Visa On Arrival Extension?

Foreigners who enter the Kingdom under the Tourist Visa Exemption category may re-enter and stay in Thailand for a cumulative duration of stay of not exceeding 90 days within any 6-month period from the date of first entry.

ist possible to stay for 30+30 days having the "visa on arrival"? should I exit and reenter to get other 30 dats?

thanks

lave

Your quote is wrong as that rule was replaced over a year ago - there is currently no restrictions on the number of days in any period of time.

30 days would be a visa exempt entry by air - not a visa on arrival. Each entry by air would be 30 days but by land only 15 days.

Yes you must exit to get another visa exempt entry.

<br />Your quote is wrong as that rule was replaced over a year ago - there is currently no restrictions on the number of days in any period of time.<br /><br />30 days would be a visa exempt entry by air - not a visa on arrival.  Each entry by air would be 30 days but by land only 15 days.<br /><br />Yes you must exit to get another visa exempt entry.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Is it possible to extend the visa exempt entry at immigration if married to a Thai. Currently I'm on a non O which I extended at Khon Kaen for 60 days. This runs out on 2nd July and I'll be leaving Thailand by end of July so only have to cover 1 month. Trying to find easiest & cheapest way to get that month. Current plan is to go to Veintaine and get a free tourist visa, but if I can cut out having to stay in Veintaine it would make life easier

Cheers

You can extend an entry but not an extension of stay (you can not continue to get 60 day extensions of stay back-to-back). As you say you now have such an extension you would have to leave and return to get a new stay so a tourist visa (free) would seem your best option. A new 60 day extension would cost more than an overnight in Vientiane. You could also do two border crossings but that again would cost two visa fees for Laos.

Thanks for quick reply lopburi. Think I'll go the route of a quick u-turn next week for a 15 day entry and get a 60 day extension later. Don't really fancy staying in Veintaine.

Cheers

Why not? I've never heard or read any bad comments about the place. Thailand is not the world nor is it even South East Asia.

You will find it hard to get a tourist visa after finishing a 1 year non"O" based on marriage.

I had this problem in India where i was working last year.

There was a gap in work but my non "O" had expired.

So thinking i could get a tourist visa, off to the Thai consulate in Mumbai i went.

After wasting 3 days and a few trips i was told that i had to apply for another 1 year non"O".

I needed all relevant docs and bank book to show cash in account.

I ended up going back to UK on quick trip as i have marriage cert copies there.

These are now scanned and on my laptop.

<br />
<br />Thanks for quick reply lopburi. Think I'll go the route of a quick u-turn next week for a 15 day entry and get a 60 day extension later. Don't really fancy staying in Veintaine.<br /><br />Cheers<br />
<br />Why not? I've never heard or read any bad comments about the place. Thailand is not the world nor is it even South East Asia.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Perhaps I could have said that better. There is nothing wrong with Veintaine, I've been a couple of times and enjoyed it. However I'm a lazy bugger that does not like staying in hotels and I just don't fancy the trip at the moment. I've lived in SEA for the last 28 years and only the last 9 in Thailand, so I know there's more out there than som tam and lao khao.

You will find it hard to get a tourist visa after finishing a 1 year non"O" based on marriage.

I had this problem in India where i was working last year.

There was a gap in work but my non "O" had expired.

So thinking i could get a tourist visa, off to the Thai consulate in Mumbai i went.

After wasting 3 days and a few trips i was told that i had to apply for another 1 year non"O".

I needed all relevant docs and bank book to show cash in account.

I ended up going back to UK on quick trip as i have marriage cert copies there.

These are now scanned and on my laptop.

There would not be any problem at all getting a tourist visa. What happened to you in the past at an entirely different location is not relivent today in Vientiane and is not general policy.

• 1 year later...

Really. For this extension the kind of visa or mode of entering doesn't matter.

You will have to take your wife with you, and her ID-card and household registration and wedding certificate. Use the immigration office for the area your wife is registered (or lf living soemwhere else, a rental contract or such to rpoof she lives there). Best call the immigration office you will be using to seek what they require at that office.