Heart Problems

morgansfolly

Hello.

This is my first time on Thai visa. There have been some great topics. And lots of information. Thank you to everyone!

I have been having slight problems with my heart. Palpitations... not all the time... on and off for three days now. Which is the best hospital to go and have a check up at? I have heard on the radio that there is a new Heart centre just past Bangkok Pattaya but cannot find any information. Help.

Try SAmitivit in Sri Racha, i had a bypass 23 years ago and occasionally get palpitations (usually when there is a girl on the escalator in front of me in a short skirt) :) it may be nothing but always worth checking ,do you drink a lot?

Try SAmitivit in Sri Racha, i had a bypass 23 years ago and occasionally get palpitations (usually when there is a girl on the escalator in front of me in a short skirt) :) it may be nothing but always worth checking ,do you drink a lot?

I do not drink toooo much. Maybe a couple of Bacardi's in the evening. Although when my heart started going funny I have not drank in 3 days.... and still the same.

P..S I am female. And short skirts do nothing for me really!!!

I do not drink toooo much. Maybe a couple of Bacardi's in the evening. Although when my heart started going funny I have not drank in 3 days.... and still the same.

Forgot to say Thank you for the informaiton.

Forgot to say Thank you for the informaiton.

Buy yourself a good blood pressure monitor with a Arrhythmia function and home check your blood pressure at differant times of the day and make a note of the reading over a few weeks and take the results with you when you see the doctor it'll save you a lot of time and money .

I had the same problem 6 months ago and went to the heart centre at BPH and had a number of tests and I decided to have a CT scan of my heart to find no problems. I still get the palpitations on odd occasions but these happen when it is extremely hot or I have a cold. So now I just live with it. BTW my blood pressure is OK

:angry: DO NOT go to this hospital. After a triple by pass 18 years ago, the relevant heart doctor forged my record so as to negate my insurance. His reasoning "Oh I had so much on my desk that day I must have signed the wrong paper, I guess you'd better sue me"

Yeah right, ten years in the courts at God knows how much cost, what can you do ?

I would suggest you post this in the "Health" forum and further, apart from a choice of hospitals, an EKG would probably be a good place to start as far as diagnosis. If that doesn't turn anything up then possibly a 24-hour "Holter" monitor might be done.

Probably to see a cardiologist would make the best sense, sorry I don't have a specific recommendation as to whom.

Good luck!

Buy yourself a good blood pressure monitor with a Arrhythmia function and home check your blood pressure at differant times of the day and make a note of the reading over a few weeks and take the results with you when you see the doctor it'll save you a lot of time and money .

Do not do this you may have a heart attack before then so while not trying to scare don't do home diagnosis, go in and get a Holter monitor which will allow them to read your heart rythm over a 24 hour period and make some sort of diagnosis coupled with an ultrasound preferably and it should not cost you a bunch of money for these tests and results and they're painless...

I would recommend that you go get some childrens aspirin though (named that because they are quite small and low dosage about 60 to 80 mils per pill) and take one per day, this will help thin your blood and if you are having some sort of blockage could stave off or minimize any potential heart muscle damage in the interim if there is any potential for that..Bottom line is it will do no harm but might do plenty of good..

Edited by WarpSpeed