Uk Settlement Visa - Change In Circumstances Afer Appilication Submitted

Hi,

It's my understanding that one of the rules is once the application has been submitted, you are not permitted to amend it any further, i.e. sumbit additional information.

So, what would happen if the circumstances in which the application was made change shortly after or before the Embassy people have checked everything?

For example, in my particular case, I am the sponsor for my wife and her son and am currently unemployed which I attested to in the application and sponsors letter. However, I am going to start a new job in a couple of weeks. Now we only submitted the application on Friday so what would happen if they checked my NI number in the future and realised that I was no longer unemployed but had started a job?

Secondly, would my job information, re my salary feed through quickly enough into the great UK IT systems for the Visa people to be able to check?

I'm sincerely hoping me getting a job won't affect our success rate but thought I'd better ask as you never know and stranger things have happened!

Has anyone had any experience in this or similar matters?

Thanks in anticipation,

Stam

Whilst the ECOs will probably check UKBA records to see if either of you have been involved in a UK visa application before, I doubt very much that they will, or even can, check the DWP or HMRC databases to see if you are paying NI contributions or tax; particularly as they don't ask for the sponsor's NI number. Even if they do, they will see that you started work after the application was submitted.

However, you moving from unemployed to employed can only be viewed as a positive. So, I would contact the entry clearance office and inform them of this change and your new income. Your wife will have been given a reference number when she submitted the application, and you should quote this.

Contact us; this is contact details for the VAC, the embassy website only gives an address and e-mail for complaints!

Whilst the ECOs will probably check UKBA records to see if either of you have been involved in a UK visa application before, I doubt very much that they will, or even can, check the DWP or HMRC databases to see if you are paying NI contributions or tax; particularly as they don't ask for the sponsor's NI number. Even if they do, they will see that you started work after the application was submitted.

However, you moving from unemployed to employed can only be viewed as a positive. So, I would contact the entry clearance office and inform them of this change and your new income. Your wife will have been given a reference number when she submitted the application, and you should quote this.

Contact us; this is contact details for the VAC, the embassy website only gives an address and e-mail for complaints!

Thanks for reply. They do ask your for your NI number as part of the application process.

As regards advising them after it's submitted will they take this into account as I read somewhere that once it's submitted that's it.

Thanks again