Divorce From Thai Lady

meninblack

i am merry with thai lady about 6 month. i want divorce from her because i found she bad lady.

we dont have child or proparty (home, car, whatever..)

i told her that i want divorce. ofcourse she was get many advice from many people and now she told me that she want i give her money for start new life, and if i dont give her, she will not divorce from me.

she told me that she can get half for what we have. i told here that we dont have nothing that we share after we got merried and she will not get nothing, she dont understand this.

i understand i can go to court and divorce by court.

what you thinks about this situation? what should i do? i dont want give her nothing.

thank you for answer.

According to Thai law, only wealth increase acquired after the marriage has to be split fifty-fifty in case of a divorce.

Make sure to check on any savings she might have made made since you got married as you might be in line for a payout yourself.

According to Thai law, only wealth increase acquired after the marriage has to be split fifty-fifty in case of a divorce.

we dont have nothing together after we got merried. so thats mean she will not get nothing? or the court can say i need to pay her

The best solution really is to find some agreement between the two of you. She wants money to set her up for life but you have only been together a few months so this is unreasonable. There will always be the matter of face involved so having demanded money she will not back down and accept nothing but maybe a token payment of a few thousand baht (I got away with 5k in similar circumstances) will do the trick. Once you have an agreement between you, you only need to go the Amphur Office where the marriage was registered with both copies of the marriage certificate and it can be dealt with immediately.

Without agreement you will have to get lawyers involved which will cost a lot more in fees even if a large settlement isn't involved. Good luck.

There will always be the matter of face involved so having demanded money she will not back down and accept nothing but maybe a token payment of a few thousand baht (I got away with 5k in similar circumstances) will do the trick.

Long time?

Thai law doesn't now any alimony, (it does know child support) so you only split the wealth acquired during the marriage. It is sensible to give something if you want a quick divorce, as you can only divorce at the amphur if you both agree to divorce. If not, you have to go to court and can only get a divorce on one of the grounds stipulated in the law. So this way is more difficult and expensive. Negotiations are the best.

There will always be the matter of face involved so having demanded money she will not back down and accept nothing but maybe a token payment of a few thousand baht (I got away with 5k in similar circumstances) will do the trick.

Long time?

Nah, my first foolish Thai involvement. Met, married and divorced within the year!! :lol:

Long time?

Nah, my first foolish Thai involvement. Met, married and divorced within the year!! :lol:

So short time then..? Usually 2000.

2000 for short time... she can't have been from Isaan... :unsure:

Good luck with your exit strategy. Glad you found out before it became a real problem. Don't forget to warn your mates. If the cycle stops, progress is possible.

2000 for short time... she can't have been from Isaan... :unsure:

things are going up in isaan ,

including S/T,, prices . cos the number of punters is way down .

BTT..

i hope you have been educated ,,

do not gat married again .

The best solution really is to find some agreement between the two of you. She wants money to set her up for life but you have only been together a few months so this is unreasonable. There will always be the matter of face involved so having demanded money she will not back down and accept nothing but maybe a token payment of a few thousand baht (I got away with 5k in similar circumstances) will do the trick. Once you have an agreement between you, you only need to go the Amphur Office where the marriage was registered with both copies of the marriage certificate and it can be dealt with immediately.

Without agreement you will have to get lawyers involved which will cost a lot more in fees even if a large settlement isn't involved. Good luck.

thanks everybody for the replay.

im sure she will not want only 5000 thb, ahe will want more. the true, i dont want give her even 1 bht, because she dont deserve this. she is bad lady and i dont want give her. anyway she have motorbike, she want start new life, she can sell her motorbike and she can come back work same before - in the bar.

im sure she will not want only 5000 thb, ahe will want more. the true, i dont want give her even 1 bht, because she dont deserve this. she is bad lady and i dont want give her. anyway she have motorbike, she want start new life, she can sell her motorbike and she can come back work same before - in the bar.

well theres a surprise ;)

thanks everybody for the replay.

Seriously, just take off and give her nothing. What can she do?