Outlook Express

ukdog

Hi,

Need some help here, I set up 4 e-mail servers/providers and made Yahoo my default in outlook express, (first time I have attempted to use outlook). :o

Three were POPs and then there was Hotmail.

However whenever I try to send an email the pop up compose box has my hotmail address in it.

I deleted Hotmail and then tried and got just an empty box. (So have to type my own email address in).

I started from yahoo in the 3 drp downs.

Is outlook worth bothering with, if so what am I doing wrong?

Final question, if it is worth bothering with, can I somehow import my files and addresses from each of my email boxes?

Final, final question if its a pain in the a&*% is there some other software that would do a similar job?

OK, thanks

dog

ukdog - To use most email clients for sending emails, you need to specify who (ie: Yahoo, Hotmail, GMail, tec.) is your default provider.

To change from one provider to another in Outlook (or Outlook Express), you need to set the providers name as "default", close the program and reopen it again, for the new provider name to be activated.

More info here. (Note specifically the link headed "Switch to another Outlook e-mail profile")

Note: If your on dialup, many providers will not allow you to send emails utilizing their servers, unless you are logged onto their system. Again, this is for antispam control.

One additional headsup. Many web-based email providers (ie: Hotmail, Yahoo, etc.) no longer allow access to FREE accounts using a POP3 client. This is due to past and current problems with spammers. Some will allow POP3 access is you have a PAID account, as they have your identy in case you "misbehave". Hotmail will allow remote access to PAID accounts but only to those FREE accounts established before January 2005. Another antispam control.

cheers :o

Edited by waldwolf