Raffle A House?

flashy123

I have been trying to sell my house on Koh Samui for 2 years now. I read an article on line about offering your house to win in a raffle or as a prize in a competition. Does anybody know how to go about this. Thanks for any help.

I've come across this a few times before. Every time it appears to have been some kind of scam.

The terms and conditions on offers like this are often very draconian and due to the pricing the situation generally ends up with a plan to award the house as a prize with ticket sales working out at more than double the original value of the house. Or they will make a nice profit for failing to sell enough tickets once the 'admin fees' have been deducted from any refunds - if it ever gets to that stage.

Every one of these schemes I've seen in the past looks like an 'impossible to fail' money making scheme. If they sell enough tickets then the house is sold for much more than it's worth. If the tickets are not sold then a good commission is made from the unwitting customers who have agreed to the terms and conditions.

Flashy,

I spent a lot of time and effort trying to do this very thing in the UK.

Not to sell my own house but as a business.

The Lottery rules are very stringent in the UK, but you can be compliant by going about it the right way - we built the website ready to go.

The problem was no one would provide the card merchant service for us.

Sadly it falls foul of the credit card protection - you could pay your £10, not win and then ask Mr Mastercard for your £10 back, claiming you didnt make the payment in the first place, or didnt understand the rules etc.

I don't know about the gambling / lottery thing here but that's your number one challenge, get round that and it might be possible.

Good luck!

It's a very common practise in Philippines and by Filipinos living overseas to sell their stuff (eg. car) when they are returning home.

Of course there are many opportunities to scam so a large does of trust is required, making it a non-starter in LOS (Land Of Scams)