Colonoscopy In Chiang Mai

Andreas84

Hope all goes well.

last time i had one as i have them every 3 years they always seem to find a couple of 6mm pollops.

Wish they would stop growing.

I woke at the end and saw inside me on the monitor.

Boy was that a strange sight.

Hope all goes well.

last time i had one as i have them every 3 years they always seem to find a couple of 6mm pollops.

Wish they would stop growing.

I woke at the end and saw inside me on the monitor.

Boy was that a strange sight.

where did you have it/where would you recommend to have it done?

Hi,

I've had colonoscopies at both the Ram & the Rajaveg (bad spelling)

The care was brilliant at both hospitals, but the Rajaveg is half the price & if you do have insurance you won't have half the battle that you would have at the Ram to get proceedure paid for, also the pharmasy at the Ram is probably the one of the biggerst scams going in the country!!!... And I couldn't care less that this does go in writing.

Go to the Rajaveg

Hi,

The care was brilliant at both hospitals, but the Rajaveg is half the price & if you do have insurance you won't have half the battle that you would have at the Ram to get proceedure paid for, also the pharmasy at the Ram is probably the one of the biggerst scams going in the country!!!... And I couldn't care less that this does go in writing.

Go to the Rajaveg

Thanks! Rajavej is about 12.000 bath?

Hi,

Go to the Rajaveg

Thanks! Rajavej is about 12.000 bath?

Had a colonoscopy at Ram two months ago. Took 90 minutes from check-in, & was put out so don't remember a thing. Cost including medications for at-home prep was 12 000 baht, & got a lovely photo album of my interiors. What more could one ask for ??!! Use a good barrier cream on your bum before starting the home prep & there will be none of that awful burning. blink.gif

If the Ram is 12K then it is worth doing it there,as brommers said you will get your interior printed out in color.

At Rajavej, it is about 12K but only report on paper no picture. It is good to have the print out for the future reference.

By the way, if they find nothing wrong internally with you at RAm and then tell you to get it done every 3 years...it is another scams.

the pharmasy at the Ram is probably the one of the biggerst scams going in the country!

I have read this before on the Internet, but it has not been my experience at RAM.

A few weeks ago I was prescribed some pain medicine that can only be prescribed at a hospital and I was really upset to find out that the bill was around 1,000 baht which seemed way too much to me.

I thought to myself, maybe those guys on Thai Visa really do know what they are talking about and refused half of the pills even though I was afraid that I might need them (I didn't it turned out).  When I went to pay the bill, it was almost the same price and I realized that it was not just for the medicine, but also for the procedure that I had undergone and the medicine cost just pennies. Maybe I have just been lucky, but other medicine that I have bought there was only slightly more than the price at a pharmacy. 

• Like 1

If the Ram is 12K then it is worth doing it there,as brommers said you will get your interior printed out in color.

At Rajavej, it is about 12K but only report on paper no picture. It is good to have the print out for the future reference.

By the way, if they find nothing wrong internally with you at RAm and then tell you to get it done every 3 years...it is another scams.

Yes, that's true you don't get the colour CD at Rajavej....which is useful to have.

So far I have seen the medical bills from Ram, It is a minimal double of the price you can get outside.

The worst one was medication for chronic infectious disease, they are triple of the price and yes with 10% discount, it works out to be 250% profit.

Ram is great hospital just not a good place to get medication.

Edited by PMNL

I went to CM Ram today, and they said estimated cost was about 15.000 baht (could not give the exact price). That is about 3.000 baht more than at rajavej, but is probably worth it for the colour photos (for future reference)

Does anyone know the price for colonoscopy at Sripat?

At Sriphat costs13K without the color picture.

The photo is good for the future reference but 3000 is a bit too much for just a few photos.

They will give you a full report with all explanation plus pathology report(if there is).

If money is not matter,Ram is a good choice.

If you do not want to waste a couple thousands then Rajavej seems to be better.(in my opinion)

Edited by PMNL

I went to CM Ram today, and they said estimated cost was about 15.000 baht (could not give the exact price). That is about 3.000 baht more than at rajavej, but is probably worth it for the colour photos (for future reference)

Your giving out erroneous info on Rajavej. Asd a result of reading this forum, I contacted them by email using references in this forum because I'm in the market for one. Here is there written reply:

Dr. Kannika is available for clinical consultations on Wednesdays at 9:30 am. Dr. Jeerasak, also a gastroenterologist, is available on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 9:am till 12:noon. A colonoscopy with anesthesia is about 15,000 - 17,000 baht as an out patient. This would include the doctor's fee and biopsy.

If you have any more questions or would like to make an appointment, please feel free to call me or write an email.

I hope you have a nice day!

Kind regards,

Saskia.

Sirpat has a real reasonable price for both colon and stomach tests. There is a Dr. in the clinic there that speaks perfect English and does the work on Saturdays. My wife had both scoping done and polyps removed for around 17,000 Bht.

Your giving out erroneous info on Rajavej. Asd a result of reading this forum, I contacted them by email using references in this forum because I'm in the market for one. Here is there written reply:

Dr. Kannika is available for clinical consultations on Wednesdays at 9:30 am.  Dr. Jeerasak, also a gastroenterologist, is available on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 9:am till 12:noon. A colonoscopy with anesthesia is about 15,000 - 17,000 baht as an out patient.  This would include the doctor's fee and biopsy.

If you have any more questions or would like to make an appointment, please feel free to call me or write an email.

Kind regards,

Saskia.

Sirpat has a real reasonable price for both colon and stomach tests. There is a Dr. in the clinic there that speaks perfect English and does the work on Saturdays. My wife had both scoping done and polyps removed for around 17,000 Bht.

Hi,

thanks for posting this! Someone else on this forum said Rajavej was 12.000, so I assumed it was correct  and stated it as a fact without having checked it myself. Good you made it clear.

Dr. Kannika is available for clinical consultations on Wednesdays at 9:30 am. Dr. Jeerasak, also a gastroenterologist, is available on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 9:am till 12:noon. A colonoscopy with anesthesia is about 15,000 - 17,000 baht as an out patient. This would include the doctor's fee and biopsy.

Kind regards,

Saskia.

Hi,

thanks for posting this! Someone else on this forum said Rajavej was 12.000, so I assumed it was correct and stated it as a fact without having checked it myself. Good you made it clear.

Never assume the prices a person paid will be the same at time of posting - they change like the wind.

So, now you've done your research...made a decision yet?

Andrea,

The price Lifer mentioned is the price for A colonoscopy with anesthesia is about 15,000 - 17,000 baht

The price I mentioned is the price under Valium and Morphine, which is common practice.

If you are afraid to get hurt and want the procedure to be smooth as a sweat dream then choose the option with anesthesia.

You may send an email to ask them how much does it cost without anesthesia. I do not earn any out of promoting them them just want to provide the information right.

[/quote uptheos]

Never assume  the prices a person paid will be the same at time of posting - they change like the wind.

So, now you've done your research...made a decision yet?

Have not made a decision yet, because I am not sure if I really need a colonoscopy. It is quite expensive. The reason why I wanted to take colonoscopy, is that for the last 5 weeks or so, I have been defecating 3-4 times pr day... The condition has not really improved, and I do not know why this is happening. I've seen a doctor twice, and taken stool samples. No parasites, no red blood cells or white blood cells in the shit (the latter could indicate I was fighting an infection). From various sources I have understood this condition could be due to a variety of reasons, but if it does not improve in a few weeks, maybe I'll do a colonoscopy anyway. The doctor said he does not think colonoscopy is needed. I was so fed up with the condition, that I thought I should do a colonoscopy, but the prices gave me second thoughts...

I discussed this condtion in a different thread, which can be found here: