Gold Certificates

I have a lot of gold, in coins, in the US. I think they are going to stop allowing us to own gold soon, maybe after this G8 summit [probably some of Europe also], but likely in the next year. I would like to get it out of the states, or sell it. I hate to sell it since I will have to pay tax but i dont know any other way unless I can trade them for certificates. If I sell I would like to buy Perth gold certificates or GLD stock. Researching I understand they are both solid, does anyone have any experience with them?

interesting article

Gold - Credit Suisse: $1,500 gold coming soon

Dont jump the gun there partner ;)

Realize that it is a worldwide commodity & the likelihood of it being outlawed is infinitesimal.

Yes it happened before but at that time it was US tender so they had the right to call it back in. But even then very few handed theirs in & none were ever prosecuted for not doing so.

Sell if you like but now your talking taxes....why? Do you need to unload a ton at a time?

Do you think the million who sell on Ebay or in coin shops in lots under 5-10k pay taxes?

Lastly paper gold??? GLD etc? if gambling in short spurts have at it but do not expect the same security the physical promises. IOU's need only be settled in fiat