Overstay 1 Year +

My friend gets a small pension from his government doesn't work pays for his other halfs child to go to school and the rent definately drinks a few changs a day. My question is what's the best way for him to leave? What are the chances of getting blacklisted for overstay when leaving?

Ok, he gets a pension (over 50 years) , he supports partly (his) Thai family (married).

So their are ways probably ways to obtain (Non Immigrant Visa) on basis of the above mentioned.

So why is he so far over the legal length of stay of his visa?

Should he not make his legal stay in the country his priority ?

Even if all the above is not possible for one reason or another, he still can go to an Embassy to receive a free "tourist visa" (they where free for over 1 year now).

So what would it cost to do this on a budget.

Overnight bus to Vientiane (about 1500 r/t)

Visa to enter Laos (US 35, about 1100)

Some local transport in Vientiane, local food, and a cheap guesthouse, altogether it is possible for under 1500)

Get free tourist visa

After 60 days, get extension a local immigration (I think its 1900 baht, for 30 days extension)

After another 30 days, make a border run (in/out in 10 minutes) (depends where he lives, but for sure less than 2000)

Do the same for the next 3 months, go again to Vientiane and do the same for another 6 months.

Add all this up and it will be only about 20.000 baht on yearly basis. This is less than 60 baht/per day.

How much cost 1 chang beer every day ?

So please, do now what is necessary and pay the 20000 overstay, come back, and try to obey the rules.

I used to know a jackass, as I stated earlier in this thread, who overstayed for years like it was nothing. I thought he was crazy but he was adamant that he had done this on many occasions and that it was his routine. Some people like myself did visa runs, this guy overstayed for however long he needed to. I never asked him whether he was concerned that he might get stopped and asked to show his passport at some point but I am certain that was the least of his concerns. I dont know if the guy is still in the country but I bet he is and who knows, at this point he may well have a legit marriage ext. of stay. I just dont know. He seemed so comfortable with his routine that he might be somewhere keeping that thing going. No official ever bothered him about it at the airport or anything. He did have 2 or 3 passports from diff. countries. Perhaps that helped him

kuifje Sorry, i don't know what problems you have!?

Look, that YOU never do anything angains the law and .......!

Overstay is a violation of the immigration law with a punichment of 20k Bath and there will be no criminal record and normaly no problems at all!

I know somebody who was here 4-5 years without any visa, living peacefully next to the police station in his village.

After he had 20k in his pocket he did go to the border in Nong Khai, payd 20k, tuk a visa in Vientianne and came back. :huh:

Edited by Somrak

If overstayers were not allowed to return to Thailand for at least the period that they have outstayed their welcome, then it may deter those who regard ignoring the rules as an acceptable alternative to obtaining a visa or doing visa runs, and who also regard the B20,000 maximum fine as being good value for money.

If overstayers were not allowed to return to Thailand for at least the period that they have outstayed their welcome, then it may deter those who regard ignoring the rules as an acceptable alternative to obtaining a visa or doing visa runs, and who also regard the B20,000 maximum fine as being good value for money.

If If If but bottom line is that it dont matter cause "bad folks" who do just that can and will do it until some change comes about and none has come about in the many passing decades. LOL. btw, great to hear from you nuff said, you were always so helpful to those with visa probs. Hope to see you contribute in the future. Havent seen you around for a long while and hope you can help a new era of persons under 50 and not fitting a visa category. Who can ever forget you helpful solutions to visa problems. you are an asset to this section of the forum