Ios 4 Due Out Today

anotheruser

Hi

Yes a lot of problems, god dam_n apple mine keep going back to apple logo and then after a while home screen comes on, also when i try some app it will frezee, cant believe they can send something like that on the market, this is the 3G model any other have this problem with 3G, i can see on the net i am not the only one. if i reset i will loose all my photos on the phone and have to start from scratch, dont want that :angry:

Is anyone using an unlocked and jailbroken 3GS with the new software? If so, could you tell me what you used to jailbreak it?

My understanding after reading everything was that ultrasn0w is the carrier unlocked, but redsn0w is only jailbreaking the 3G and 2G.

I have just purchased the unlock from iphoneunlock uk , it should be working today just waiting for download instructions 3GS on .ver4

mine is a 3G, i want my 3.1.3 back but how??

Sorry to tell you that you are out of luck with the downgrade. :(

Hi

Yes i dont know what to do, i am using my good old Omnia now, iphone just don’t work half the time it keep freezing and can’t answer calls, every time when i try to slide it freeze, how can they get away with this, i wish i had read the net before i upgraded, at least my GF did not upgrade yet.

Hi

Yes i dont know what to do, i am using my good old Omnia now, iphone just don’t work half the time it keep freezing and can’t answer calls, every time when i try to slide it freeze, how can they get away with this, i wish i had read the net before i upgraded, at least my GF did not upgrade yet.

You can do it but you'll lose all your data: Downgrade iOS 4 to 3.1.3 on iPhone/iPod Touch | Downgrade iOS4 on iPhone | Downgrade iPhone

Hi

Yes i dont know what to do, i am using my good old Omnia now, iphone just don't work half the time it keep freezing and can't answer calls, every time when i try to slide it freeze, how can they get away with this, i wish i had read the net before i upgraded, at least my GF did not upgrade yet.

You can do it but you'll lose all your data: Downgrade iOS 4 to 3.1.3 on iPhone/iPod Touch | Downgrade iOS4 on iPhone | Downgrade iPhone

Nope he was never jailbroken before hence i am afraid he can't do that :(

Well HDrider looks like i was wrong and you can probably downgrade on the 3G but the above method will not work because it is meant for previously jailbroken devices.

You will probably loose you data but if your phone is really unusable..... google around and you will find instructions.

just upgraded my 3gs to ios4, i'm noticing some lag? anyone else?

If i restore or do a reset will it solve the problem?

Thanks

It might solve the problem. I have a 3G and ios 4 was super slow for me. I downgraded to 3.1.3 again and it's back to normal speed for me! I thought the 3GS would run ios 4 smoothly though, so I don't know x-x

hmm no idea then! i mean its not like its so unbearable i can't use it, its just not as smooth as i would like but no matter, nothing is perfect, i'm selling it off anyway to get the iphone 4 ( thats another question, anyone know when its heading this way?)

Cheers

I noticed a lot of people have issues with wifi, bluetooth, and generally bricking their phones during updates (going back to 3.0). Though I should probably create a blog post, here's my online contribution : )

I attempted to upgrade my 3GS, 4.11.07 baseband, 3.1.2 to iOS4 on OSX with iTunes 9.2. Ended up with no wifi, bluetooth, always searching. No matter how I tried to restore, the phone wouldn't recover (was stuck on searching). Updated plists so Apple / iTunes "would" sign 3.1.2 downgrade (iTunes 9.2 will not in stock form). Upgraded to 4.0, down to 3.1.3, 3.1.2, and every combination for 3 days. Used IPSW's I created from pwnage, that others created, and so on. In Settings - General - About there was no WIFI, BT, IMEI, ICCID, Firmware. Loaded on Windows (Parallels) with iTunes 9, thinking OSX/9.2 was causing a problem.

Since Ultrasnow (unlock) supports all the basebands, decided to restore an official 3.1.2 using Cyder2 for Windows (transfer Cydia stuff via USB). Grabbed my SHSH file from Cydia first. Loaded up iReb (Windows) and noticed my Mac and iPhone were stating different versions - IMEI was different than what my SHS file was. Fixed those then flashed the baseband, which failed. So, reading about basebands I tried resetting it (Selize has an article): loaded baseband files from 3.1.2 and tried to set them through mobile terminal = failed. So, since everything worked before the upgrade I concluded my baseband became corrupted.

So, the only way to completely clear and fix a baseband is to actually update it - wipe the existing one out completely. Downloaded an activated, upgraded baseband from a website (not sure if we can post links here) with iOS4, Cydia. Still couldn't install through OSX but loaded fine with WinXP/iTunes 9.

In searching for an answer, it appears this is quite common. 4.01 should be out soon, but given this has gone back to at least 3.0 though I'd post it somewhere. Hopefully Google indexes it.