Not Married With 1 Baby Visa Run

Rorycook

Please help me!

I've looked through many threads but I still don't have a clear picture with regards to my predicament..

I am living with my TGF and newborn baby in BKK, every 30 days I need to do a visa run, as most of you know this is very tedious especially when I feel I have a more valid reason than many for needing/wanting to stay here - to take care of my GF and baby!

I don't have a job but I am earning a decent living which is not dodgy at all - I'm just a small-time trader of Thai bits and pieces.

I want to know if I can get a longer stay visa at a sensible price, I have had a Non-B before but the second time I tried to obtain one I was told "Not easy get into Thailand now" this was at the Thai embassy in Kensington so since then I've had to fart around going to Hat Yai or Poi Pet.

Can someone give me detailed up-to-date costs and requirements or recommend me to a border where acquiring another Non-B is possible?

post-2188-1119559598_thumb.jpg

I don't have a job but I am earning a decent living which is not dodgy at all - I'm just a small-time trader of Thai bits and pieces.

If you have to leave every 30 days and you also trade in Thai bits and peices...

it is Dodgy..! :o

totster :D

If you can transfer 400,000 baht from a UK bank to a bank in Thailand, you can, with a Non-Immigrant O visa, get one year extensions based on support of a Thai child. You'd need to go to a Thai Embassy or Consulate abroad to get that visa, and take the birth certificate with you. Good luck.

Please elaborate Totster

Thanks

Rory

If you do not have a non immigrant visa, you do not have a work permit, and should not be working in Thailand. If you are working it is not legal and thus a dodgy situation.

You can not obtain a B visa at any border and never have been able to do so. If you ever obtained a visa in Hat Yai it was very much illegal. At a border all you, as a UK citizen, can receive is a 30 day entry without visa stamp. To obtain a B visa at a consulate anywhere in the world would require proof of employment in some form or other.

Pat has suggest you go, Penang is probably the best/cheapest place, overseas to obtain a non immigrant O visa on the basis of having a Thai child and to visit. You may be able to obtain a one year multi entry type which would give you up to 90 day entry each border run and if you have overseas income, or can find legal employment later you could extend that on an annual basis as Pat said using the procedure below (but be aware you may be required to have legal responsibility with a court order for this to be accepted) (if you marry the mother it would be easier):

Application for further stay for an alien father or mother to support children who are Thai Citizen

Required Documents

Immigration form 7

A copy of passport

A 4 cm. X 6 cm. Photograph

1,900 baht application fee

Evidence indicating the parental status; birth certificate or a judical Custody order of the child

Evidence presenting financial status:

Bank pass-book, bank statement certifying amount of money in the applicant's account, a certified documents of money transferring from oversea or evidence of income with related documents

A record of interviewing the applicant

The officials reserve the rights to examine or ask for additional documents if necessary

In most cases, the request will not be approved if the alien parents sponsor an adopted child who is a Thai citizen

Note

For more information, please call 0-2285-5148

Not to forget.. even if you have the Non Imm O... working (trading in Thai bits and peices) is illegal without a work permit ... and should you be caught or found out the consequences could be that you are seperated from your family in Thailand.... :o

You would be able to get a Work Permit with the "O" visa...., however you would also need to set up a company in Thailand to get the work permit.

Best to try and get legal ASAP IMHO.. :D

good luck..

Totster :D

btw... your baby looks lovely... you must feel very lucky.. even with the sleepless nights and nappy changing... all the best..

Edited by Totster

Thanks Totster, lots of good advice, one more thing please

I have heard various stories about starting up my own business, do you have a basic list of requirements and costs for this procedure?

Thanks in advance

Rory

You can try for a multiple entry O at Penang. That'll permit 90 day stays and is valid for a year.

Hi Dr Pat Pong, I've given in and am planning a trip to Penang in a weeks time, after reading several views and opinions on this forum I am still a little bit unclear whether or not I will qualify for a non-o visa, would it help if I took my sons birth certificate with me? Also, how long would I have to wait on Penang for the visa application?

You help is appreciated :-)

Rory

You can try for a multiple entry O at Penang. That'll permit 90 day stays and is valid for a year.

Hi Dr Pat Pong, I've given in and am planning a trip to Penang in a weeks time, after reading several views and opinions on this forum I am still a little bit unclear whether or not I will qualify for a non-o visa, would it help if I took my sons birth certificate with me? Also, how long would I have to wait on Penang for the visa application?

You help is appreciated :-)

Rory

See Lopburi3's post above... it outlines what you need to supply to the embassy to get the Non Imm O if supporting a child.

The only thing I'm not sure about is this

Evidence presenting financial status:

Bank pass-book, bank statement certifying amount of money in the applicant's account, a certified documents of money transferring from oversea or evidence of income with related documents

Is this needed to actually get the Non Imm O visa or just for getting a year extension..?.. and is there an certain amount you have to show..?

totster :o

I've checked the flight availabiity on AirAsia and I'm being quoted B4,100, is there any cheaper options? would it be cheaper to jsut turn up at the airport on the day?

Thanks

Rory

Never just turn up at the airport the flights will ALWAYS be more expensive, always buy your tickets from an agent before you fly :o

You'll need the birth certificate and taking the mum with you might help. Tha application should go in in the morning and the visa should be ready by early the next afternoon.

Good luck.

Thanks again Dr Pat Pong, more questions though..

Is the Thai consulate on Penang open on weekends?

Are visas guaranteed from any of the agents on Penang? I have read a few reports that some agencies in Pattaya guarantee??

One more thing, taking the mum with me is not an option, she is strickly Thai food only, shame no?

Thanks in advance

No weekend Consulates I'm afraid. The agents in Penang are good. You can search them on here. Forget agents in Pattaya. Without the mother, you may need to prove that you have custody.

How on earth can i prove custody? We are just living day-to-day in a private condo with no official residence or jobs.. :-( Or anything! :-)

Another thing, I read that you can pay agents 'overtime' fees for late applications, if I arrive Friday morning/lunchtime and submit my application will it be ready for pick-up on Monday?(or earlier - on the snide..)

Sorry Dr Pat Pong or anybody else that is looking, you didn't say whether the agents could guarantee an outcome...or did you by saying "The agents in Penang are good"

Thanks

Rory