Taxi From Immigration To Morchit Bts

I got in a taxi at immigration the other day and he took off without starting the meter, so I was suspicious from the git go. Turned it right on when I pointed it out, so maybe he forgot.

I told him I was going to Morchit BTS and he asked me if I wanted to take the "highway" and prepared to turn right instead of left to Chang Wattana and Vibhivadi Rangsit Road as he pulled out of the immigration driveway.

I insisted he take Vibhivadi Rangsit since I had no idea if the highway thing was a scam or if there actually is a faster way to get to the BTS by the "highway"?

Just curious if its on the up and up or not?

The bus station is right next to the Chiang Wattana Expressway so expect that would have been the fastest route. You have to turn Left out of Soi 7 (immigration entry) so not sure what you are saying. To get back on airport road (Vibhivadi Rangsit) would require two U-turns (one under the overpass after MFA and some distance going in the wrong direction for the second U-turn on Vibhivadi.

So its generally quicker to take the highway to get to BTS Morchit than going by Vibhivadi Rangsit?

He wanted to turn right after coming out of the semi circular immigration door driveway.

Edited by ricklev

This driver was on the up and up.

It is generally much faster to take the freeway. I do not remember what the toll is, but I believe that it recently rose in price, so there is much less traffic on it.

You can fly.