Burgers

N47HAN

Dear oh dear. Nearly 30 US for a burger? And the irony is that 'Joe's' is such a poor place. It trades on a location that isn't exactly world class, the seating is poor, the staff are even poorer, and the food/drink prices are the biggest joke you could imagine. 150 baht for a small beer???? It has the reputation of being 'exclusive', and in reality, is nothing more than a down market, 'wannabe' kind of place.which only 'posuer's' could be interested in.

'

Hi

Burgers is OK, and i did not drink beer, view was OK, staff was OK (only me and my GF there) you did not say the food was bad, i am waiting for you to say that,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, dont like? dont go!

Ohh, forgot to say,,, i dont give a sh.. what it cost if i want to try something i do it.

Edited by HDRIDER

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Burgers is OK, and i did not drink beer, view was OK, staff was OK (only me and my GF there) you did not say the food was bad, i am waiting for you to say that,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, dont like? dont go!

Ohh, forgot to say,,, i dont give a sh.. what it cost if i want to try something i do it.

Have been, didn't like. Unsurprising your comment of "only me and my GF there". I'll repeat, a sad place for sadder people for whom the stupid prices can guarantee a degree of privacy (i.e. very few people there). A Patong classic.

Hi

Have been, didn't like. Unsurprising your comment of "only me and my GF there". I'll repeat, a sad place for sadder people for whom the stupid prices can guarantee a degree of privacy (i.e. very few people there). A Patong classic.

Hi

It was 14.30 not many go out eating that time, i just needed a burger

Best burger I've had was in Rawai right in front of Cheers bar, next to Areu Corner. It's called superburger and you have a choice of a single or double patty ( 150 g each) of very tasty New Zealand beef. Then you can pick and choose your toppings. Double bacon and cheese came to 210 baht with fries. Highly recommended.

• Like 1

good burgers at

Molly Malone and Scruffy Mc Murphy in Patong on beach road and Bangla

Buffalo steak house

Sizzler

but this gives me a burger urge, so time for burger breakfast

Molly and Scruffy yes, but hard to find parking.

AJ Rawai beach is very good, Fattys closed for holiday

Best burger I've had was in Rawai right in front of Cheers bar, next to Areu Corner. It's called superburger and you have a choice of a single or double patty ( 150 g each) of very tasty New Zealand beef. Then you can pick and choose your toppings. Double bacon and cheese came to 210 baht with fries. Highly recommended.

Yes i agree Steelepulse , excellent burgers for a bargain , i used to takeaway because i am not a bar person ,but know i sit down and buy a beer and eat the girls dont hassle you and i even take my family along some nights , its very good value and delicious NZ Beef ......

When reading t post the other day I also had a burger urge & went to Sizzler. Must say it was very good & seemed much better than the last one I had there which was quite a long time ago as I normally have the fish n chips when I go.

Dear oh dear. Nearly 30 US for a burger? And the irony is that 'Joe's' is such a poor place. It trades on a location that isn't exactly world class, the seating is poor, the staff are even poorer, and the food/drink prices are the biggest joke you could imagine. 150 baht for a small beer???? It has the reputation of being 'exclusive', and in reality, is nothing more than a down market, 'wannabe' kind of place.which only 'posuer's' could be interested in.

'

I agree 700thb for a burger? Is that filet mignon on a bun?

Another Great burger near Rawai: AT Last Paradise Bar which is near Ya Nui beach.

Take the small road from the ArbeTor's corner at the western end of Rawai beach that bypasses the hill and takes the flat route to Ya Nui.

ABout 200 meters before the beach is the bar on the left.

The Norwegian cook there makes his own dill pickles which he puts on top of a BIG burger.

Highly recommended.

I like to make my own get the butcher to mince the Beef not too much Fat mix with herbs a little breadcrumbs and an egg to bind can put finely chopped onions in and BBQ. You can make them spicey with Chilli or Cajun spices even add some Garam Masala for an Indian Burger.

Somehow though I think that that might be too much work and you are looking for ready made, try Mr Moo. Good Luck

Ah yes, original American style! ;) Love it that way, and a good all-beef burger is great, too. Variety - the spice of life!

I like to make my own get the butcher to mince the Beef not too much Fat mix with herbs a little breadcrumbs and an egg to bind can put finely chopped onions in and BBQ. You can make them spicey with Chilli or Cajun spices even add some Garam Masala for an Indian Burger.

Somehow though I think that that might be too much work and you are looking for ready made, try Mr Moo. Good Luck

Ah yes, original American style! ;) Love it that way, and a good all-beef burger is great, too. Variety - the spice of life!

Herbs, breadcrumbs and egg.........."American Style"?

I don't know what part of America you come from but guaranteed, this is not an American style burger.

Herbs, breadcrumbs and egg.........."American Style"?

I don't know what part of America you come from but guaranteed, this is not an American style burger.

I agree! What was the old commercial; all beef patty, special sauce, lettuce, cheese on a sesame seed bun...

I agree! What was the old commercial; all beef patty, special sauce, lettuce, cheese on a sesame seed bun...

Yeah, give me that 15% fat beef (so the burgers are juicy), mix in a little garlic salt and pepper, medium rare, covered in cheddar and maybe some crispy bacon on top of that.................mmmmmmmmmmmm

Ahhhhhhhh, can't wait to be off the current diet and grind one of those !!!

Yeah, give me that 15% fat beef (so the burgers are juicy), mix in a little garlic salt and pepper, medium rare, covered in cheddar and maybe some crispy bacon on top of that.................mmmmmmmmmmmm

I just went to Villa Market yesterday and got some ground beef that was 20% which is a bit high, and some ground round which is only 5%, which is too low. So, I'll mix the two and get about 12.5 % which should be just about right. I use freshly ground pepper and Lowery's Seasoned Salt. Heinz 51, a bit of French's classic yellow mustard, a small bit of Kraft mayo all made in the USA. Cheese if I want on a fresh roll from Flintsone...

post-44146-033058900 1279253872_thumb.jp

Edited by LivinginKata

I just went to Villa Market yesterday and got some ground beef that was 20% which is a bit high, and some ground round which is only 5%, which is too low. So, I'll mix the two and get about 12.5 % which should be just about right. I use freshly ground pepper and Lowery's Seasoned Salt. Heinz 51, a bit of French's classic yellow mustard, a small bit of Kraft mayo all made in the USA. Cheese if I want on a fresh roll from Flintsone...

post-44146-033058900 1279253872_thumb.jp

yepp, Villas 150 baht/kg groundbeef has gone from approx 15% to 25% fat and water past few weeks, which is to much. So I do the same, mix it with the 300 baht/kg 5% and its perfect for burgers.

Big One in Kata is now my favorite supplier of burger and hotdog buns, baked in Phuket

mmmmmmmmmmmm

yepp, Villas 150 baht/kg groundbeef has gone from approx 15% to 25% fat and water past few weeks, which is to much. So I do the same, mix it with the 300 baht/kg 5% and its perfect for burgers.

Big One in Kata is now my favorite supplier of burger and hotdog buns, baked in Phuket

mmmmmmmmmmmm

Do all the Big One's have the buns? Or only Kata that you know of? I used to buy buns at the bakery down some small Soi off Bangla when in I lived in Patong 5 years ago. But I'm not going that far to get a bun!

At Joe's, where I do think they sell about the best burger, although a little pricey at Bt700 (inc. bacon and cheese), they say the secret is to put in lots of fat, I mean huge amounts of fat, so that by the time it has finished cooking it is both succulent and tasty.

Do all the Big One's have the buns? Or only Kata that you know of? I used to buy buns at the bakery down some small Soi off Bangla when in I lived in Patong 5 years ago. But I'm not going that far to get a bun!

Kata is the only Big One i go to. 4 burgerbuns at 30 baht and 3 large hotdog buns at 20 baht

At Joe's, where I do think they sell about the best burger, although a little pricey at Bt700 (inc. bacon and cheese), they say the secret is to put in lots of fat, I mean huge amounts of fat, so that by the time it has finished cooking it is both succulent and tasty.

On a very hot BBQ 25% is ok, but in a pan 25% is like deepfryed burger. So 12-15% is my favorite. Besides I guess I can do without the fat:P

Have to agree!!!

I'll gonna make some wagyu beef burgers next week, they will have around 25-30% fat.

Gerd

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering why most of you like to destroy Good ground beef (with some Fat for flavor) with all the junk seasonings i've read here.....

thats called meatloaf and is a diferent meal entirely...

one thing that turns me off of most resturaunts here in Thailand touuting "BEST BURGER IN TOWN" is overseasoned ground beef or buffalo you can not taste the meat at all.....

So for me its HomeMade supermarket fresh ground beef hand made big patties...BBQ'd medium rare cheese and fried onion if desired and have to have a grilled butterd bun.Thats it...

Best store/ Resturaunt cooked burger i have found is at Arey's corner in Rawai the burger stand in front of cheers bar....

good burgers but seasoned I CAN TELL not same homemade but tastes great with a cold beer...Hahahaha

Just wondering why most of you like to destroy Good ground beef (with some Fat for flavor) with all the junk seasonings i've read here.....

thats called meatloaf and is a diferent meal entirely...

one thing that turns me off of most resturaunts here in Thailand touuting "BEST BURGER IN TOWN" is overseasoned ground beef or buffalo you can not taste the meat at all.....

So for me its HomeMade supermarket fresh ground beef hand made big patties...BBQ'd medium rare cheese and fried onion if desired and have to have a grilled butterd bun.Thats it...

Best store/ Resturaunt cooked burger i have found is at Arey's corner in Rawai the burger stand in front of cheers bar....

good burgers but seasoned I CAN TELL not same homemade but tastes great with a cold beer...Hahahaha

Yeah, it's called Superburger. It's pretty good. I just tell him to lay off the salt and pepper, but there is some other seasoning in the meat it seems.

Ground round is only 5% and it comes out a bit on the dry side. So you're right, a little higher fat content makes it juicy and more flavorful.

Edited by Jimi007

• 3 weeks later...

Where do you get a butcher to grind ur beef; what store at chalong/central area;anybody knows?

Super Burger near Cheer's Bar is fabulous. Hen Chef in Nai Harn is also good...burger, fries & salad for 90 baht. There's a place near the Breakfast Hut in Nai Harn--think it's called Kitchen Grill--does a huge burger with fries for 100 baht. I recently had a blue cheeseburger at the Hard Rock Cafe in Patong...but spendy, but very good!

Could someone please post a google earth link for Cheers/Superburger? I'm not familiar with Rawai and I went to where I thought they were but couldn't find them. Thanks in advance.

If you google super burger phuket theres a website with a map, btw closed sunday

Edited by BillR