What To Bring To Thailand That You Can Not Buy There

garyh

We are moving to Thailand in 3 to 6 months from Australia, I have seen some people say you can not buy an Australian style gas BBQ in Thailand. Is there any other things like this that you can suggest.

Getting quotes at the moment to bring in a 20' container with our household goods etc. The information I have say's we will not have to pay duty on most items as my Thai wife has lived in Australia for the last 6 years and all shipping will be done in her name to avoid duty. Also the goods have to be used so better to buy them now rather than wait till the last minute.

• Like 1

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In answer to the title question:

Love

Sanity

peace of mind

If you pack those you'll be fine. If you look for them here, well, let me direct you to an balcony of suitable elevation. :(

In answer to the title question:

Love

Sanity

peace of mind

If you pack those you'll be fine. If you look for them here, well, let me direct you to an balcony of suitable elevation. :(

you forgot a seance of humour, and a bit of servility,

I have spent plenty of time in Thailand, so for the psychology advice I will be fine thanks.

Gary, I suggest you bring your washing machine mate. ;)

Thanks James, I will remember jap.gif I have a very nice 10 KG LG Front Loader, would not want one of those Thai top loaders that tangle all the long sleeves together.

I see some one advertising trampolines on TV classifieds, I guess you can not buy them in the shops there.

I have spent plenty of time in Thailand, so for the psychology advice I will be fine thanks.

Gary, I suggest you bring your washing machine mate. ;)

Are you as unbearable as this guy laugh.gif

post-845-087581400 1277276154_thumb.jpg

Edited by garyh

Lots of choice for washing machines here (in Bkk).

BBQ's: There is a good (Gas) BBQ shop on Sukhumvit 39 called 'The BBQ Store' (do a google search for BBQ Thailand).

Although you might not have to pay tax, it's possible that you may be faced with an exorbitant 'inspection fee' as I have read on other import threads.

One thing I am looking for: 'George Forman Grill' or a decent similar styled one... I can't find a reasonable one anywhere (i.e. at Emporium).

BBQ's: There is a good (Gas) BBQ shop on Sukhumvit 39 called 'The BBQ Store' (do a google search for BBQ Thailand).

Although you might not have to pay tax, it's possible that you may be faced with an exorbitant 'inspection fee' as I have read on other import threads.

One thing I am looking for: 'George Forman Grill' or a decent similar styled one... I can't find a reasonable one anywhere (i.e. at Emporium).

sorry to get you all off on a tangent regarding the washing machines. think back a few weeks about the OP's Maytag repairman qualifications and hence my reply. 

When i finally make the move i will be bringing enough footwear in my size (12 /13) . Very difficult to find that size even in falung areas such as Pattaya.

Also if you are a gardener like me i would be bringing some decent tools such as shovels, secretars ,long handled pruners etc. I am particular about the quality of my working tools tho. There are probably other "handyman tools " that i will need too.

Can't think of anything else that Oz has that LoS hasn't.

Electronic stuff is usually cheaper anywhere else but Thailand. I'd bring cameras, laptop computers, GPS and anything small enough to carry. I'd forget trying to bring large stuff. The shipping cost will make it prohibitive.

Electronic stuff is usually cheaper anywhere else but Thailand. I'd bring cameras, laptop computers, GPS and anything small enough to carry. I'd forget trying to bring large stuff. The shipping cost will make it prohibitive.

So you are saying leave the pet Grizzly bear at home?

[You can get all that here (except perhaps your shoes), the only thing l cannot find is a conventional wood plane/quote]

I know u can buy cheap , crappy gardening tools in Thailand, but i meant quality tools but like i said i am particular about quality. I have used the digging implements the Thais use and they make a hard job even harder.

I think i have seen Wood planes (Record brand ) in that Hardware store opp Tesco in Sukhumvit Road in Pattaya. I think it True Value Hardware. I was surprised by the quality of stuff they carried, but shitty gardening tools .

You are not gonna give top of the line gardening tools to your gardener are you? Don't be silly

I am on of those people who can't help myself and believe in if you want a job done right then do it yourself.

And i am one of those old fashioned tradesmen who don't like lending my tools so i keep the best for myself.

You are not gonna give top of the line gardening tools to your gardener are you? Don't be silly

I am on of those people  who can't help myself and believe in if you want a job done right then do it yourself.

And i am one of those old fashioned tradesmen who don't like lending my tools so i keep the best for myself.

Ok Mate:

Do you have a pair of vice grips I can borrow? ;)

Just saw George Foreman grill at a yardsale the other day for 10 dollars US