Ruam Chok (Market And/Or Intersection) By Public Transport?

JBB

Hi

I am wondering if anyone here knows how to get to Ruam Chok market (or the Ruam Chok intersection) by public transport from Nimmanhaemin?

I will be needing to get there quite regularly, but dont own a car nor bike and am not particularly keen to.

I think I can catch a songthaew to Warrarot Market and then catch a green songthaew from there, but not sure how easy it will be to get back again.

Any ideas?

Find a friendly TukTuk driver. May cost you double the Songtaew price, but for 40/50baht extra each way its got to be worth it.

40/50/baht each way. Your dreaming. :lol:

40/50 Baht extra each way, making it 80/100 Baht each way, with a regular Tuk Tuk. 

Find a friendly TukTuk driver. May cost you double the Songtaew price, but for 40/50baht extra each way its got to be worth it.

40/50 Baht extra each way, making it 80/100 Baht each way, with a regular Tuk Tuk.

Thanks for the advice.

Wow, 200 Baht each day is going to end up being quite a pricey option. How much should the green songtaew there cost? And where in central Chiang Mai do I catch it from? I heard suggestions of Warrarot Market?

Thanks for the advice.

Wow, 200 Baht each day is going to end up being quite a pricey option. How much should the green songtaew there cost? And where in central Chiang Mai do I catch it from? I heard suggestions of Warrarot Market?

Warrarot Market to MC about 20 to 30 baht each way. Doi Saket to Warrort Market which is 25 km is 30 baht each way.

Not a chance for that price. And you will have to call a tuk tuk driver to come and get you because they don't "hang out" around here. (I live right near there). Songtaews from Warorot Market to Ruam Chok Market are easy, plentiful, and cheap (17 Baht), however going in the opposite direction; not so easy. More than perhaps 65% of the songtaews coming from Mae Jo are full with boxes of merchandise, baskets of produce, and students to the point that they are hanging off the back. When I first moved here I often had to wait more than 60-70 minutes for a ride into town. I soon got a car!

Better come up with an alternative plan getting back to the city.