Can You Please Tell Me Exactly What I Need To Do To Extend Non Immigrant 'O' Visa For Retirement

My non immigrant 'O' visa will expire on 23rd September. I will be renewing it for the first time. I am retired in Thailand.

Can someone please tell me exactly what i need to take to immigration to renew it?

Obviously passport and completed application form but what else do they require?

Also, i live near to Fortune Town on Ratchada, where's the nearest immigration office to me that will process this?

Thanks for any replies.

Are you using money in the bank? Income? Or both?

(3) Proof of income of not less than Baht 65,000 per month; or

(4) Account deposit with a bank in Thailand of not less than

800,000 Baht as shown in the bank account for the past 3 months at the filing date of the application. For the first year, the applicant should have that amount in his bank account for not less than 60 days or

(5) Annual income plus bank account deposit totaling not less

than Baht 800,000 as of the filing date of application

Edited by Lite Beer

I'm using money in the bank. The funds are there, 800,000 baht as stated in my bank book.

When renewing, is it true that the funds must not fall below 800,000 baht for the 90 days prior to application or 60 days?

Do i need to take a letter from the bank with me or is just the bank book okay?

Anything else i need?

Cheers

Edited by BillStrangeOgre

If it is your first Extension application the money must not go below 800,000 for 2 months prior to application.

All other applications will be 3 months.

You need to get a letter from your bank verifying your balance as well as the bank book updated on the same day showing the same balance.

You might need proof of address. You will need a passport size photo and 1,900 Baht fee.

800,000 Baht as shown in the bank account for the past 3 months at the filing date of the application. For the first year, the applicant should have that amount in his bank account for not less than 60 days or

I went for number 5 but be AWARE this is not allways acceptable...be warned, in my case they still send you away to come back 3 MONTHS later with the part and part...so ingnore the part that states "date of application":angry:

I went for number 5 but be AWARE this is not allways acceptable...be warned, in my case they still send you away to come back 3 MONTHS later with the part and part...so ingnore the part that states "date of application":angry:

If you qualify you should get the extension on the day you apply.

I can only think that you had another problem.

Or are you saying that they still wanted the money in the bank for 3 months?

Edited by Lite Beer

If you qualify you should get the extension on the day you apply.

I can only think that you had another problem.

Or are you saying that they still wanted the money in the bank for 3 months?

No other problem at all, bank book on same day, updated, original embassy letter certified(jomtien) proof of pension, yellow book ...etc,

I asked what i need to bring when i return on august 4th, answear, same as you brought today was there reply....so, when posting advice, me included, it`s wise i suppose to state not allways the case but what is percieved to be normal....and yes, they wanted to see my top up money in the bank for 3 months, and dont go below it, oh and update your book on day of return:angry: , p.s. i allways do things to the letter too...maybe i didn`t offer T money, or L money?

As you have mentioned different places can expect slightly different things but what you have not advised (and may be factors) is:

1. Office involved (just small, large if you do not wish it known - but is important).

2. First application? Were you current on an extension of stay and expiration date of that extension?

3. Percentage of Embassy letter to total requirement?

4. How long other money had been in bank?

• Like 1

As you have mentioned different places can expect slightly different things but what you have not advised (and may be factors) is:

1. Office involved (just small, large if you do not wish it known - but is important).

2. First application? Were you current on an extension of stay and expiration date of that extension?

3. Percentage of Embassy letter to total requirement?

4. How long other money had been in bank?

1. korat

2. 1st application, on a non "o"

3. 50"50

4.3 wks..but no seasoning req`d..as you state, and i also presumed.

And no reason given..

Oh, and regular money in and out of account for 2.5 years..

I`m not the first this has happened to at this office...

Edited by rizla