90 Day Reporting By Post.

Hello Everybody,

Whilst at Cheang Wattana Immigration last time for my 90 day reporting, I asked the Immigration Officer if it was possible to do 90 day reporting by post?

The kind lady handed me a photocopy of a list of requirements and the procedure to follow.

My 90 day reporting was due today (18 June) so, on 07 June I posted the required documents, including a stamped self-addressed envelope by registered mail to Cheang Wattana.

To date I have not received anything from Immigration. I am beginning to wonder whether I should head to Cheang Wattana on Monday to report in person, as I would have 5 days grace. Of course I do no longer have the original reporting slip, as that was sent to Immigration on 07 June. I do have a copy of the 90 day reporting slip and the post office receipt for the registered post to Cheang Wattana.

I wonder what advice members would give me with regard to this problem?

Frm-Bkk

Did you use baht 10 for your return postage? The old Immigration handout said baht 5, but they changed to 10 3-4 years ago.

I used to report via EMS at Suan Plu and sometimes it took three weeks before I got the return receipt. Didn't worry too much as has a copy of the form and via the www and the Thai Post's www site, a copy of the signature of the person who signed for it at Suan Plu. OK, might just have been a clerk at the front desk, but still a signature. You don't get that with registered mail, which is what they had on their form.

Now at Pathum Thani, have to show up, they don't yet do mail-in reports.

Mac

Do not believe they even start to process such reports until the day due so it will always be some time later before you would get a receipt. Just keep your mailing receipt until received. If more than a couple of weeks go bye then you might want to contact them.

I just did my 90 day report , due on 6/8/2010 mailed it in EMS on 6/3/2010 AM to Cheang Wattana Immigration . Received it back 6/16/2010. First time I did it by mail and it had me a bit worried also. I tracked delivery of EMS and it got there on 6/8/2010. I used this web site to track the number on the receipt, C:\Documents and Settings\xp\Desktop\Track And Trace EMS Thailand Post Grasshopper.mht. Hope you get your report back soon so you can stop worrying.

Yes, they only process the mail on the due date. Give it 1-2 weeks after that to get it back. If not by then, give them a call.

If you used only a 5 Baht stamp on return envelope as stated in their paper they may not process it at all. In this case better pay them a visit on Monday.

opalhort

Yes, they only process the mail on the due date. Give it 1-2 weeks after that to get it back. If not by then, give them a call.

If you used only a 5 Baht stamp on return envelope as stated in their paper they may not process it at all.

opalhort

Just an update.

As from this afternoon, still no response from the Immigration office.

I put 12 Baht on the return envelope, as I only had 3 Baht stamps. I will wait until at least next week.

Thank you to all of you who responded.

Frm-Bkk

If you used only a 5 Baht stamp on return envelope as stated in their paper they may not process it at all.

opalhort

Just an update.

As from this afternoon, still no response from the Immigration office.

I put 12 Baht on the return envelope, as I only had 3 Baht stamps. I will wait until at least next week.

Thank you to all of you who responded.

Frm-Bkk

Frm-BKK,

Could you post the list of requirements or attach a scan? I would like to do my 90 address reporting by mail. Thanks.

Bob

opalhort

2nd Update:

This afternoon I received my 90 day reporting renewal from Immigration, Cheang Wattana.

I took a total of 9 days from my latest reporting day - 18 June - not the day it was sent to Immigration, which was 11 days prior to that.

So, all is well again.

Thank you to previous respondents who assured me of this outcome.

Frm-Bkk