell, Metal Gear Solid....although Nintendo got this as well.

There area few games worth having on the Gamecube, but not as many as on other platforms, and the decidely kiddie 'feel' of a lot of games puts people off IMO.

Still it would be nice to have all three in an ideal world (where I'm a mega-millionaire).

Kennkanif:

My bad with Sonic. I dont think you can compare GTA with Mario, Zelda, or Metroid. Just my thoughts.

Ok, I hear this comment over and over so please help me out.

"Nintendo does not make enuff adult games." I would like to know what that means. And give me a list of some adult games. GTA is not an adult game cause kids play that also. And I can show you plenty of adults who will flock to the nearest store to purchase the next Legend of Zelda game or Metroid Prime. Please help me out here when you guys say adult games. PS2 and Xbox make plenty of the the kiddie games or they wouldnt be in buisiness. Are shooting games adult with men doing hookers and then stabbing them for their money back? I just dont get it. How many soccer games are necessary on the PS2? Do we need more racing games on the XBox?

Let me hear it cause I am at a lost.

Turok

Edited by Turok

Fellas:

Ok need some help. Concerning wifi connection for the DS. What will need to buy? Can I get it in Thailand? What are ur suggestions? Playing Mario Kart and Animal Crossing live is too cool. Give me the low down. I have High speed DSL at home through Loxinfo.

Turok