Ios 4 Due Out Today

anotheruser

It's Released now. 378mb downloading now.

Ref Whats new over a 100 new things but main:

MultiTasking

Folders For Apps

Focus in Video

5x Digital Zoom

iBooks

Much better Mail Program

Spell Checker

Gift Apps

Create Playlists on phone

Home Screen Wallpapers

Faces in Photos

Wireless keyboard BT Support

Too name but a few... :)

Actually that is not correct. It is available for the iPhone 3G and 3GS with some limitations on the 3G model.

Sorry, you are right. I missed the 3G. I also forgot to mention the iPod touch 3G and later And yeah it is available now.

Edited by anotheruser

I hope that the bluetooth gets an upgrade too. I was at a pub on Saturday night and a friend wanted to share a photo. There was a Blackberry, an old Nokia, a HTC Desire, an iPhone 3G and an iPhone 3GS. We all switched on our bluetooth. The HTC, Nokia and Blackberry all connected. Neither iPhone found anyone (including the other iPhone!!). Crap.

I hope that the bluetooth gets an upgrade too. I was at a pub on Saturday night and a friend wanted to share a photo. There was a Blackberry, an old Nokia, a HTC Desire, an iPhone 3G and an iPhone 3GS. We all switched on our bluetooth. The HTC, Nokia and Blackberry all connected. Neither iPhone found anyone (including the other iPhone!!). Crap.

Should have them email the photo to you. Very simple.

iPhone doesn't do file transfer over Bluetooth. Probably because it's so complicated, have to authorize etc.

Motherf*cker. Was installing OS4 and, at the last stage my Mrs. phoned and the download crapped out. The system started again and this time completed but all my apps have gone! All free and purchased bloody apps are gone! How can I get the apps I've purchased?

sorry to hear that Mick. surely you can just download them again! shouldnt have to pay again as you have paid the first time round.

I have been trying to updat to the new OS but no luck, i think 5 times now the system has stopped before its reached the end and told me to try later. I guess there are a few more people out there trying to download as well which is jamming the download!

yeah Mick, that was strange. I am having doubts about upgrading to the new iPhone, I may go HTC. Frankyboy seems very pleased with it.

Cheers OnNut. I just went into the App Store and searched for an app the I remembered and went through the process as if I was going to purchase it again. At the last stage it said that I had already purchased it and allowed me to download it again for free. Also a pain as the all my music and pictures have been removed from the phone as well. How much is that HTC Desire?

The iphone has NEVER allowed bluetooth connection to share files, its never been one of its features, period. They expect you to email it. Stupid yes I know but that is the way it is setup.

You should have had a backup in itunes of your old iphone setup, when you sync again it should ask you if you want to restore from backup, you probably clicked NO and lost all songs and apps etc.

Cheers OnNut. I just went into the App Store and searched for an app the I remembered and went through the process as if I was going to purchase it again. At the last stage it said that I had already purchased it and allowed me to download it again for free. Also a pain as the all my music and pictures have been removed from the phone as well. How much is that HTC Desire?

Moral of the story - don't let your phone near your wife, or vice-versa

It was (kind of) my fault. I've had the phone about a year now and lots of apps/music/photos. The PC I had it synced to 'blew up' and I had to get a new PC. When I connected my phone to the new PC the syncing message said something like 'have to remove all apps from the phone before syncing' (or something like that) So I canceled the sync. I know all about the importance of back ups, so no lecturing please. I have an external back up drive of all my work and images together with a memory card and online copies on our web server. I just messed up with this stupid iTunes crap. My fault, end of story. Now back to OS4....

Is anyone using an unlocked and jailbroken 3GS with the new software? If so, could you tell me what you used to jailbreak it?

My understanding after reading everything was that ultrasn0w is the carrier unlocked, but redsn0w is only jailbreaking the 3G and 2G.

Hi

My 3G is gone mad after update to IOS4, so slow that i cant use it right now, :realangry:

Did you jailbreak and enabled multitask?

Hi

Its not a jailbreak its an unlocked, and its not good today, wish i never upgraded, so slow and freeze when incoming calls, apple logo comes on and you cant do anything, dam_n phone 3G

I bought it unlocked, never been locked

it still frezee now and again, not everytime, and still slow. :angry:

Just found this

iPhone 3G owners trying to upgrade to iOS 4 are reporting numerous issues with the update process, including updates that take hours and failed updates resulting in the sinister error 3002. Fortunately, though, there are ways to get around both by restoring your iPhone 3G instead of updating it.

Thanks Apple making sure everything works before you put it public :annoyed:

Edited by HDRIDER