Burgers

N47HAN

Could someone please post a google earth link for Cheers/Superburger? I'm not familiar with Rawai and I went to where I thought they were but couldn't find them. Thanks in advance.

If you google super burger phuket theres a website with a map, btw closed sunday

Got it. Thanks.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure 50 people will subscribe to that deal to get the 50 baht burger. If there aren't 50 people subscribing, there aren't 50 baht burgers. Decent concept to harvest a bunch of email addresses though.

Only 43 more to go... I just gave them my spam account address...

Edited by Jimi007

• 4 weeks later...

To all the posters who said positive things about the burger place outside Cheers in Nai Harn....

Have you been there recently????

The place is a mess it has not been cleaned for at least 4 months. Just looking at the fries oven made me sick. I ordered a burger knowing it was a mistake but then again I was very hungry. Aaaaaaaaaaaachhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wat a dumb thing to do, creesy as hel_l. The burners of the grill don't even work because they have never ever been cleaned, you see huge flames that is just burning fat, the bun was inside out wet from oil.

Brrrrrr, I still get sick thinking about it.

To all the posters who said positive things about the burger place outside Cheers in Nai Harn....

The place is a mess it has not been cleaned for at least 4 months. Just looking at the fries oven made me sick. I ordered a burger knowing it was a mistake but then again I was very hungry. Aaaaaaaaaaaachhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wat a dumb thing to do, creesy as hel_l. The burners of the grill don't even work because they have never ever been cleaned, you see huge flames that is just burning fat, the bun was inside out wet from oil.

I AGREE!!! I went to "Super Burger" tonight, fries were included before for 120 Baht, now fries are an extra 30 Baht! It was okay for 120, but now there are no customers and they want to charge me for something that was just okay to begin with! I went home and made myself some excellent chicken tacos. I signed up for the coupon they offered online and never got it either. Bill is the owner of this place as well as the Gym in Nai Harn. Good luck! I hope the door hits your ass on your way out of town, like so many other businesses around this area! bah.gif

Hello, I own the burger shop and appreciate you bringing these concerns to my attention. I went and had a close look this morning and I will agree with you that it looks a bit messy. I am personally going to clean the place today. The sunflower oil is changed every 2 days and I assumed the chef was also cleaning the outside surfaces of the fryer. The grill is serviced once a month by lucky kitchen and I turned it on and did not notice any anomalies.

I am sorry you had a bad burger. If I can make it up to you, please pm me and I will arrange for you to get a free burger or sandwich. We changed chef's not too long ago and maybe he had a rough start.

And to the poster hoping the door hits me in the ass, you may have to wait as I just signed a 3 year lease on bangla for a second locationbiggrin.gif

Edited by BillR

Hello, I own the burger shop and appreciate you bringing these concerns to my attention. I went and had a close look this morning and I will agree with you that it looks a bit messy. I am personally going to clean the place today. The sunflower oil is changed every 2 days and I assumed the chef was also cleaning the outside surfaces of the fryer. The grill is serviced once a month by lucky kitchen and I turned it on and did not notice any anomalies.

I am sorry you had a bad burger. If I can make it up to you, please pm me and I will arrange for you to get a free burger or sandwich. We changed chef's not too long ago and maybe he had a rough start.

And to the poster hoping the door hits me in the ass, you may have to wait as I just signed a 3 year lease on bangla for a second locationbiggrin.gif

Now this I can appreciate, not the free burger (I'm not out for free bees) but the fact that you went there and checked things out. Well done.

To be honest I've had it with burgers for the moment but will come again in the future.

Look fellas:

I understand the craving for a good burger -- especially a cheeseburger -- having grown up on 'em.

But holding on to that craving is like retiring to Tuscany and dining at Subway.

You've got one of the world's healthiest and tastiest cuisine's nearly on your doorstep: fresh, home-cooked, inexpensive Thai meals.

Why do you even bother with burgers anymore?

Get. A. Life.

Look fellas:

I understand the craving for a good burger -- especially a cheeseburger -- having grown up on 'em.

But holding on to that craving is like retiring to Tuscany and dining at Subway.

You've got one of the world's healthiest and tastiest cuisine's nearly on your doorstep: fresh, home-cooked, inexpensive Thai meals.

Get. A. Life.

Variety is the spice of life so why the sarcastic comment? I reckon most expats who live here enjoy all the types of food on offer. What is wrong with wanting a good burger or pizza or anything other than Thai occasionally? It is great to have such a cosmopolitan variety of food & recommendations make it much easier to sort out the wheat from chaff.

Because, you know, after the 5000th meal with rice, sometimes you just fancy something different.. Be it Sushi, A burger, a sunday roast.. Whatever it is..

Get. A. Life.

Why does it bother you ??

G.A.L. back at ya.

Look fellas:

Get. A. Life.

Thai food 3 times a day 365 days a year, soon for 8 years? No way

Burgers same frequensy? No way

Variety is life:)

Because, you know, after the 5000th meal with rice, sometimes you just fancy something different.. Be it Sushi, A burger, a sunday roast.. Whatever it is..

Get. A. Life.

G.A.L. back at ya.

Getting low on decent posts to reply to to keep your average at 4.88 /day or what L/L :lol:

Sometimes you do have a reasonable opinion to post but .....G.A.L back at ya...????? Wasn't even directed at you...

Primary school stuff isn't it?

Get. A. Life.

G.A.L. back at ya.

Getting low on decent posts to reply to to keep your average at 4.88 /day or what L/L :lol:

Sometimes you do have a reasonable opinion to post but .....G.A.L back at ya...????? Wasn't even directed at you...

Primary school stuff isn't it?

hmm, TaoNow was asking everyone wanting a burger now and then and not eating thai food only, to "Get. A. Life".

Posters like this are just like newly arrived tenants, "I love thai food and culture, and never want to leave". IMHO variety makes life, and those who want "thai only" have usually been here for a few months only, same guys walking barefeet, in "thai" clothes, sitting on the floor, and ying/yang.

Most thais are craving for western stuff:D

well sad to say that i recommended Super Burger in a previous post....

although the place was clean and the thai fellow that sits there reading a book all night long is very nice guy..

ordered a burger there the other night was terrible just had a couple of bites and tossed it.....AWFUL IT WAS..

im sure it was not 100% beef it tasted more like a spiced sausage burger.....yucky.....

not to mention that the roll was bigger than the patty ...

WHERES THE BEEF...???

now i gotta find a new latenight burger joint....hmmmmm????

Made burgers from Tesco Lotus 149 baht/kg ground beef today. Best 149 baht ground beef in a long time:D

Tried Macros ready made frozen burgers, yak, dog liked it though

Hi

I did the same mistake,and my GF just looked very angry at me when i asked if she wanted a few.

• 3 weeks later...

Just bought 4 frozen burgers in Villa, 1/4 pound 4 piece, 160 B from O'driscolls, whoever he/she is, very nice and not dry at all after cooking, can recommend them.

BTW just saw gazette had a page with burger places, wish he had a look here before he was writing about it :)

• 4 weeks later...

I had a good burger at Sizzler yesterday.

The sizzler burger is half-decent, but at 340baht I expect more than that.

Also Steveo's is fcking terrible these days. They went from making a good burger to a mediocre and now inedible one. Not even their good milk shakes can get me there anymore. I guess after the little incident with the thai woman stealing about 100k over a few months from there they have decided to save money on proper ingredients or something.

Green man's texas mega burger is also bad these days and The Club in nai harn, which made a good burger, shut down a while ago so where to get a proper burger in the in the chalong/kata/rawai area these days?!

my burger bank account would indicate otherwise, and we have Lamb Kebabs now!

Bill, I saw you were doing a good takeaway biz while I waited, but perhaps this is due to there not being anything else that's better than that tough beef and over saturated fries that was served to me and my friends. I have quite a few friends that also share the same sentiment as how you have gone from a great place with tender juicy burgers, to serving the same tough beef as everyone else. Perhaps the supplier went out of biz on the good beef or his supplier changed? I really can't say I've had a better burger in the area, I can only comment on how the quality isn't what it used to be.

I use the same NZ beef we always had. Nothing has changed. We did change chefs, so Im not sure the last time you were there but maybe when he just started. There were a few issues which I handled personally, too much salt and pepper, cooking too long, etc. As I am now trying to gain weight, I eat there every night so I have not had what I would consider a sub par burger. Anyways Im there usually around 9pm so Id appreciate any feedback if you decide to try us again. Or by pm or email from the website. Any complaints or suggestions will be taken seriously and when appropriate, addressed with the chef.

Bill