To All Americans In Bangkok On July 4

The Coder

The website says it is on the 5th at NIST on Soi 15 at 2-8pm.

Saturday is the 2nd.

Is it at NIST ?

Is NIST on Soi 19 or Soi 15 ?

Thanks and hope to see everyone there.

NIST gate is at the end of Suk. soi 15.

Only Americans are allowed there?

Yeah you have to say the secret daily password.

We all know it.

Yesterdays pwd was: dad's rootbeer

Edited by Thaiquila

what will we be charged for the food? and beer? like anybody in the world, I like to have fun too. but I would like to know what I will be paying before I participate. thank you.

you might want to consider doing a buffet style type of arrangement. pay at the door, and eat to your hearts content. no need for anybody at the concessions to have to deal with money.

..and I'm sure you will get more people knocking at your door than you expected.

,,did somebody say budweiser?

Only Americans are allowed there?

Yeah you have to say the secret daily password.

We all know it.

Yesterdays pwd was: dad's rootbeer

That was a Big LOL :o

Ummm Budweiser , I'll be there !!

what will we be charged for the food?  and beer?  like anybody in the world, I like to have fun too.  but I would like to know what I will be paying before I participate.  thank you.

you might want to consider doing a buffet style type of arrangement.  pay at the door, and eat to your hearts content.  no need for anybody at the concessions to have to deal with money. 

..and I'm sure you will get more people knocking at your door than you expected.

,,did somebody say budweiser?

Darn , now we have to let him in ! ( he said the password )

Food and beer prices have been reasonable in the past; not too much, but not super cheap. Kegs of Singha on tap too. Not worth worrying over as the Marines do just such a fine job on the bbq and the apple pie is so good that I'd just about give my first born for them if only I had one. Soft drinks free and so is ice cream from the DQ no less! Though experience has shown the ice cream truck gets emptied really quick so show up early if wanting to lock that in.

sounds like a big fat target for terrorists to me

Agreed, but security is a very big priority at the event. The obvious things are the metal detectors you go through, the clear and open perimeter, and huge amounts of security guards everywhere. It is also comforting to see lots of military in attendance; both Thai and US. Nothing is 100% safe, but I have been impressed with the security measures I see in place there. And I am sure it is much greater than what is visible to the casual observer.

GET OUT OF HERE!!!

America is numer one biatch! You Brits always talk about how you colonized most of the world, but that was like 200 years ago! You jump on America's bandwagon now. When we say jump, you say how high. Our birthday is comin' up.

p.s. Thailand prefers American English

GET OUT OF HERE!!!

America is numer one biatch!  You Brits always talk about how you colonized most of the world, but that was like 200 years ago!  You jump on America's bandwagon now.  When we say jump, you say how high.  Our birthday is comin' up.

p.s.  Thailand prefers American English

So being pro-American am I allowed in there as a non-US citizen??

Or do I still need a password? :o

In order to get into the event, you must show your US Passport. If you are not an American, you must be accompanied by one to be permitted into the celebration.

I can't imagine why any Brits would want to go. After all, we are celebrating kicking your butts out of our country!

(My entire post may or may not be a joke) :o

In order to get into the event, you must show your US Passport.  If you are not an American, you must be accompanied by one to be permitted into the celebration. 

I can't imagine why any Brits would want to go.  After all, we are celebrating kicking your butts out of our country!

(My entire post may or may not be a joke)  :D

And I can't imagine any Brit wanting to drink Budwiser either! :o

In order to get into the event, you must show your US Passport.  If you are not an American, you must be accompanied by one to be permitted into the celebration. 

I can't imagine why any Brits would want to go.  After all, we are celebrating kicking your butts out of our country!

The real shame of things for the Brits is not loosing to the Americans (or even the possibility of drinking Bud), but that the French helped us and thereby they also lost to the French! :o:D:D

Edited by TokyoT

The real shame of things for the Brits is not loosing to the Americans (or even the possibility of drinking Bud), but that the French helped us and thereby they also lost to the French! :o:D:D

Is this the VFW Event?

Is this the VFW Event?

According to the web site the VFW was involved in brining the event back in 1999, and implies they are still involved.

From the web site listed in the OP:

" In 1999, a small group of concerned Americans, led by Alex Mavro, met to restore the celebration. The Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) provided immediate support and...."

Argh, too bad! :D

I used to go to an independent day celebration like this in Nagoya, Japan many years ago and I loved it! Also once-a-year event at Yokosuka U.S. naval base in Japan when they open the base to the public was a lot of fun.

Can some nice American out there take me and my TW into the premises please? :o

We love festivals and I'd like my wife to get a glimpse of what the US independence day celebration is like if that would give her some idea as to what a day in the life of America (where I spent six years as a student) is like. And we are no terrorists! :D

Does UK embassy still organize 'Ploenchit Fair' BTW?

Edited by Nordlys

Is this the VFW Event?

The reason I ask is I'm a member of the VFW Post in Udon which also has a cleberation. I would like to take a moment to thank all the Brits and other foriegners in our community that have supported our event, not only financially but with volunteer work. Guess things are just different in Issan

The reason I ask is I'm a member of the VFW Post in Udon which also has a cleberation. I would like to take a moment to thank all the Brits and other foriegners in our community that have supported our event, not only financially but with volunteer work. Guess things are just different in Issan

Good post Ray :o

ok, here's the deal. I went to the party. ate a couple of hotdogs, and a hamburger. drank a beer, and a few soft drinks.

I have this lottery ticket in my hand. it says I can find out if I won anything by checking on www.idaybkk.com.

so, when will the results be posted? and more importantly, do I need a password to access the data?

sorry, I tried "budweiser" and it didn't work.

GET OUT OF HERE!!!

America is numer one biatch! You Brits always talk about how you colonized most of the world, but that was like 200 years ago! You jump on America's bandwagon now. When we say jump, you say how high. Our birthday is comin' up.

peckerhead

Your attitude is why your countrymen are perceived as arrogant idiots.

Britain are your closest allies , if you treat them with disdain , how do you view the rest of the world?

:o

Edited by chonabot

GET OUT OF HERE!!!

peckerhead

Your attitude is why your countrymen are perceived as arrogant idiots.

Britain are your closest allies , if you treat them with disdain , how do you view the rest of the world?

:o

There's always one of those 'Ugly Americans' about, guys.

Don't sweat him... :D