Dulwich International School No More

george

To suzannejames: not only are you off topic, but George would have to remove any helpful replies to you as being potentially libellous!!

The sort of insight you are asking people to share can't be defended by a Forum Moderator against a claim that it is libellous. The only defence against a libel action would be that only the truth has been written. And George can't be sure that what one of us says about our experience of a school is true.

So I think your posting should have ended with a request for anybody who has observations to make to PM you.

(Please check your messages!!)

To suzannejames: not only are you off topic, but George would have to remove any helpful replies to you as being potentially libellous!!

The sort of insight you are asking people to share can't be defended by a Forum Moderator against a claim that it is libellous. The only defence against a libel action would be that only the truth has been written. And George can't be sure that what one of us says about our experience of a school is true.

So I think your posting should have ended with a request for anybody who has observations to make to PM you.

(Please check your messages!!)

Interesting post. Are Igotworm's comments potentially libellous in the manner you are describing and should they, then not be allowed. Let me clarify...I have no problems with Igotworm's posts...none at all...I'm just using them as a test case for your idea. It seems to me that it would be acceptable to reply to her with our opinions about the quality of schools. Seems to me that these types of opinions are shared quite often here...or perhaps I'm missing something.

I was thinking back to how George felt he should remove darsie's observations about what darsie thought lay behind the Dulwich franchise-finalization drama.

I notice that the Channel 11 interviewer/reporter had been going to ask about "the London inspection". But I can't hear the question or any reply on the video clip. Interesting.

As to how the forum stands, re libel, if one of us slags off a money-making business, I would be interested to see what George, and/or others feel. Maybe this sort of forum has now been around long enough for some court somewhere to have been called upon to make a ruling.

I was thinking back to how George felt he should remove darsie's observations about what darsie thought lay behind the Dulwich franchise-finalization drama.

I notice that the Channel 11 interviewer/reporter had been going to ask about "the London inspection". But I can't hear the question or any reply on the video clip. Interesting.

As to how the forum stands, re libel, if one of us slags off a money-making business, I would be interested to see what George, and/or others feel. Maybe this sort of forum has now been around long enough for some court somewhere to have been called upon to make a ruling.

I think that George's concern was focused directly on the letigious possibilities of the moment in regards to Dulwich and its franchise in Thailand. I don't think its a problem to discuss quality of service for any business or school in normal times...i.e. there is no ongoing discussion of problems that are likely or could possibly go to court. In other words in my opinion you can feel free to post your opinions on schools....as many have done and are doing regularly on TV.

All of the discussion above makes for thoughtful reading and consideration.

I've asked before and I'm asking again, especially so in that you all seem to be aware of the diversity of credentials, reputation vs. real instruction, etc.: is their input any of you are able to share regarding secondary level schools?

I've researched and asked questions on many forums, including this one, but so far there have been no responses other than to do my research and to take a look at Chiang Mai.

We are a family of three consisting of me, mom; one son, 8th grade; and my other son, 10th grade.

I know I have do do the assessment of school quality on my own, but opinions are considered, valued and appreciated.

:o Uncertainties and decisions await us on most fronts.  I'd just like some ideas..

Living near the sea will help preserve my sanity.  I'm excited, hopeful and somewhat scared.  My touchstone is my oldest son who lives in Bangkok.

I apologize if this is off-topic.  I'm a bit desperate for absorbing others' thoughts and opinions.  Seemingly, you all have experience living in the LOS.

Thanks.

sj

Here's a website containing list of international schools in Thailand. The only quality secondary school in the south is British International School (formerly known as Dulwich International College) which is located in Phuket. There are many good schools in Bangkok as well. Good luck.

http://www.isat.or.th/member_schools.asp