Bought Your Wife! Your Response?

Foggy Dew

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Normally I wouldn't post a picture (this one is 3 months ago) of my family on here but to prove my point. Sorry if it doesn't fit your stereotypes of painting Thai women the wrong way.

Hey that's the kid that took over from my son for Tesco-Lotus F&F clothing! My son was the previous F&F baby. He's too old now. Grats! Did you meet the VP of Tesco Lotus? She is usually always at the photoshoots. Oh yeah when its over dont forget to ask the managers of the various tesco's for the huge pictures of your kid i have like 10 of them. If you didnt know he is on the website fandfclothing.com as well.

Edited by Caliguy

If you are a guy with a Thai wife then no problems.

If you are a guy with a wife who is young enough to be your daughter then why is sh ewith you an dcommenst will always be made.

Ask yourself this, why would a 20 something lovely Thai lady want to be with a 40/50/60+ something western guy? it has been said before an dwill be said many times in the future.

I won't post teh answer to the question as if you don't know an dyou are one of these guys then you are living in an unreal world.

Good luck to all those of you have Thai wives (including me, I am 39, my wife is 36).

But if peopel are saying you'bought' you wife and you are alot older than her then why do you think thay are asking?

unfortunately it is the morons with the wives 20 years younger then them that give Thai/farang relationships a bad name.

I agree with you Sokal. It is making all you young guys look terrible. A 70 year old guy walking around with an 18 year old beautiful Thai woman. Gee, that’s awful.

All these wonderful specimens of western manhood with their artful tattoos and excellent behavior flooding the shores of Thailand and the beautiful girls pick these old geezers, absolutely horrific.

And it’s not just the western young men. These beauties have the pick of Thai farmers, taxi drivers and roofers. These men may drink a bit too much but still they are in their prime.

You know, I have noticed it is not just western old guys but Asian old guys as well even Thai old guys. These ladies seem to prefer older men with substantial means. How silly.

There should be some kind of law. Beautiful young women should be prevented from hanging around with rich old guys. Maybe if the ladies were required to wear body length sack with only eye holes that would do it.

I agree with you Sokal. It is making all you young guys look terrible. A 70 year old guy walking around with an 18 year old beautiful Thai woman. Gee, that's awful.

All these wonderful specimens of western manhood with their artful tattoos and excellent behavior flooding the shores of Thailand and the beautiful girls pick these old geezers, absolutely horrific.

And it's not just the western young men. These beauties have the pick of Thai farmers, taxi drivers and roofers. These men may drink a bit too much but still they are in their prime.

You know, I have noticed it is not just western old guys but Asian old guys as well even Thai old guys. These ladies seem to prefer older men with substantial means. How silly.

There should be some kind of law. Beautiful young women should be prevented from hanging around with rich old guys. Maybe if the ladies were required to wear body length sack with only eye holes that would do it.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Great reply, Mark.

If I were ever to be called a 'moron' in the presence of one of the young Thai ladies for her choosing my company, that GWB-guy would find -- courtesy of a 45 kg's football kick -- certain body partrs in the roof of his mouth.

Could all you guys stop insulting each other and thumping your chests? It's starting to look like a schoolyard around here.

Quite a lot of that on this forum; it's quite entertaining at times whistling.gifjap.gif

Interesting topic nonetheless. I read in some random book somewhere that age went like this:

When you're in your twenties you worry about whose looking at you

When you're in you're forties you don't care whose looking at you

When you're past sixty you figure out that no one was looking at you

They were all too worried about who was looking at them whistling.gif

Makes sense?

Edit: my spelling

Edited by Valdezugar

If I were ever to be called a 'moron' in the presence of one of the young Thai ladies for her choosing my company, that GWB-guy would find -- courtesy of a 45 kg's football kick -- certain body partrs in the roof of his mouth.

Don't worry, we're all too polite to say it...we might think it though. But I'm sure some Thai guys would say it, well, if the girl was vaguely attractive. However, you don't see many old western guys with a "goodlooking by thai standards" girl do you. Most look as if they've been round the block a few too many times.

" ...you don't see many old western guys with a 'good-looking by thai standards' girl do you " ---- Maybe bcz we prefer NOT to be seen a least by other farang -- most of the places we do in fact go I am usually the only farang... the PYTs don't speak English anyway.

I've seen a few young white guys with ladies that have been round the block a few times too. So what?

I have ended up married to a young Thai lady who is still considered attractive by Thai men, my last gf was very attractive by western standards but Thai guys didn't give her a second glance.

Having the 'unattractive by Thai standards girl', gave me far less problems than having the 'attractive by Thai standards' wife.

My wife is hit on by absolutely everyone, everywhere we go, becomes a bit of a pain after a while.

(We too, usually avoid places with too many white people)

You are obviously too self centered to see the difference. You riding like a maniac through crowded streets is setting up to kill or maim some poor innocent (no=one has the reaction time required there, because there IS NO reaction time).

Some old guy marrying a young girl is only risking himself.

so at least you admit that marrying young hot girls is risky, its like playing with fire.

I read this on this forum -

this is is a serious post. i know many people pay nothing to the mother in law, and some people pay the mother in law some money every month.

i guess it depends on the person and their means to pay.

Background;

The mother in law, father in law, and 1 daughter ( with 2 kids ) lives in a large 2 storey house, in a major town in Isaan.

there are 3 daughters

1 is married to a western man ( he is now working in BKK so is not at home )

the western man built the house

the western guy (WG) has been paying 4000 baht each month to the mother in law (MIL), for each daughter, for at least 2 or 3 years now, so he tells me. He suggested, as i am now on the scene,

we split the payment, so we each pay 6000 baht to the MIL. he said this would be fair. i told him i would pay 4000 for my thai girlfriend. i was expecting to pay a little bit to the MIL. he said, this would be an insult, and i would be looked down on - by the family for paying such a small sum, ( as i am a farang ).

when i arrived in thailand, i went around to say hi, and I received a frosty reception from him.

what do you all think? i know 6000 is a good / average wage for thailand, and the MIL is getting 12000 a month. should i just leave it up to my girlfriend to pay? the WG said he does not trust her to pay the money to her mum, but that is not my problem.

I've seen a few young white guys with ladies that have been round the block a few times too. So what?

I have ended up married to a young Thai lady who is still considered attractive by Thai men, my last gf was very attractive by western standards but Thai guys didn't give her a second glance.

Having the 'unattractive by Thai standards girl', gave me far less problems than having the 'attractive by Thai standards' wife.

My wife is hit on by absolutely everyone, everywhere we go, becomes a bit of a pain after a while.

(We too, usually avoid places with too many white people)

Good on for bucking the trend. I'm sure your current lady is also deemed to be attractive in the West also, but possibly not in the same "sex appeal" manner in which the ex was. The problems that you get can vary and also depend on the type of places you go. Go out to Thai nightclubs and you'll get stress. Go out to Qbar as you'll get stress with the other girl. Get taxis with the ex and the driver may talk down to her, upsetting her. Generally, going around Bangkok with a girl seen to have a bit of class and looks to be with you for non-security reasons and you'll be better received (and perceived) by many establishments. I can only imagine the hassle you might get are a few surprised questions about how you met (because it's such a rare sight!) and the odd Thai guy trying to catch her eye.

I did not buy my wife, as per the Sin Sot Tradition, I paid no difference for her as I did for my wife in the West.

First I paid for a big wedding, brought her mothers dress and rented her fathers suit and shoes that I found out years later. I paid for the complete wedding myself, did get some monetary gifts , that was helpful.

In my twenty years of marriage to her ,she was a stay at home Mom, even after the kids were grow-up. She never worked a day out side of the home in all the time we were married, yet she would complain that the neighbors had some material things that we did not.

When we were divorced the court gave her the house, and wanted to give her alimony because of my University degree and she had no work experience or post high school education. My lawyer killed the alimony request by showing that I always encouraged her to get a better education, which she refused to do.

My Thai wife is younger than me, I know that young Thai girls do not grow up dreaming of marrying an old farang. I was a way to a stable economic situation for her and we stayed together. She has grown to love me ,as I have with her. I built a house for her and she no longer has to work two jobs to earn a living for her and her daughters. I have had 5 good years with her.

Now compared to my US wife, The US wife was the one I brought, and the prime of my life wasted, I would never again consider marrying a western woman.

I have not heard one Thai woman complain about me leaving the toilet seat up, this may be the 3rd world country but Thai women have mastered the use of a toilet seat, Look to see if it is up or down before you sit your ample butt on it.

You pay a lot more for a western women and receive a lot less in return, I wish I would have learned that lesson at a Younger age!

Cheers: :)

I think I can beat that. I was selling the house and showing this couple around. We were at the top of the stairs and she asked me why i was selling. So I told her I wanted to go and live in Thailand...." Before I could add to be with my wife. She interupted and said "Why are you going there? For the Paedophillia." It took all my self control not to push her down those bloody stairs.

Ignorant cow probably thinks Paedophilia is a Thai meal. :angry:

Cardholder, Can you get the quoting right, you've quoted me as saying the above, when it was someone else, Mosha I think.

Edited by neverdie

One accusation I get back in the UK is "What mental stimulation can you get from a Thai woman 19 years younger than you ?"

That question was from someone who failed to complete his secondary education, his 3rd Falang wife is thick as sh!te and he can barely string enough words together to complete a sentence.

In the main I get my mental stimulation elsewhere but I also enjoy the challenges of the cultural and language differences.

So the extra security of having a girl 8 or 10 years younger wasn't worth it in your mind ?

You just had to go for the 19 years ?

You are hilarious: This isn't mail order brides. Do you think I took a look at my wife's ID and said "Ok you will do". Couldn't care less about her age. She acts probably 10 years older than her age and I act about 42 years younger than mine, we make a good fit.

In the end though, I gave up long time ago worrying about what the bible thumping establishment thinks of me. So please carry on with your paint brush.

haha, it has NOTHING to do with bible thumping and has everything to do with the fact that the wider the age gap, the higher the chances of nasty divorce is.

I am sick of reading stories of how bad Thai girls are because some 20 year old beauty ripped off some 50 year old farang.

generealyy speaking, of what ive personally seen, these 20 year olds are not ravishing beauties.

Removed a post that was extremely derogatory to western women. Further such posts will be trashed without comment. You can like or not like women of any culture you like, but at least here, being rude or ignorant about it won't be tolerated.

I think I can beat that. I was selling the house and showing this couple around. We were at the top of the stairs and she asked me why i was selling. So I told her I wanted to go and live in Thailand...." Before I could add to be with my wife. She interupted and said "Why are you going there? For the Paedophillia." It took all my self control not to push her down those bloody stairs.

Ignorant cow probably thinks Paedophilia is a Thai meal. :angry:

Cardholder, Can you get the quoting right, you've quoted me as saying the above, when it was someone else, Mosha I think.

Sorry neverdie, bad editing on my part - it was indeed Mosha who had the paedophilia comment thrown at him.

LOL buy a wife wot! i told my man "honey dont need to pay for sinsod dont have to buy me" duh my parents would just say the same thing and would prolly pay to my man extra "thank you to take my daughter away"LOL

LOL buy a wife wot! i told my man "honey dont need to pay for sinsod dont have to buy me" duh my parents would just say the same thing and would prolly pay to my man extra "thank you to take my daughter away"LOL

You must be a real pain in the.... :D (just before someone flames me this is a joke)

Wifes family wanted sin sod.. i did not pay.. that was the end of it. Still happy together.

• Like 1

Haha, you're not that bad... most of the time. :P <3

Haha, you're not that bad... most of the time. :P <3

So hurry come to marry me! before i change my mind and charge u babe! :P