Fiberglass Supplies In Chiangmai?

MoonRiverOasis

Have you tried Global house? Was sure there is polyester resin and some glass mat near the paint section.

Also have a DIY project planned but would like to obtain some stronger clothes for higher strength custom bits.

Anyone know of a store in Chiang Mai that might sell Carbon fiber, Kevlar or Dynel fabrics?

i dont know where that stuff is in Chiang mai but do in Bangkok...anyway, you can try finding jewelry supply houses also, they usually carry resins for clear coating.

Your also going to need a small propane torch to run over the wet resin when you apply it to get rid of the air bubbles, # 300 resin usually has better results with less bubbles and dries clearer, without a yellow tinge. Polyester resins dry with a wax film over it., and shouldn't be used for structiral applications it doens't adhere to carbon fiber.

I have about 10 sq meters of carbon fiber back in bangkok as well as texalium silver/gold, end of july im headed back tot he states so if anyone wants this stuff at a good price let me know, or if you need it sooner let me know too. I have twill, harness and basic weaves.

Edited by KRS1