Bought Your Wife! Your Response?

Foggy Dew

I also paid sin sod but only for show, it was given back to me the next day.

I did not tell my wife about this, she would be upset. She gets pissed off when Thailand gets "sex tourist" press.

what is the age difference between you and your wife ? If your wife is 20 years younger then you then the guys comment was warranted, if she is closer to your age, then the guy is probably just jealous.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you are a guy with a Thai wife then no problems.

If you are a guy with a wife who is young enough to be your daughter then why is sh ewith you an dcommenst will always be made.

Ask yourself this, why would a 20 something lovely Thai lady want to be with a 40/50/60+ something western guy? it has been said before an dwill be said many times in the future.

I won't post teh answer to the question as if you don't know an dyou are one of these guys then you are living in an unreal world.

Good luck to all those of you have Thai wives (including me, I am 39, my wife is 36).

But if peopel are saying you'bought' you wife and you are alot older than her then why do you think thay are asking?

unfortunately it is the morons with the wives 20 years younger then them that give Thai/farang relationships a bad name.

If you are a guy with a wife who is young enough to be your daughter then why is sh ewith you an dcommenst will always be made.

Ask yourself this, why would a 20 something lovely Thai lady want to be with a 40/50/60+ something western guy? it has been said before an dwill be said many times in the future.

I won't post teh answer to the question as if you don't know an dyou are one of these guys then you are living in an unreal world.

Good luck to all those of you have Thai wives (including me, I am 39, my wife is 36).

But if peopel are saying you'bought' you wife and you are alot older than her then why do you think thay are asking?

unfortunately it is the morons with the wives 20 years younger then them that give Thai/farang relationships a bad name.

Or perhaps it's those with your sort of attitude that give Thai/farang relationships a bad name? :ermm:

Or perhaps it's those with your sort of attitude that give Thai/farang relationships a bad name? :ermm:

nope ... I think it's the 20-30 year age difference

Two of the most successful relationships I have seen have husband/wife age gaps of 30 years.

Forget the immature posturings about 'natural Thai love' - you don't see too many monogomous Thai relationships celebrating silver wedding anniversaries.

With the Falang/Thai relationships noted above success appears to come from mutual respect, sharing, caring and love - not the gooey, lovey-dovey besotted stuff that can never be maintained but genuine affection developed over 10 years or more.

Physical age difference between two consenting adults may have less to do with a successful/long term relationship than the mental age/maturity of both parties. Just a observation on my part as well as personal experience, which have gone both ways.

Hi All,

Today while in conversation with two other men both in their late 50s, one said to the other that he should go to Thailand and buy a wife like me!

In 4 years living here in Ireland with my wife I have never had anything negative said to me before.

I was shocked and let him know in no uncertain terms that kind of talk was not acceptable. However I was not prepared and didn't know how to respond properly, somewhere between totally ignoring the comment and kicking the sh1t out him.

How do you / would you react?

Foggy

So basically you where too scared to say or do anything about it, so you come vent on a forum?

Or deep down did it hit you maybe that was a true statement he said?

"and let him know in no uncertain terms that kind of talk was not acceptable."

Seems straight forward enough to me.

May be he is a Thai guy, and because he didnt have 15 of his friends to back him up like most Thai men he chose to ignore it.

Doubt it, Thai man doesn't have money to buy or would need to buy a Thai womans love, when two Thais love each others it's so natural.

HHEEHEHEHEHEHEHEEHHEHE,

One of the most niave posts on record unless you are a real pisstaker.You do know that sinsod is given by a thai man too,thats where it originated from,THAILAND.Secondly do you know the words,mai noi and gik???????????????.I suspect you are having a joke or you arrived yesterday

One accusation I get back in the UK is "What mental stimulation can you get from a Thai woman 19 years younger than you ?"

That question was from someone who failed to complete his secondary education, his 3rd Falang wife is thick as sh!te and he can barely string enough words together to complete a sentence.

In the main I get my mental stimulation elsewhere but I also enjoy the challenges of the cultural and language differences.

unfortunately  it is the morons with the wives 20 years younger then them that give Thai/farang relationships a bad name.

Mine is only 16 years younger than me - hope you don't lose too much sleep over it. If someone calls you out on it, just blame me.  :rolleyes:

Two of the most successful relationships I have seen have husband/wife age gaps of 30 years.

Forget the immature posturings about 'natural Thai love' - you don't see too many monogomous Thai relationships celebrating silver wedding anniversaries.

With the Falang/Thai relationships noted above success appears to come from mutual respect, sharing, caring and love - not the gooey, lovey-dovey besotted stuff that can never be maintained but genuine affection developed over 10 years or more.

30 years ? I don't know if I should laugh or puke.

Being a smug, sanctimonious pr!ck, you will probably laugh !

One accusation I get back in the UK is "What mental stimulation can you get from a Thai woman 19 years younger than you ?"

That question was from someone who failed to complete his secondary education, his 3rd Falang wife is thick as sh!te and he can barely string enough words together to complete a sentence.

In the main I get my mental stimulation elsewhere but I also enjoy the challenges of the cultural and language differences.

So the extra security of having a girl 8 or 10 years younger wasn't worth it in your mind ?

You just had to go for the 19 years ?

Sanctimonious has nothing to do with me and this issue.

If everyone had to buy marriage insurance against the failure of their marriage, don't you think there would be a difference in premium for a marriage with a 5 year age gap compared to a marriage with a 20 year age gap ?

what do you think that difference might be ?

I doubt you could get any insurance on a 30 year age gap.

bkkjames said

Mine is only 16 years younger than me - hope you don't lose too much sleep over it. If someone calls you out

SB says

And mine is only 19 years younger than me ....... good to see we are within respectable limits and not making fools of ourselves!

sokal said

So the extra security of having a girl 8 or 10 years younger wasn't worth it in your mind ?

SB says

Actually mine was chosen for fertility, not much milage left in a lady 40+ (baby wise), whereas 35 gives a good chance of children, without the daftness of a 20 year old.

If you're gonna buy second hand, make sure everything works first!

Edited by sarahsbloke

If you could see a picture of me you'd realise that I'm not the kind of guy who needs to go to Thailand and buy a wife (I'm 40 and very fit, regular looking sort of chap), all the same I came to Thailand and ended up buying a wife. I came here because I fancied a laid back life and like the rest of us, liked it and stayed and met a girl who (surprise surprise) happened to be a local, fell in love and we got married. I had to pay 100,000 baht sin sot which was cheap considering she came with her own house and car and earns 50k a month (outside of Bangkok). She's my age, attractive and a professional who is embarrassed to be considered just my 'wife'. When we travel abroad we get 'looks' and whenever someone asks, where/how did you meet your wife I tell them this tongue-in-cheek story...

"Went to Thailand, made an appointment with mail order bride company, sat down in their lobby with the catalogue, as I was browsing through I noticed another person had sat down opposite and was also going through a catalogue, we both looked up at the same time, eyes met and it was love at first sight..."

I feel sorry for single geezers who sit in pubs with nothing to talk about other than the assumption that the bloke with the Asian girl had to go shopping for a wife. They're obviously the type who've never travelled, never been to Asia, never met nice Thai people, never stepped out of their little Caucasian comfort zone. So I just ignore them, I got over the stares at cross-ethnic couples ages ago.

If everyone had to buy marriage insurance against the failure of their marriage, don't you think there would be a difference in premium for a marriage with a 5 year age gap compared to a marriage with a 20 year age gap ?

Who needs insurance ?

This is not a commercial transaction (well it is in part:rolleyes:).

You don't 'look' for someone wiith a given age difference. An initial attaraction can come at any level, later it is about common interests et al.

I wasn't looking for a partner when I stumbled across mine and I certainly didn't envisage, at that stage, that we would be together 5 years later.

My long-term relationships seem to average 12 years so when she is 42 it is likely that I will be due for a change.

Who needs insurance ?

This is not a commercial transaction (well it is in part:rolleyes:).

You don't 'look' for someone wiith a given age difference. An initial attaraction can come at any level, later it is about common interests et al.

I wasn't looking for a partner when I stumbled across mine and I certainly didn't envisage, at that stage, that we would be together 5 years later.

My long-term relationships seem to average 12 years so when she is 42 it is likely that I will be due for a change.

Then you can trade her in on two 21 year old. :lol:

You are hilarious: This isn't mail order brides. Do you think I took a look at my wife's ID and said "Ok you will do". Couldn't care less about her age. She acts probably 10 years older than her age and I act about 42 years younger than mine, we make a good fit. 

In the end though, I gave up long time ago worrying about what the bible thumping establishment thinks of me. So please carry on with your paint brush.

Did you ask him where he has bought his passed wives, what he paid and what the deal was. When he starts to get irate that his exes are brought into the conversation ask where he though he went wrong- paid to much paid too little..... Just keep hanging shit on the guy until he gets to point that there are other souls involved in his insinuating diatribe!

-Ask what past wives cost.

-Ask if local Irish wives would be more or less in his opinion.

-ask him what his daughter, niece or grandchild would bring, your considering a change.

-Finally ask him what budget he has, when he answers, tell him that he needs to shove it up his proverbial ignorant a$$.

You are hilarious: This isn't mail order brides. Do you think I took a look at my wife's ID and said "Ok you will do". Couldn't care less about her age. She acts probably 10 years older than her age and I act about 42 years younger than mine, we make a good fit. 

In the end though, I gave up long time ago worrying about what the bible thumping establishment thinks of me. So please carry on with your paint brush.

You tell him bbkjames,aint he ageist lol.

It is a very provacative word, ideed. But I have come to realise that many people using it do so with great ignorance of the ramifications of its use.

I have learned to check myself so that I don't lose anything I value, while at the same time checking them off the list of people I'd brake for on a zebra crossing.

you can't beat these people. As Thomas Fuller put it: It is madness for the sheep to talk peace with the wolves. Youcan't change peoples agendas all the time so spend the precious time you have with people who you don't want to change.

Back on topic:

If I had a wife, and someone dissed my wife along the lines of she was a who.re, I would actually be more offended thant if someone called me the N word. In no uncertain terms I WOULD exact revenge in a way they were unlikely to see coming. :ph34r:

It would be like insulting my parents. Some places you just DON'T go. :annoyed:

Good post, Loz, I agree that there are things that you just don't say in public. And, if you do then you had better be willing to accept the consequences of your own stupid actions. You might get away with insulting a man to his face, but you seldom get away with insulting his wife or family. I smacked a teacher when I was in grade 12 and it cost me that year of school, but I don't regret knocking him on his butt. Even today, over 50 years later, I still get a nice warm feeling when I remember tagging that jerk on the jaw.

However, in regards to the OP's question of what we might say or do if faced by such an ignorant question. It is hard to say what I might do at my age. Although I'm not afraid of fighting, I've grown beyond the hot head age. I'd probably just give him a look of disgust and make a nasty comment in return.

You tell him bbkjames,aint he ageist lol.

He's sounds like someone who spent too much time at Sunday school learning how things should be, will be, till death do us part. 

There are enough guys that rent their wives, and pay monthly installments for them. So its not a crazy thing to think. However there are enough guys who don't "buy" their wives too. If someone suggested i bought mine id be insulted. I would not go into it with total strangers and would not care about it.

However if friends were thinking something like that id have a conversation with them and they could end up without my friendship. My first wife was a real looker and she lived with me in Holland. I got some bad remarks about her (they turned out to be true). So if they are saying your wife is bad it might just be that she is bad and your too blind to see it. I was blind at first and now i see things differently. It was a good lesson.

Well yeah your right! But also.. v

The problem is jalousy and stereotyping in " the west ". Everybody knows the story of happy times in Thailand with their GF/Wife and when they bring her to " the west " , everything changes... ( I do know couples that worked out well !! )

Thanks for the read, guys. For once, reading about all this has made me glad to be asian.

Do caucasians really make such a big deal out of all of this in RL, or just banter over the 'net?

Some people make a big deal out of this - usually the one's who are have nots.  :lol: