Tourist Attractions In Chiagrai

lanky

I am planning to spend a weekend up in chiangrai wish to know what are some of the interesting things to see I know about the white temple looking something like nice waterfall or other tourist attraction places in chiangrai and also do they any good golf courses

thanks

Here are a few I recently listed in another thread.

1. Rai Mae Fa Luang

2. Black Village

3. White temple

4. Doi Tung

5. Doi Mae Salong

6. Doi Chaang

7. Doi Wawee

8. Chiang Saen Lake

9. Phu Chi Faa

10. Pha Tang

11. Pha Dai

12. Hot springs

13. Elephant camp

14. Khun Kon Waterfall and many others.

There are a few golf courses and everything can be found on the pinned Google Map. Go take a look.

Lanky, are you going to have transportation while you are here or will you depend on hired transport? How far out are you willing to go?

There are lots of websites about the tourist places offered in and around CR and of course, lots of reviews on some of those sites.

Lots of brochures are available in the hotels once you hit town.

Plenty of guides available if you need one.

I'm not really sure what a tourist site is around here. Most of the stuff that I find interesting is just everyday life stuff that I run across. Some of the recommended tourist things seem more about exploiting people so I don't pay attention to those.

If you are here on Saturday night, there is the walking street festival. It will, of course, rain on that parade but some stalls will open up between cloud-bursts anyway. Lots of food stands there as well.

Some nice parks are here. Some decent river walks.

The old CR jail is worth the tour.

The hot springs outside of town is worth an afternoon but it is a dangerous mountain drive to get there.

Check out the restaurant thread for good eating places.

Which hot springs are they?

The ones out past Doi Hang have a good road all the way and have swimming and bathing facilities.

That's the ones.

The quality of the road surface is fine but the switchbacks and blind curves offer plenty of room for trouble. Drunk drivers excluded, lots of people tend to come through the curves in a lane other than their own. We were almost run over by a school bus at one switchback and the guy made no attempt to slow down or avoid us. He just left it to us to get the hel_l out of his way and I nearly wrecked the car doing just that and all of that with me going into the thing slow and expecting the unexpected.

Anyway, the springs area is a nice place spend an afternoon.

You can stop at Will27's house also, he's always pleased to see visitors... :)

I see what you mean, I suppose coming from a country where any road not riddled with pot holes is classed as "good to excellent" clouds my judgement a little.

You can stop at Will27's house also, he's always pleased to see visitors... :)

I see what you mean, I suppose coming from a country where any road not riddled with pot holes is classed as "good to excellent" clouds my judgement a little.

Thanks for that mate :-)

I quite enjoy the hot springs and don't find the

roads there that bad.

Having said that, I'm usually on the back of the

Honda with the eyes closed.

W

I prefer the non commercial hot springs a little further down the road. Let's put Will27's house on the map and then everyone can stop by unannounced. ;)

Just be aware that I have dual pricing entry fees for farangs

:)

Will

I prefer the non commercial hot springs a little further down the road. Let's put Will27's house on the map and then everyone can stop by unannounced. ;)

Will

The view from your front lawn is well worth it Will, a tourist attraction in itself.

IMG_1193-1.jpg

IMG_1194-1.jpg

Edited by sceadugenga

Will

The view from your front lawn is well worth it Will, a tourist attraction in itself.

Thanks mate.

I might have to increase my fees :-)

W

Will

Thanks mate.

W

Do you give discounts with a Thai driver's license? What about reciprocal free visits?

Will

Thanks mate.

Do you give discounts with a Thai driver's license? What about reciprocal free visits?

How many coldies is the local falang rate.

Will

Thanks mate.

W

Sorry VF, the only discounts are for Aussies :-)

Reciprocated free visits.......my out- laws live in your Amphur so

I try and avoid it.

I'm only serious :-)

Regards

Will

Will

Thanks mate.

How many coldies is the local falang rate.

Harry, that depends on the quality of the beers

you bring :-)

Edited by Will27

Sorry VF, the only discounts are for Aussies :-)

Reciprocated free visits.......my out- laws live in your Amphur so

I try and avoid it.

I'm only serious :-)

Regards

Will

Well now I'm seriously hurt and may need to boycott your establishment. ;)