Lawn Watering

Hi,

I need help urgently. I have a beachfront villa with a lawn area about 200 square meters right in front of the beach. How often do I need to water the lawn? I don't stay there often, so am not expecting the lawn to be in super condition, but as long as it is green, I am happy. It has been watered by sprinkler operated manually. Pls advise how often and how long do I need to water the lawn. I guess the sprinkler has to be moved by the gardener every 20 mins to cover the whole area?

Well, assuming it is an established lawn (not newly planted) It should be fairly drought tolerant...So may look a bit browned out, but should come back. quickly.... once rain comes....

Both types of grass I have, the wide & narrow blade types are holding up quite well, with no watering, some was looking quite browned out, but after the little bit of rain last week has already perked up!

In view of water shortages in many areas, watering grass is not essential.......

If you must & assuming you are a lucky one with lots of water, one good watering once a week..to every 10 days. If you are using a pulsating type sprinkler , I would say about 45 minutes to allow water to penetrate down... but it depends a bit on your soil, below.

Now the temperatures have dropped, & we are getting a little rain ( in some areas at least) It won't be quite so browned out looking!

Hope that helps!