Thaksin To Overhaul Thailand's Economic Structure

george

Personally I liken Thaksin to the energizer bunny, unscathed he just keeps on going.    Boogie on, Boogie on big brother. 

And I thought I'd never see anything more bizzare than watching headless chickens running around on my uncle's farm. A prime minister has beat them to it. :o

Someone please fax RAF Hendon and have them lock the hanger doors for the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight - if they don't, some of those Thai Muslims owning large chuinks of EngLAND may just steal the Lancaster to bomb Taksin's dams.

After all, no use in having ThaiLAND if it's all hidden under the water used to wash the dirty money from the vested interests, double standards, and authorised drug running.

One thing is for sure, the Thai economy is in far worse shape than many people believe. It is not just the fuel subsidies that are hurting this economy! Sad to see that our Thai friends have been all to eager to allow the Chinese to take over whatevermanufacturing capacity they had and are all to eager to accept the role of turning Bangkok into a shophouse for China. Don't suppose the amount of influential Thai/Chinese has much to do with that?

As for the THB/USD rate get ready for 50 to the dollar in the next 2/3 months.

Somewhat related topic.

Can someone explain to me about the relationship between Chinese, Thai, and Western currencies.

For example, WHEN the Chinese finally allow some float and their currency strengthens versus the dollar, what would that do to Thai baht vs US dollar rates, and why?

Somewhat related topic.

Can someone explain to me about the relationship between Chinese, Thai, and Western currencies.

For example, WHEN the Chinese finally allow some float and their currency strengthens versus the dollar, what would that do to Thai baht vs US dollar rates, and why?

No one can accurately predict what exactly will happen. If they could they would surely earn the Nobel prize in economics. There is nothing directly connecting the three currencies. It is probably best to think about what effect the Chinese float will have on the world economy and then try to predict what will happen in the US and Thailand.....and everywhere else for that matter...and then you can make a guess as to what the dollar to baht exchange will do. These things are INCREDIBLY complicated and not very predictable.

But to make an overly simplistic prediction which should be viewed with ultimate synicism....if the Chinese float, then their products will be more expensive overseas and countries importing alot from China (the US for example) will start to look to other countries for their imports.....countries like Thailand for example. This should boost exports from Thailand which should strengthen the Thai economy which would mean a stronger baht. But you must remember that if the Chinese float then this means that US goods and services will become cheaper in China and this could strengthen the US economy...which in turn should strengthen the US dollar......so there you have it....strengthening baht and strengthening dollar at the same time.....which will strengthen the most?...the fastest?....the longest?....I don't know but I'm sure that alot of those financial geniuses who post on TV from time to time will tell you.